The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Surely Harris will be gone soon. Although not sure who will want to take him.

Shepherd won't leave. Would struggle to get a team in League 2.

Shepherd would walk into any league 2 team and will most likely have offers at a higher level than that after his performances for Edinburgh City last season.

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

Shepherd would walk into any league 2 team and will most likely have offers at a higher level than that after his performances for Edinburgh City last season.

You're no The Rock Scott, stop talking about yourself in the 3rd Person.

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Given how well he did at Edinburgh City I doubt Shepherd will have any difficulty finding another club. He won fans player of the year, top goalscorer and scored not far off one goal in every two games.

As neither Shepherd nor Harris have been in any of the squads for the five friendlies we've played, it seems blatantly obvious that they're not wanted and won't play for our first team again. It's probably just a case of waiting while their agents find them the best deal possible elsewhere.

I don't know tbh, Harris strikes me as the kinda guy who will be happy to sit in the shadows and just pick up a wage, Sheps I think will be looking to go and prove himself at a lower level. Honestly get the impression from Harris that he thinks he's above this.

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Used to be 7 1/2 but I'm having to wear 9s now because of these big blotches that have appeared on my feet.

7 and a half? As in...... actual feet size, 7.5

And I get pelters for being a dwarf at 5 foot eight. 

This guy has hooves ffs!!!!

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And what's wrong with that may I ask? :angry: The best things come in small packages you know. May I add that everything else is in perfect proportion and excellent working order! 

9 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

I don't know tbh, Harris strikes me as the kinda guy who will be happy to sit in the shadows and just pick up a wage,

That would be alright for an old pro at the end of his career, not for someone in his early twenties.

I have no idea how many suitors he'll have just now, but if he only plays reserve football this season - or maybe doesn't play at all - then there'll be a lot less next summer.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

And what's wrong with that may I ask? :angry: The best things come in small packages you know. May I add that everything else is in perfect proportion and excellent working order! 

Pair of you need to grow up.

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

The video we just posted had a severe lack of Harris or Sheps and I am fucking loving it.

18 players shirts in the video.... must be the squad for today.... no need to get excited for lack of harris or sheps yet.

The video we just posted had a severe lack of Harris or Sheps and I am fucking loving it.

Paul Paton also taking Joe McKees squad number.

Hopefully he gets shipped out along with the others as soon as possible.

I have no idea how many suitors he'll have just now, but if he only plays reserve football this season - or maybe doesn't play at all - then there'll be a lot less next summer.

I’d be amazed if it’s even 1 tbh. Harris likely knows this will be his last season as a full time football player so really wouldn’t surprise me to see him sit out the season.

I do have to say I find Hartley's man management a little bit distasteful. McKee divides opinions, but I don't doubt he's a player who's always given his all for us. I think to then not even put him on the bench when we can't fill it is uncalled for.

Similarly say what you want about Shepherd but he's a young guy who came through our academy and is just off the back of a very successful loan spell. To then completely ostracise him from the squad could seriously damage his confidence.

Obviously I don't care what methods he uses if he wins us the title, but I'm not sure whether this kind of management style works in the modern era. 

Edited by EdiBairn

I do have to say I find Hartley's man management a little bit distasteful. McKee divides opinions, but I don't doubt he's a player who's always given his all for us. I think to then not even put him on the bench when we can't fill it is uncalled for.
Similarly day what you want about Shepherd but he's a young guy who came through our academy and is just off the back of a very successful loan spell. To then completely ostracise him from the squad could seriously damage his confidence.
Obviously I don't care what methods he used if he wins us the title, but I'm not sure whether this kind of management style works in the modern era. 

Shut it Shepps.

4 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Similarly day what you want about Shepherd but he's a young guy who came through our academy and is just off the back of a very successful loan spell. To then completely ostracise him from the squad could seriously damage his confidence.

Obviously I don't care what methods he used if he wins us the title, but I'm not sure whether this kind of management style works in the modern era. 

Or maybe they should take the hint and  feck off so we can replace them with better players worthy of a place on our bench.

Seems to work for the likes of mourinho and guardiola anyway.

Edited by Shodwall cat