The Falkirk FC Thread

Just wondering if theres any further sell on cash for us should this happen (as appears likely)?

No that clause was lost when he failed to reach the Christmas number 1 in 2014.

One of the 5 (five) grounds a fair few of us will have seen us beat Celtic at.

Was at both of these games and both games will live with me forever.
My abiding memory though is coming out of Ibrox after the 1-1 first leg and hearing some Celtic fans complaining about the result and saying...”I know we’ll win the replay but....”
As the final whistle went in the replay I couldn’t help think GIRFUY.,..

The budget that was signed off for next season is bigger than last season.

Remember the budget signed off last summer was added to with McGhee, Balatoni, Longridge and Tumilty in before January.

Added to that is a scout down south so perhaps it’s not much bigger than it is when Hartley came in but it’s bigger than before last season.

So when he says it is much the same as just now he is lying?

The audio is on the Herald article.

Whatever it is there is now doubt amongst fans about the support Hartley is actually getting. Why oh why we put ourselves in these situations is beyond me.

Does it show division? Who knows. Just not healthy IMO to have the manager apparently contradict the M.D. three days after he spoke.

I thought he meant the budget this season (probably from January on wards) was what he was talking about. With the likes of Jakubiak coming in from Watford I don't think he would have been on peanuts. 

If Hartley is going to slimline the squad and we somehow get rid of the likes of Loy (although at a cost probably) then hopefully Hartley will have enough of a budget to put a good team on the park. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

So when he says it is much the same as just now he is lying?

The audio is on the Herald article.

Whatever it is there is now doubt amongst fans about the support Hartley is actually getting. Why oh why we put ourselves in these situations is beyond me.

Does it show division? Who knows. Just not healthy IMO to have the manager apparently contradict the M.D. three days after he spoke.

Yeah you would think the two of them wouldve got together and discussed what would be going out to the press. At the very least its highly embarrassing to have your manager basically accusing your CEO of talking pish a couple of days after that statement was released.Just what we're used to at falkirk unfortunately. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

Time to stop crying foul at every opportunity. Hartley has not the said the board are talking pish. If you add the budget Houston had plus his late signings made over and above his pre season quota along with Hartleys emergency signings and January transfers I can see how it will be the single biggest budget to kick off with. To Hartley it might seem the same but when have we ever started a pre season  with the aim to sign the same amount of players we did over the course of the whole of this season? 

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

Time to stop crying foul at every opportunity. Hartley has not the said the board are talking pish. If you add the budget Houston had plus his late signings made over and above his pre season quota along with Hartleys emergency signings and January transfers I can see how it will be the single biggest budget to kick off with. To Hartley it might seem the same but when have we ever started a pre season  with the aim to sign the same amount of players we did over the course of the whole of this season? 

Quite.

Manufacturing a 'split' between the boardroom and manager over a nothing comment is peak Falkirk.

Precisely. The budget signed off for Houston at this time last year would have been significantly less than what we ended up spending. (Balatoni, McGhee, Hartleys signings and cost of emptying players) Presumably the overall spend has been matched as a pre season budget, hence it is quite obviously increased from the last time a pre season budget was signed.

Ergo, its the most obvious assumption here that the board are not talking pish, nor is Hartley sniping at the board.

Both of the above might actually turn out to be true, but to leapfrog over that scenario and into the more conspiritorial realms on the evidence we have is more the modus operandi of the COYB roaster.

Lets all sit back and have a think.....

Are YOU a COYB roaster????

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hartley stated that he felt the board had got ahead of themselves in saying that this was the highest budget ever signed off.  To me he and the bod should be talking about what goes out to the press surely?

It will be because its not millions. He wont have a massive war chest and won't want to be seen buying players of a standard you would question if he had a massive budget. Does not mean it is not the biggest we have had though. 

On 23/04/2018 at 10:26, Bainsfordbairn said:

Absolutely this. I think I was one of the punters in that house. I should have been sacked the next day, because I remember staggering out at something like 4am and being in work at seven. My then employer had a very strict alcohol policy and I was still pished. God knows how I got away with it.

That night will only ever be bettered if we actually win the Scottish Cup.

King St ?

If so I was there too, neighbour upstairs a Celtic fan, 20-30 of us sing specially for him and watching the highlights on TV twice.

I never made work day after, my manager was a Celtic fan and was glad and understood 

Incrediable we have four players all joint top goal scorer after last Saturday.

Jakubiak
Longridge
Muirhead
McKee

I fancy the Jak the steal it on Saturday.
McKee top scorer [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

This season summed up in a neat little package right there!

McKee top scorer [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

This season summed up in a neat little package right there!

To be fair to him, he’s not had too much game time and is still up there. Decent strike on Saturday too. Has the ability but maybe not the consistency.