The Falkirk FC Thread

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 21:09, Bairnardo said:

If we get a chance to plunder Livi, take Pittman 

Apparently told those close to him he's buying a house in Livi soon and looking to settle down with his family - expecting his 1st kid soon. Not too far of a drive for him but I think the majority of our squad will get split between bottom 6 in the Premiership and the likes of Hardie and Halkett who have been incredibly impressive could squeeze into a top 6 team

I was at the 1-1 game too and the concentration and tension was so intense I got a blinding headache for the whole evening and night.

Come the replay I was at the Barras watching Machine Head (a long previously booked engagement) and expected us to get pumped. Ended up listening to the last ten minutes of the game in the wee jannie's booth by the entrance, and me and my two pals were the only ones jumping around absolutely bananas at the final whistle. What a night.

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently told those close to him he's buying a house in Livi soon and looking to settle down with his family - expecting his 1st kid soon. Not too far of a drive for him but I think the majority of our squad will get split between bottom 6 in the Premiership and the likes of Hardie and Halkett who have been incredibly impressive could squeeze into a top 6 team

I'd reckon Rangers would want comp cash for Hardie if hes going to be moving to a top flight club which would probably put most teams off.  If he was dropping down a league though they may just let him go for a sell on fee.

On another note couldn't help having a wee chuckle at Jobbie McCall yesterday as his team bottled it big time against Alloa.  He looked gutted. Mind you result probably cost him a fortune at the bookies.

Edited by Shodwall cat

21 years ago today

My all time favourite result as a Bairn. When you look at the Celtic squad and look at ours it was utterly unbelievable we beat them, not just in a one off game but to beat them in a replay was incredible.

The last twenty minutes I sat looking at the ground when they were attacking you just expected to hear that big roar at some point.

The lung bursting run by Crunchie with about 5 minutes to go will live long in the memory. The full length of the pitch on a glue pot pitch with Celtic international players not able to get close. Amazing!

After the game and when Elliot’s closed we went back to a mates house to watch the highlights. I remember looking around the room and thinking I don’t know half the punters that were there - it was rammed. A night that will never be forgotten.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

My all time favourite result as a Bairn. When you look at the Celtic squad and look at ours it was utterly unbelievable we beat them, not just in a one off game but to beat them in a replay was incredible.

The last twenty minutes I sat looking at the ground when they were attacking you just expected to hear that big roar at some point.

The lung bursting run by Crunchie with about 5 minutes to go will live long in the memory. The full length of the pitch on a glue pot pitch with Celtic international players not able to get close. Amazing!

After the game and when Elliot’s closed we went back to a mates house to watch the highlights. I remember looking around the room and thinking I don’t know half the punters that were there - it was rammed. A night that will never be forgotten.

Thought Willie feckin Young was never going to blow his whistle.  Seem to remember Scott Mackenzie hitting the post at both ends too.  I'd been up all night with horrendous S & D and last thing I needed was a a game as nerve racking as that one.  Great days indeed,

couldn't have put it better myself. I was at both games and to not lose and win against a team like that in Glasgow was phenomenal. the atmosphere was electric. I remember was it Paolo de canio? trying every trick to get them back in it at the end.

one of my top 5 ever falkirk games

36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Absolutely this. I think I was one of the punters in that house. I should have been sacked the next day, because I remember staggering out at something like 4am and being in work at seven. My then employer had a very strict alcohol policy and I was still pished. God knows how I got away with it.

That night will only ever be bettered if we actually win the Scottish Cup.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It's hard for younger fans to understand, particularly with the Old Rangers debacle over the past few years, but at that time it genuinely felt that Rangers and Celtic would win every single honour in Scotland for evermore, the gap was growing at an exponential rate.

I was more gutted at the Kilmarnock final than at the Rangers / ICT finals, mainly because in 1997 I walked out of Ibrox thinking we'd never get to another major cup final.

21 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Devastating news, it appears The Rangers are about to sign Arfield on a pre contract. 

For real? Surely not!