The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I hope whoever PMd to moan about this has thought about the impact of doing Alex Harris out of 10 thousand pounds. Selfish b*****ds IMO (in my opinion)

Mon @keithgywe've not had PMs posted for ages. 

If 18 is the squad size we are looking at and Hartley is planning on sticking with the 3-5-2 then I think it will be something along the lines of:

2 GKs (Probably both new, depending on Mitchell’s recovery)

5 Centre halves (Muirhead, Grant, McGhee + 2)

3 wing backs (Robson + 2)

4 midfielders (Sibbs + 3)

4 forwards (Longridge + 3)

So probably looking at 12 new signings. Hazard, Thomson, Watson, Tumilty, Taiwo, Blair, Welsh, Kidd, Jak, Nelson, Loy, O’Hara and Shepherd probably all away, mostly by choice of the club. Of that lot Tumilty and Kidd are the two I wouldn’t mind keeping, whilst I’d absolutely love to see Jak and Nelson back but can’t see that happening.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

If 18 is the squad size we are looking at and Hartley is planning on sticking with the 3-5-2 then I think it will be something along the lines of:

So probably looking at 12 new signings. Hazard, Thomson, Watson, Tumilty, Taiwo, Blair, Welsh, Kidd, Jak, Nelson, Loy, O’Hara and Shepherd probably all away, mostly by choice of the club. Of that lot Tumilty and Kidd are the two I wouldn’t mind keeping, whilst I’d absolutely love to see Jak and Nelson back but can’t see that happening.

We won't get anywhere if he keeps all those centre halves at the club. 

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

Surely we'll need more than 4 midfielders and i cant see us having 4 strikers on the books if the squads small.  With a squad of just 18 we're going to be relying heavily on not getting many injuries. St Mirren have used around 30 different players this season so its going to be a major gamble if we're trying to keep it to 18.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

When you consider the way Houston often hid behind budget to an extent, its good for the club to simply come straight out and say we are going to throw money at this. Houston seemed like he had to shame the board into backing him. Hartley has been handed it. Great to see them addressing stuff that folk talk about. Safe standing, fan ownership etc. Great to see this level of engagement.

CC answered me rapidly when I chinned him about Old Firm colts too. I suspect he appreciates the fact that he should be answerable to the fans.

Agreed, it’s a greatly encouraging statement of both intent and actions from the club.  Planning, strategies, commitments.... wow.  Dates already in place, budgets allocated....  It’s like the club is seriously getting its collective shit together. 

I’d be surprised if Don Hartley keeps more than 5 of the squad, with the rest consigned to the bin along with our embarrassingly appropriate bog-awful strip. 

I’ve never been so glad to see the back of a season. What a waste. 

15 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

No, I did. Last time I checked, mid-December was not autumn. He didn't start well and that quickly ended any hopes of climbing the table.

Hartley has clearly done a good job and I'd be encouraged if I was a Falkirk fan that he'll mount a serious title challenge next season. Although, that should be the minimum expectation for Falkirk every season.

I think you should probably check again mate. 

5 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

I’d be surprised if Don Hartley keeps more than 5 of the squad, with the rest consigned to the bin along with our embarrassingly appropriate bog-awful strip. 

Not having this, the away top is bangin'. It's the players in it that are the problem.

Edited by ilostmyself

Happy to report my knickers have dried out ,time to relax and forget this season ever happened.

Players to keep

McGhee

Robson

Sibbs

The Jack - If possbile 

Nelson - If possible

Let the rest go complete revamp needed although might not be easy with the players who have another year.