Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Rory to score the winner and dump his former employers out of the cup seconds after Morelos blasts high over the crossbar and far off into the Govan sky.

Or more realistically, ill be happy as long as Cummings stays clear of the score sheet and we don't get utterly turned over.

f**k all this realism. Let’s get in, do the spade work and get out with a place in the semis. 

Jak to unintentionally skin 3 of their defenders and toe poke it past Foderingham in the 89th minute. 

Some knicker wetters on here. Sibbs will relish this game like he did the time we drew 2-2 there.

We have lost 3 times in 12 games.

You would think Sevco were fucking Barcelona the way they are talking.

Just go and play. Be organised and don’t give the ball away is daft areas and we will do ok. 100% think we will score, probably lose but not get battered.

My team would be

Hazard

Tumilty Muirhead McGhee Grant Robson

Taiwo Sibbs Kidd/Longridge

Jak Nelson

Back to 3/5 at the back.

Hazard

Taiwo Sibbs Kidd

Nelson Jak

Shitfesting our way to a draw wouldn't even come close to topping that day against utd.

Actually, if we hit the level of performance we did that day and got in about their faces the way we did Utd, I’d fancy us to win.

Problem is we have not hit those levels since....

Back to 3/5 at the back.

Hazard

Taiwo Sibbs Kidd

Nelson Jak

I would keep The Yak on the bench and bring him on in the second half as he’s a real impact player who could change the game.

Hazard

Tumilty
Muirhead
McGhee
Grant
Robson

Taiwo
Kidd
Sibbs

Longridge
Nelson

Aye that’s how I’d go as well.

Harsh to drop Jakubiak however Nelsons work-rate will be needed up top and as poor as he’s been recently you can’t drop Longridge his ability to take the ball under pressure could be vital at times. Also really fancy that midfield 3 to do the business and go and dominate.

However Morelos and Cummings especially against our defence does give me the fear.

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Aye that’s how I’d go as well.

Harsh to drop Jakubiak however Nelsons work-rate will be needed up top and as poor as he’s been recently you can’t drop Longridge his ability to take the ball under pressure could be vital at times. Also really fancy that midfield 3 to do the business and go and dominate.

However Morelos and Cummings especially against our defence does give me the fear.

Sounds like a fucking nightmare. Will just need to make sure they don’t get supply. 

I suspect Taiwo will be given a man marking job on one of them on Saturday.
I was hoping more for Taiwo to be given the seldom used, defensive free role, when he just gets to run around bodyimg whoever he feels is on danger of becoming effective.

We need Tommy Robson to be on top form too. The **** lose a lot of Tavernier can be kept quiet.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I was hoping more for Taiwo to be given the seldom used, defensive free role, when he just gets to run around bodyimg whoever he feels is on danger of becoming effective.

We need Tommy Robson to be on top form too. The **** lose a lot of Tavernier can be kept quiet.

Tavernier is also an area we should be targeting  defensively. I for one would play the Jak. Pace always gives the currant buns defence nightmares.  The last time we played them O'hara and Hippo had a field day.

hazard

tumilty
Muirhead
McGhee
Grant
Robson

taiwo
McKee
Sibbald

longridge

Nelson

id bring jakubiak on early second half hell be handy to change emphasis in the game which i think well need by that point

hazard

tumilty
Muirhead
McGhee
Grant
Robson

taiwo
McKee
Sibbald

longridge

Nelson

id bring jakubiak on early second half hell be handy to change emphasis in the game which i think well need by that point
I quite like this but would be tempted to fire Kidd in instead of McKee. Kidd has been involved in a lot that we have done well and will be more effective in trying to get a foothold in midfield than McKee as he will put it about a wee bit.

I quite like this but would be tempted to fire Kidd in instead of McKee. Kidd has been involved in a lot that we have done well and will be more effective in trying to get a foothold in midfield than McKee as he will put it about a wee bit.
as you know I'm not a fan of kidd although believe he's a better midfielder than right back. he's too slow and poor in the air for set pieces especially away at ibrox. I think McKee is quicker and taller and carries a better shot and goal threat from distance which we might need. Hartley played McKee on Saturday and kidd didn't even get on as a sub. different game this right enough tactically. the great thing is we have nothing to lose so if we are 1 or 2 down we can throw the sink at them second half should be exciting

as you know I'm not a fan of kidd although believe he's a better midfielder than right back. he's too slow and poor in the air for set pieces especially away at ibrox. I think McKee is quicker and taller and carries a better shot and goal threat from distance which we might need. Hartley played McKee on Saturday and kidd didn't even get on as a sub. different game this right enough tactically. the great thing is we have nothing to lose so if we are 1 or 2 down we can throw the sink at them second half should be exciting
I do think Kidds composure on the ball and eye for wee short passes in and around the box is a wee tad underrated even by myself as I am suggesting he goes in there primarily as someone who will tackle. He can finish too though.

Where I do agree with you is that McKee is the midfielder most likely to pull something out from 25 yards in a game where we might create the sum total of f**k all chances for the strikers. He certainly owes us a performance with Hartley allowing him in from the cold after the shambolic way he downed tools earlier in the season.

Its really all about big performances from everyone and being greater than the sum of our parts tbh. In someways its what the cup is all about but a serious hounding is certianly where the smart money goes.

Hartley needs to be drilling concentration and discipline into the defence, and we need Robson, Tumilty and Taiwo to absolutely bust a gut all game. Everyone does, but those three especially need to work so hard to make the setup effective.

Sibbald, Jak, Longridge though... All capable of that one wee moment of quality that we can all hope for.

We have to be careful out wide I think. I watched them smash Hamilton who play three at the back and they really exploited the gaps in behind the wing backs so if we can prevent that then we have a chance.

They are almost as bad defensively as we are so we can score and they certainly won't sit it like Dumbarton or Brechin.

Hoping we score from some sort of dodgy decision during the game at some point, just so I can look around and witness some fat seething unionist mess about to explode with anger.