The Falkirk FC Thread

Typical we have to be playing the currant buns when they are bang on form 

Despite that, it looks like someone is putting cash on us. Odds on a Falkirk win cut from 14/1 to 12/1 with Bet365. Draw also cut from 7/1 to 6/1.
Must admit can’t see anything other than a comfortable defeat.
Then again....
“Expect the Unexpected”....

Thinking about it. Looks like most on here think we will continue to go 3-5-2 on Sunday. However, is there not a case for going 4-5-1 with Tumilty dropping back, and Nelson on his own up front? Possibly, Longridge, McKee, Taiwo, Sibbs and Robson in midfield?

Jamie Murphy and few other zombies carrying knocks apparently. Possibly the right time to play them if that’s the case.
We need to go right at them from the start - I’d hate for us to go and get pumped sitting back, rather we just go out and give it everything - win or lose. Either way this is win/win for us from a financial standpoint.

I’d go

Hazard

Tumilty
Aero
Grant
McGhee
Robson

Sibbs
Taiwo
Kidd

Jak
Nelson

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

McKee was near enough our best player on Saturday, I'm not his biggest fan but he should be in the team this weekend. 

Agreed. He should be in there before kidd this weekend. Another 25yrd free kick like the one at tannadice from him to win it would do me lovely. 

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

just realised our next 4 games are away to rangers and then play the top 3 clubs in the championship 2 away from home in livvi and st mirren.

tough 4 games

Our recent good form is papering cracks that will show in these games and not beating highland league or Brechin , we may sneak a win a draw but fully expect our rollercoaster to be more downward in these games.

Expect the unexpected an all that but hopefully the unexpected happens Sunday and not the league games, we have enough for 8th in league

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Our recent good form is papering cracks that will show in these games and not beating highland league or Brechin , we may sneak a win a draw but fully expect our rollercoaster to be more downward in these games.

Expect the unexpected an all that but hopefully the unexpected happens Sunday and not the league games, we have enough for 8th in league

Too much Superbock?

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

just realised our next 4 games are away to rangers and then play the top 3 clubs in the championship 2 away from home in livvi and st mirren.

tough 4 games

Win the home game against Morton and get a point from either Livi or St Mirren and we're doing alright there. Even 3 points from the 3 games wouldn't be so bad.

There is no chance of us making the top 4 so we should be focusing on getting to 8th.

Guest Back Post Misses
McKee was near enough our best player on Saturday, I'm not his biggest fan but he should be in the team this weekend. 

No mobile enough for me.

Would rather Kidd played instead

Guest Back Post Misses
kidd is one of the least mobile players I've seen. Houston brought him in and stopped playing him and Hartley isn't playing him. he'll be gone in 2 months

Away and don’t talk rubbish about his movement. He will most certainly not be with us next season mind you.

Guest Back Post Misses
I suspect set-pieces are our most likely opportunities to score rather than open play. In which case it surely needs to be McKee?

McGhee and Kidd himself can cover that.

Whatever it is going to be nightly tough. I am sure we will give them a better game that St.Johnstone did last night

McGhee and Kidd himself can cover that.

Whatever it is going to be nightly tough. I am sure we will give them a better game that St.Johnstone did last night

Must admit they have put together a few decent results recently so to get anything from this one would be quite something.
Real chance for Hartley to show us some tactical genius. Boy do we need it....