The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hope so.

Complete wage thief with the heart of a pea.

I understand he is Disruptive in the dressing too.

Absolute pish. Another player that has been blamed for being disruptive but the truth is he was too quiet for his own good.

Hartley is doing the right thing getting rid of players no good enough but the way he has went about it has been diabolical. His man management is atrocious. 

16 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Absolute pish. Another player that has been blamed for being disruptive but the truth is he was too quiet for his own good.

Hartley is doing the right thing getting rid of players no good enough but the way he has went about it has been diabolical. His man management is atrocious. 

Surely it was BPM who has claimed hes disruptive.  Never seen any mention of it from Hartley. In Craigens case I dont see what the manager is supposed to do.  He's not part of his plans, hes told him that and Craigen has got himself a job elsewhere.  Frankly I dont see what's wrong with that.

Had to laugh at the announcement:  Manager, Allan Johnston said “James is a Player I have admired since he was at Partick Thistle in the Premier League. I had watched him in the play offs last season, when he scored in both legs against Dundee United". 

I'm glad  he hadnt watched him do nothing in the other 49 games he played for us or he may still be here.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Is that you Kerrso?

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Craigen is a mid-level Championship player if you put him in exactly the right position with the right players around him, but that's about it.

Correction: Craigen is a Championship winning midfielder.

Guest Back Post Misses

Well done Paul Hartley.

We have some utter mugs in our support.

“His Man management is atrocious”. FFS have you experienced it like?

34 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

By BPM alone. Agree with (appearing to be) too quiet though.

Baws.

Well done Paul Hartley.

We have some utter mugs in our support.

“His Man management is atrocious”. FFS have you experienced it like?

I think the general view is that the clear out is happening and is to be welcomed.
It does not however mean that we cannot be concerned re some of the performances of the first couple of months, particularly given the performances in the two games under Alex Smith. Questioning that does not make anyone an utter mug. Dundee fans and newspaper interviews (if they are to be believed) appear to suggest that there might be shortcomings in aspects of his management style.
As you question everyone’s knowledge of Hartley’s management approaches, perhaps you can share what you know of his abilities?
To be clear, I fully support what Hartley is doing at present, but I have reservations longer term re motivational skills which could be completely wrong...although yet to be fully proved either way...

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely it was BPM who has claimed hes disruptive.  Never seen any mention of it from Hartley. In Craigens case I dont see what the manager is supposed to do.  He's not part of his plans, hes told him that and Craigen has got himself a job elsewhere.  Frankly I dont see what's wrong with that.

Had to laugh at the announcement:  Manager, Allan Johnston said “James is a Player I have admired since he was at Partick Thistle in the Premier League. I had watched him in the play offs last season, when he scored in both legs against Dundee United". 

I'm glad  he hadnt watched him do nothing in the other 49 games he played for us or he may still be here.

Kinda answers how he was signed, waits till the play offs to turn up.

I don't buy this find a position for him, he had numerous chances in his so called favoured position and wasn't consistent, his set piece play can be Ok, tho more than often his corners were pish....still he is quite comfortable on both left or right foot......pity he didn't apply himself like he did in the play off games

53 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Correction: Craigen is a Championship winning midfielder.

Was

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I'll take Hartley's management style ahead of Houston's "Come to Falkirk, you'll get a wage" approach any day.

Fair enough but he ran out of ideas about 2 years ago.

I actually think that Houstie could not spot a good player but was able to motivate a team of marginally above average players until it all fell apart this season.
I get the impression (with little definitive evidence) that Hartley IS able to spot a good player. All I am hoping for is that he also has the ablility to motivate them too. If he can then we are onto a winner.
Dundee U and the first half at home to the eternal journeymen suggests that he perhaps does, although the early part of his tenure suggested otherwise. We were also awful at ICT.
Let’s just hope it’s the former....

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I actually think that Houstie could not spot a good player but was able to motivate a team of marginally above average players until it all fell apart this season.
I get the impression (with little definitive evidence) that Hartley IS able to spot a good player. All I am hoping for is that he also has the ablility to motivate them too. If he can then we are onto a winner.
Dundee U and the first half at home to the eternal journeymen suggests that he perhaps does, although the early part of his tenure suggested otherwise. We were also awful at ICT.
Let’s just hope it’s the former....

I agree. The more dodgy houston signings the team was filled with the worst we continued to get until it hit rock bottom this season.  His recruitment really was dire and replacing the likes of Vaulks and Alston with Craigen and Mckee really took the biscuit.  He always got the best out of other managers signings though . Reminds me a bit of Alex McLeish. He's great when he first comes in and has other managers players to work with and then brings in utter dross and leaves a mess for the next manager.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Remember his first season's recruitment was awful, then it perked up, before falling off a cliff.

Boulding, Tudur-Jones, Tokarczyk, McCann etc.

Although Kidd could have been a decent signing from the start had he been played in beside TT instead of MK for the last year (fitness permitting).

Guest Back Post Misses
PH has had to be ruthless and clear the dross. If he hadn't done this in the January window then we were gone. If it upsets some to get punted then so be it. Football is a win business at all costs with absolutely no room for sentiment.

Something people seem to forget is that this is probably a job Hartley has to get right if he is to succeed in his long term ambition to manage at a higher level.

Failure at Falkirk will mean the end of that ambition he clearly has. Time will tell if he is good enough to manage at a higher level but I am sure that ambition is driving him.