The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Think maybe need to get a keeper in. Not sure if it’s been mentioned.

The club rarely put a timescale on injuries, particularly serious ones. They don't want to put pressure on the players, nor to disappoint fans if the timescale isn't achieved. I certainly remember they were careful not to give estimates for Peter Grants return.

However, you might just find that David Mitchell is able to return a lot sooner than people expect. If that turns out be the case, it's not impossible that won't sign a new keeper.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The club rarely put a timescale on injuries, particularly serious ones. They don't want to put pressure on the players, nor to disappoint fans if the timescale isn't achieved. I certainly remember they were careful not to give estimates for Peter Grants return.

However, you might just find that David Mitchell is able to return a lot sooner than people expect. If that turns out be the case, it's not impossible that won't sign a new keeper.

Can’t see him playing this season to be honest he had his brace off the other day but for his injury can be anything from 6-12 months recovery.

5 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

How many young EPL stars did Dunfermline sign today?

To be fair; he is right. I regretfully had a quick look on one of their forums and in 3 pages of searching I haven't seen one positive comment over his 10 games. Even this season there's been comments about players having a 'Jakubiak' when they've had a stinker. 

It amazes me how many people can say they know what our best team is without seeing two of our signings play yet, and our new recruits only a few games as well.

ShaggerG’s central midfield two of Sibbald and Blair would get shagged most week even by the likes of Dumbarton.

Happy we are looking further afield for signings and like the look of the latest loanee. Time will tell where he will fit in, who would be the best to play him up front with and so on.

16 minutes ago, Trump said:

It amazes me how many people can say they know what our best team is without seeing two of our signings play yet, and our new recruits only a few games as well.

ShaggerG’s central midfield two of Sibbald and Blair would get shagged most week even by the likes of Dumbarton.

Happy we are looking further afield for signings and like the look of the latest loanee. Time will tell where he will fit in, who would be the best to play him up front with and so on.

It amazes me how some folk can say that other folk have suggested what our best team is when, in fact, that wasn't the case at all!

The central midfield that I quoted was based on the possibility of Tawio being unavailable which I made clear in the post. Also, I would certainly play Blair before Welsh based on the fact that I have seen Welsh playing this season. Now, I've no idea if Blair has improved on the physical side of his game but I do know that Welsh isn't going to give us very much in terms of physicality. Blair may or he may not but there's only one way to find out. Additionally, IMO, Sibbald has dramatically improved that side of his game and I would have no qualms in asking him to match his opposite number from that point of view.

We've signed two guys on loan, we need to play them to see if they come up to scratch otherwise there would be no point in signing them in the first place!

17 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

looks like we're not too far away from getting a GK in on loan

JH from an Edinburgh team!

12 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Jack Hamilton

4 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

John Hancock!

Jim Herriot! 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Does make a good change getting some promising young players in on loan.

If Houston was still in charge we’d probably be signing Darryl Duffy today instead.

We’ve signed 4 players from down south under Hartley - The Jak, Ryan Blair, Nelsom on loan and Robson permanently.

Under Houston we signed 6 over 7 transfer windows  - Peter Grant ( already signed by Holt pre-contract), Taylor Morgan( enough said),Conor McGrandles loan, Alex Tokarczyk (1 game) Deniz Mehmet and Joe McKee.

Edited by gav-ffc