The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Chesterfield interested in Loy apparently, wonder if we could have found a club daft enough to pay a fee for him, Grant and Muirhead can go anytime they like for me, both aren't good enough.  Keeper is a priority.

Having championed Muirhead for a chance at centrehalf I now have to admit that he's actually a better right back  which is quite frankly frightening.

Cant see any more centrehalfs coming in unless Watson , Grant or Muirhead move on.  I'd say a midfielder with a bit of nastiness is more of a need as we're far too easily bullied in that area by teams which don't field shitebags like Queens and DU.

I think given the chance Watson would be away already. No ones going to give him the wages we do and he’s right to sit on the contract until someone does.

Still a few weeks to get bodies out.

2 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I think given the chance Watson would be away already. No ones going to give him the wages we do and he’s right to sit on the contract until someone does.

Still a few weeks to get bodies out.

I would not be surprised if there are a few players who, if they cant get another club, will be paid off on 1st February. Miller and Kerr probably

33 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

I would not be surprised if there are a few players who, if they cant get another club, will be paid off on 1st February. Miller and Kerr probably

Assuming the pay off is the remainder of their contract, why would we do that? Why not just pay them on a week to week basis and potentially still leave the possibility of them going out on emergency loan later on?

5 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Assuming the pay off is the remainder of their contract, why would we do that? Why not just pay them on a week to week basis and potentially still leave the possibility of them going out on emergency loan later on?

If they are trouble as has been mentioned by a few on this site, it is best to come to an agreement so they cannot be seen as a nuisance.

1 hour ago, Bairnschild said:

If they are trouble as has been mentioned by a few on this site, it is best to come to an agreement so they cannot be seen as a nuisance.

Can we come to an agreement with you as well troll boy?

Yer patter is chronic.

16 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

One thing was settled tonight. We won’t be finishing any higher than eighth this season.

I wouldnt say that its that clear cut yet but reality is we may not even climb above 9th......

I was concerned that Thomson had signed on for 2yr in the summer there, fortunately his deal ends in summer, it will be like having Yogi back if we get another keeper in

2 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Anyone know anything about the initiative to give the manager transfer cash this window? Did it get much uptake? Die a death? Haven’t heard much about it recently, although think I saw flyers being handed out for it on Saturday.

Don't think it was very well supported and even if it was there wouldn't have been enough cash available at this point to make much difference.

3 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Anyone know anything about the initiative to give the manager transfer cash this window? Did it get much uptake? Die a death? Haven’t heard much about it recently, although think I saw flyers being handed out for it on Saturday.

I'm sure the last time the group posted an update on facebook they'd just reached a hundred members. They launched in mid-August and I think that update was around October. So a bit of quick maths suggests that they've probably made - at the very best - around four grand, unless the members are piling up and they're keeping quiet about it. 

I spoke to one of the guys doing it on Saturday and they've got ~100 members so not really enough to make a big difference.  Definitely has its heart in the right place but unless they get a serious uptake in numbers I can't see it lasting.

Unlucky to have started almost at the exact moment our poor form started and people lost a lot of faith in the way the club is being run.

I wouldnt say that its that clear cut yet but reality is we may not even climb above 9th......
I was concerned that Thomson had signed on for 2yr in the summer there, fortunately his deal ends in summer, it will be like having Yogi back if we get another keeper in

I guess all that really matters now is it’s a straight battle between Dumbarton and ourselves unless there’s a catastrophic collapse of one of the others which is unlikely though.

54 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

I thought it was targeted that next January would see the first funds