The Falkirk FC Thread

I've read Waddell's piece twice now and it's just utter meh!!

I've pulled up Falkirk fans at games before and I've denounced the shite that's went on at Bairns/Pars' games many, many times on here - it's like he felt he *had* to say something because it was Falkirk and he chucked together a half-arsed collection of words to make some sort of half-arsed point.

He was paid to write that ! I've read a thousand better posts on here from folk simply passing 5 minutes sitting on the bog. (*ahem*)

Edited by Ned Nederlander

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Waddell is an utter cretin. Panders to the absolute dregs of society, no wonder .net is lapping it up 

I suspect Gordon was playing right into their hands (given the recent court case involving a Dunfermline fan) with this, apparently racist, cartoon. Awful.

He should be sacked, in my humble opinion.

Absolutely insane that Waddell is ostracised for calling out the scumbags. It appears that if a Falkirk fan doesn’t immediately join in the wagon circling then they will be on the receiving end of some quite vile personal abuse. 

5 hours ago, hope street said:

You would think o’hara and McKee played keepie uppie with a false eye in front of DS given the level of hysteria.

Sheils accused o’hara of diving and o’hara stupidly replied along the lines of “ you need to get that fucking eye fixed” hardly crime of the century. O’hara has apologised to shiels several times and received a lengthy ban.

McKee , as has been said,called Shiels and his father a c**t. A further comment was made, not about his eye and Dunfermline made a complaint about that. So McKee got a ban.

Some stupid fans thought it was hilarious to throw false eyes on the pitch.

No one died. KS has already said that DS isn’t that bothered.

It’s others are driving the hysteria imo.

How exactly do you know all this? I haven't seen any of the details published by anyone close to a credible source, so I'm curious as to where/how you're getting this information?

That's a genuine question by the way.

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Absolutely insane that Waddell is ostracised for calling out the scumbags. It appears that if a Falkirk fan doesn’t immediately join in the wagon circling then they will be on the receiving end of some quite vile personal abuse. 

Give it a rest. It's the manner in which he's criticised the club. Journalism at its worst. That picture FFS. Work of a thirteen year old kid.

Your perma-outrage whether it's real or not is boring in the extreme.

Everyone has accepted that the behaviour of a section of Falkirk fans was distasteful and unacceptable.

I'm sure Falkirk will be doing their utmost to identify the culprits and they and the club will most likely be punished in some form.

What's most important about this is that everybody learns from this experience and think in future before they act.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Give it a rest. It's the manner in which he's criticised the club. Journalism at its worst. That picture FFS. Work of a thirteen year old kid.

Your perma-outrage whether it's real or not is boring in the extreme.

Everyone has accepted that the behaviour of a section of Falkirk fans was distasteful and unacceptable.

I'm sure Falkirk will be doing their utmost to identify the culprits and they and the club will most likely be punished in some form.

What's most important about this is that everybody learns from this experience and think in future before they act.

Wow.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

I'm just astonished that you/anyone would bite to that. 

I didn't bite to anything.

My main point was regarding the poor quality of journalism.

It also gave me a chance to point out what a boring cunt the OP is.:)

"That’s for them to deal with. You can only take responsibility for your own behaviour as a support." - Gordon Waddell

Still don't get why the f**k I'm to take responsibility for a group of wankers, just because they're wearing the same shirt as me. I can say I find it deplorable, as if I were commenting on anyone else's actions in the world, but being near a group of arseholes doesn't associate me with them imo. Apologies if he's only saying that I need to take responsibility for my own actions, but from context it sounds like I have to take responsibility for what any Falkirk fan does, in which case I apologize wholeheartedly for that article written by a fellow Falkirk fan.

Edited by Gollum

It’s 100% reliable, won’t suit some people’s agendas on how badly DS was abused of course.

I have no agenda. It makes no odds to me what was actually said, the punishments have been handed out and the clubs are doing their best to move on. I’m just curious as to where people get their ‘facts’, as it’s often difficult to separate fact from rumour.

I doubt if the McKee incident wouldve ever been taken further if it hadn't been for o'haras comments.  The fact that sheils was happy to stand up at a hearing and bleat about McKee calling his dad a bad name is pretty embarrassing for a guy of his age and more akin to what happens in your local playground.

Guest Back Post Misses

I have no agenda. It makes no odds to me what was actually said, the punishments have been handed out and the clubs are doing their best to move on. I’m just curious as to where people get their ‘facts’, as it’s often difficult to separate fact from rumour.

Have a look at some of Joe’s relations on twitter. They are clearly unhappy at what Joe has been wrongly accused of.

Secondly Tam McManus said on Sportsound Joe did not mention Shiels eye, it was something else he said. Not one of 4 or 5 other guys discussing it disagreed with Tam.

Maybe not the proof you require but certainly the first time people have spoken like this about it.

Shiels senior and McKee by all accounts had previous at Morton. What that was I have no idea about.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Have a look at some of Joe’s relations on twitter. They are clearly unhappy at what Joe has been wrongly accused of.

Secondly Tam McManus said on Sportsound Joe did not mention Shiels eye, it was something else he said. Not one of 4 or 5 other guys discussing it disagreed with Tam.

Maybe not the proof you require but certainly the first time people have spoken like this about it.

Shiels senior and McKee by all accounts had previous at Morton. What that was I have no idea about.

Aye I heard Tam McManus talking about it yesterday, which is fair enough. I'm sure it was also Tam that was talking about McKee and Shiels Senior's history at Morton, no idea what that's about though. 

Falkirk players have clearly had something drummed into them by Houston or others to wind up opposition players. You saw it at EEP last season. It just got out of hand. The way the falkirk board and management handled things going right back to the Hypolite cheating has been poor. 

The sad thing is what Dean has had to go through just by doing his job. Ok he shouldn't have kicked out but the ref was yards away to the abuse and did f**k all.

The best form of punishment would be for the Falkirk players and fans to spend a day or two with blind kids. Might make them have a wee think about how shitty they were.

Its been coming for years to Falkirk fans, there's definitely a moronic element to their support. Not saying pars are perfect but let's not forget the Norrie chants. It was half the terrace at brockville with parents and kids joining in. I don't remember a single chant when the young falkirk player died of an electric shock.

Before the game last Tuesday around 50 young falkirk fans walked past the main stand singing what sounded like "deans got one eye we've go at two, Norries dead and so are you" 

Pretty much guarantee it was them who chucked eye balls.