The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

What are you referring to?

It's a sarcastic take on the reaction that nearly every OF fan had to the Shiels incident, and even some Falkirk fans. 

Great news. A truly abysmal signing that folk were happy to "give a chance" despite it being clear after about 80 minutes that he was a slow, ponderous, immobile blob who lacked strength, nous, or any semblance of a passing game. A big fat diddy.

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Do explain?

Comments along the lines of "aye but what about the old firm and their sectarianism? that's well worse" were exhausted by many OF fans and a handful of Falkirk fans (albeit mainly from roasters on social media) since the Shiels incident on Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:
14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
Kerr, Miller, Watson, Loy, Harris, McKee. Take your pick.

We'll take Miller or Loy please.

Could we interest you in Alex Harris? Throw in Scott shepherd too?

Actually! After the Lewis Vaughn affair last year we cannot send you lot anything for our own safety!

Edited by ilostmyself

Weird one Luca, some players just work for certain teams and not others.
I was delighted to sign him but he was generally poor throughout his time here.

Who's next then?

You can have Scotland’s joint top scorer of 2018 Scott Shepherd with a free Alex Harris on the side.

11 minutes ago, smpar said:

Comments along the lines of "aye but what about the old firm and their sectarianism? that's well worse" were exhausted by many OF fans and a handful of Falkirk fans (albeit mainly from roasters on social media) since the Shiels incident on Tuesday. 

I think that was more in reply to calls for the club to get punished and not people saying the whole incident was out of order.

29 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Great news. A truly abysmal signing that folk were happy to "give a chance" despite it being clear after about 80 minutes that he was a slow, ponderous, immobile blob who lacked strength, nous, or any semblance of a passing game. A big fat diddy.

He looked competent if unspectacular last season.  This season is a completely different matter and it's evident that he's been carb loading going by the size of his backside.  He's no pace, no mobility, and is probably our fattest player since Brian Scrimgeour and Dougie Robertson - his shorts could be used as a sail on one of the tall ships.

Actually, I do tend to believe that many events within Scottish football, particularly around the OF, but not exclusively, are worse. Particularly where violence is involved. It’s just that it’s become so commonplace nowadays that people don’t appear to treat it as seriously as they should.

The events on Saturday, whilst serious, and should never be condoned, are unusual in this day and age and have consequently been sensationalised to new heights.

Consequently, my club is being attacked for actions it was not really in any control of, and the very vast majority of innocent Falkirk supporters have all been cast into the same net.

I have just literally come off the phone with a client at work based down South who closed a conversation with me about the behaviour of our supporters. So does that mean we are all uncaring individuals who condone Saturday’s actions due to the actions of a stupid few?

Be very careful, because abject stupidity exists in fan bases across Scotland, not just in Falkirk, and it could very well be your own club that is being unfairly castigated next. We all have a few unsavoury individuals who follow our clubs.

In that case, just pop the evidence in here

No need to, there was sufficient evidence given at the hearing, however I'd love to hear the evidence regarding this.

Once again, what should their statement have said re McKee? What was he banned for saying, specifically? The rumours I have heard is...

I recall O'Hara himself contacted Shiels to apologise.

"rumours"

I know what you are saying. I am just pointing out for the umpteenth time that folk are unfairly lumping Joe McKee into this clusterfuck without knowing any of the facts around his case. It's a very good example of the bullshit that has blown up around this. I think it's important to have things striaght and stop folk peddling shite to further escalate this. (Not you, others.)

Such as Falkirk fans peddling a rumour that he got the ban purely for just calling his dad a c**t?

The main issue with the McKee ban is that he wasn't even giving Sheils abuse about his eye but was allegedly  

"allegedly"

The club came out and made a statement condemning the singing at Inverness.

And there we go, it was such a poor, nothing statement that even your own fans didn't know it existed, it wasn't pushed through your OS, your twitter or Facebook, the three channels where the majority of your fans would at least have seen it.

I didn't expect Falkirk to come and post a statement tearing strips out of O'Hara. However a statement saying that what was done was done in the heat of the moment, was wrong and that O'Hara regrets it would've been good and hopefully at least tried to avert what's been happening since.

You only have to look back on this thread around the time of both hearings to see that the Falkirk fans on here having a go at Shiels for not just getting on with it. The clubs silence following both hearings definitely seemed to stoke the feelings of injustice amongst Falkirk fans.