Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Do you guys want to keep longridge? I’ll drive him back through if needed.

100% no. Boi’s pish.

Longridge is far too inconsistant when we need players that are going to be able to roll up the sleeves every week and put in a performance. 

I wonder if all this negative publicity is likely to have an effect on our signing targets?  Anytime I've changed jobs, I've always done a wee bit of research into the new place, and I'm sure footballers are the same, so is it possible that some may be put  off joining us because of the actions of these few morons? 

As well as this, the recent publicity cant be good for any future sponsorhip or commercial deals which can only have an adverse affect on our finances? 

14 minutes ago, some_guy said:

I wonder if all this negative publicity is likely to have an effect on our signing targets?  Anytime I've changed jobs, I've always done a wee bit of research into the new place, and I'm sure footballers are the same, so is it possible that some may be put  off joining us because of the actions of these few morons? 

As well as this, the recent publicity cant be good for any future sponsorhip or commercial deals which can only have an adverse affect on our finances? 

I'd argue that the current team being utter shite at football is a bigger turn-off for potential signings tbf. 

I'd argue that the current team being utter shite at football is a bigger turn-off for potential signings tbf. 

Aye? Your maws utter shite.

You'll get a good laugh reading some of the utter pish being spouted on the daily record hotline.   Players should've been banned for life and sacked by the club, falkirks right to promotion should be revoked and so on.  Hilarious stuff.

Longridge has had one decent game for us so far in his spell, although I think it’d be hard for anyone to impress in this side at the moment.

Good point.
I think we get to keep you if we win in Grangemouth in April?

Don't be daft you need at least 20 years of domination before you are even off our mantle piece.

Longridge's work rate is good, whether that masks his actual ability is questionable,still rather have him than Harris or Craigen. I think Hartley rates him and wouldn't be surprised if he signed him.  For me we need better quality and experience in.  Getting rid of Balatoni i think was a mistake when the likes of Muirhead are still here. Still think there are a lot that should be punted but i doubt all will be this month.  Crucial that Hartley gets his signings spot on though. 

2 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Totally inaccurate Holly as I had the dubious privilege of sitting in the main stand at Love Street due to being hosted as part of local hospitality. I was personally enraged by the monkey noises which actually came from the standing area in front of main stand and actually let my host a Saints Season Ticket Holder know my feelings about the outrageous racial abuse Ritchie suffered that afternoon.

Don't let selective memory and hearsay get in the way of the truth Holly

i was in the wee enclosure that day and have no memory of monkey noises.i too remember that day for a very good reason.

anyway I don't blame you for making up stuff to take the pressure off your own club at this moment.

26 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Longridge's work rate is good, whether that masks his actual ability is questionable,still rather have him than Harris or Craigen. I think Hartley rates him and wouldn't be surprised if he signed him.  For me we need better quality and experience in.  Getting rid of Balatoni i think was a mistake when the likes of Muirhead are still here. Still think there are a lot that should be punted but i doubt all will be this month.  Crucial that Hartley gets his signings spot on though. 

Balatoni was a player that we could lose without costing us money unfortunately. I think in an ideal world we wouldve kept him ahead of others but we need cash to bring in other players and we already have a load of centrehalfs on the books.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don't be daft you need at least 20 years of domination before you are even off our mantle piece.

I know; a couple of wins against the worst Falkirk side in 15 years and it's considered "owning" us in Fife.

39 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

i was in the wee enclosure that day and have no memory of monkey noises.i too remember that day for a very good reason.

anyway I don't blame you for making up stuff to take the pressure off your own club at this moment.

It happened - Cadette was responsible for the booing by committing IIRC a bit of retaliation but I can confirm some of our fans did go OTT & make monkey chants. 

Edited by btb

Good point.
I think we get to keep you if we win in Grangemouth in April?
You're some way off, never mind topping the Hampden Semi/European play off.056c28baf0c9b373f4998cb0b0305ce8.jpg

13 minutes ago, btb said:

It happened - Cadette was responsible for the booing by committing IIRC a bit of retaliation but I can confirm some of our fans did go OTT & make monkey chants. 

Thanks for an honest report of what happened that day..............sad but again it was a small minority and I for one would never tarnish the good name of St Mirren because of the behaviour of a few uneducated individuals

You're some way off, never mind topping the Hampden Semi/European play off.056c28baf0c9b373f4998cb0b0305ce8.jpg

It's all about the last game.

17 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Thanks for an honest report of what happened that day..............sad but again it was a small minority and I for one would never tarnish the good name of St Mirren because of the behaviour of a few uneducated individuals

I remember we played Stirling Albion a few weeks after that and there were loads of Show Racism The Red Card people there on the back of that.

8 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Was he under contract?  Hopefully a bit of compo heading our way to help with the imminent fine!

Edited by FFCinthearea

Wasn't it established that a fine is far from 'imminent'?