The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Thanks for an honest report of what happened that day..............sad but again it was a small minority and I for one would never tarnish the good name of St Mirren because of the behaviour of a few uneducated individuals

my apologies.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

There has been a nasty line crossing minority of shameful arseholes in the falkirk support since I can remember. What goes around comes around and I hope sponsors pull out and leave you relegated.

breasty-dumpling.jpg

Edited by Super Tuesday

Distracting ourselves with football for a bit - I've just watched back the highlights from Tuesday - Sean Welsh will need to do a helluva lot to win me back over after the ridiculous 'couldnt give a f*ck' way he trotted after McManus at the first goal - shite from someone 15 minutes into their debut.

I'm not convinced by Longridge and wouldn't be too upset if he didn't stay with us, but getting a bit worried that he is the upper level of player we can attract nowadays.

Nelson faded badly in the second half but showed some good touches and movement in the first half, but again as i think someone said earlier he looks like another forward who would play well off a main striker...who of course we don't have.

Tumilty and Robson are probably our best two options at RB and LB respectively (guessing at the latter of course, but better than the alternative if McGhee is going to play in the middle), but not sure if either have good enough end product  to be RWB and LWB.

Speaking of McGhee, he strikes me as a player who has done well being played out of position at fullback, more comfortable as a centre back but who ultimately could do the best job as the anchor of our midfield, with the occasional burst forward and the odd screamer.  I'm wondering if he can also do a backflip....

15 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Distracting ourselves with football for a bit - I've just watched back the highlights from Tuesday - Sean Welsh will need to do a helluva lot to win me back over after the ridiculous 'couldnt give a f*ck' way he trotted after McManus at the first goal - shite from someone 15 minutes into their debut.

I'm not convinced by Longridge and wouldn't be too upset if he didn't stay with us, but getting a bit worried that he is the upper level of player we can attract nowadays.

Nelson faded badly in the second half but showed some good touches and movement in the first half, but again as i think someone said earlier he looks like another forward who would play well off a main striker...who of course we don't have.

Tumilty and Robson are probably our best two options at RB and LB respectively (guessing at the latter of course, but better than the alternative if McGhee is going to play in the middle), but not sure if either have good enough end product  to be RWB and LWB.

Speaking of McGhee, he strikes me as a player who has done well being played out of position at fullback, more comfortable as a centre back but who ultimately could do the best job as the anchor of our midfield, with the occasional burst forward and the odd screamer.  I'm wondering if he can also do a backflip....

McGhee is class. Hope we can retain him beyond this season as he’s got some real quality about him. 

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Falkirk have apologised wholeheartedly and unreservedly to Dean Shiels.

Have Dunfermline apologised to Myles Hippolyte?

Why would they? It's not like Hippo was being mocked for something which has clearly impacted his quality of life, Hippo is only a black football player, he clearly doesn't have an ailment which has stopped him becoming a successful player .... 

I'm not trying to say one is worse than the other - however, the way I see things are both players were singled out for having a trait which is out with the "normal" - singling either out is never acceptable, it's basically just a form of bullying- and that is never acceptable - the thing that bothers me is how much more publicity the shields incident is getting (his twat of a father constantly jumping in only adds to this) when in my opinion it's just as bad as racial abuse or constant abuse which is sidhed out every week in football.  Yeah, these wee wankers were wrong for their actions, but does it really justify this level of negativity and abuse? as long as I've supported Falkirk, I've never known us to have a reputation as such a vile club, do we really deserve it now? 

Edited by some_guy

10 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Do you guys want to keep longridge? I’ll drive him back through if needed.

No thanks, the type of player who looks decent but has actually contributed the square route of f**k all bar one goal in about 5 games despite having good chances. We need someone clinical.

41 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Why would they? It's not like Hippo was being mocked for something which has clearly impacted his quality of life, Hippo is only a black football player, he clearly doesn't have an ailment which has stopped him becoming a successful player .... 

I'm not trying to say one is worse than the other - however, the way I see things are both players were singled out for having a trait which is out with the "normal" - singling either out is never acceptable, it's basically just a form of bullying- and that is never acceptable - the thing that bothers me is how much more publicity the shields incident is getting (his twat of a father constantly jumping in only adds to this) when in my opinion it's just as bad as racial abuse or constant abuse which is sidhed out every week in football.  Yeah, these wee wankers were wrong for their actions, but does it really let it this level of negativity and abuse? as long as I've supported Falkirk, I've never known us to have a reputation as such a vile club, do we really deserve it now? 

Yes , 100%.

1 hour ago, oot_the_loop said:

Tumilty is our best option at RB at the moment but I haven't been overly convinced with him, wouldn't mind seeing PH bring in someone on a proper deal and let him go back to county. The new boy Robson looked ok, and Nelson had some decent touches (not sure if he is a flatter to deceive type like longridge is, will give him more than 1 game to decide).

Welsh looked like he might be a decent player but his decision making left a lot to be desired against DUFC, maybe he was just trying to hard to impress and be the one to make a difference on his debut in a derby, but he lost possession a lot and played some poor balls.

I like McGhee, he works hard and I think he looks pretty solid, who would our back 3 (I'm pretty sure PH will stick with that formation) be if he moved into midfield though, would you trust watson/muirhead/grant? Would you move Taiwo out of the team? I don't think we would need 2 defensive midfielders.

2 hours ago, some_guy said:

I'm not trying to say one is worse than the other - however, the way I see things are both players were singled out for having a trait which is out with the "normal" - singling either out is never acceptable, it's basically just a form of bullying- and that is never acceptable - the thing that bothers me is how much more publicity the shields incident is getting (his twat of a father constantly jumping in only adds to this) when in my opinion it's just as bad as racial abuse or constant abuse which is sidhed out every week in football.  Yeah, these wee wankers were wrong for their actions, but does it really justify this level of negativity and abuse? as long as I've supported Falkirk, I've never known us to have a reputation as such a vile club, do we really deserve it now? 

The guy doing the monkey dance at Hippo was disgusting and he was quite rightly dealt with. This was because of Hippoltye cheating in the game at eep. In no way did that justify what happened in any way but it was clearly a factor. 

To compare it to Shiels would be like this.

Hippolyte does nothing other than play football. He is abused on the pitch racially by one, maybe two pars players. He acts out and is sent off, missing games as a result. The referee sees the pars players abuse Myles yet does nothing to them.

Dunfermline back their players and their director who happens to be a solicitor cross examines the wronged party trying to get them off with it while making Myles feel like the guilty party.

In the next match dozens of dunfermline fans sing about myles on live tv. 

In the next derby quite a number of dunfermline fans turn up in monkey suits and abuse him further. A dunfermline player goes in studs up on him and is booked.

The dunfermline board now shit themselves and come out with an apology yet their manager says the club could do no more.

I would be raging at how badly my club have handled it if it was reversed. It could and should have been stopped in the cup game when your two scumbag players should have been punted out the club.

The guy doing the monkey dance at Hippo was disgusting and he was quite rightly dealt with. This was because of Hippoltye cheating in the game at eep. In no way did that justify what happened in any way but it was clearly a factor. 
Hippolyte does nothing other than play football. He is abused on the pitch racially by one, maybe two pars players. He acts out and is sent off, missing games as a result. The referee sees the pars players abuse Myles yet does nothing to them.
Dunfermline back their players and their director who happens to be a solicitor cross examines the wronged party trying to get them off with it while making Myles feel like the guilty party.
In the next derby quite a number of dunfermline fans turn up in monkey suits and abuse him further. A dunfermline player goes in studs up on him and is booked.
The dunfermline board now shit themselves and come out with an apology yet their manager says the club could do no more.
I would be raging at how badly my club have handled it if it was reversed. It could and should have been stopped in the cup game when your two scumbag players should have been punted out the club.

Haha. “In no way did that justify what happened” but you’ll mention it anyway as a mitigating factor. Jesus Aitch Christ.

Nice story
Shared Halifax

There's no point comparing the incidents, they're both awful, trying to "out scumbag" one or the other is mental. Dunfermline have released many statements to bring attention to it and the bloke has been fined and will now be banned from EEP, it couldn't have been dealt with better.

I do believe though that the board of Falkirk could have dealt with this far, far better. The statement is a good one, but it's simply far too late, a similar one should have been issued after O'Hara was banned, at the very least it should have been released when the Falkirk fans started singing about Dean Shiels, to then not do anything when McKee was also convicted was dreadful, you could see a mile away that at the very least Falkirk fans were going to sign about Shiels, where was the statement then?

Heard from an extremely reliable source that the Falkirk board were offered to deal with the original issue behind closed doors but they were intent on "fighting it", sticking up for your employees is great, however the whole episode and the way they've dealt with it has quite rightfully shown them in the incompetent light that they deserve, can't have any sympathy for the club nor for the vast majority of fans, I'm sure there was only a couple who seemed uncomfortable with it before the game.