The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:
Falkirk deserve all the bad publicity due to the shit way they treated the first incident with the two players abusing Shiels. There has been a nasty line crossing minority of shameful arseholes in the falkirk support since I can remember. What goes around comes around and I hope sponsors pull out and leave you relegated.

We'd come right back up anyway, who cares. Getting relegated would be a bit embarrassing but it wouldn't cripple the club long term.

If your first sentence didn't come to pass I think your second one would.

You may find it funny. Personally I am rather pissed off by the lack of proportionate response here.

I agree that we have some idiots here who thought they were being funny when in reality they were being stupid. However the way this has escalated and the way our club is being tarnished here is quite ridiculous.

As for the probable Dunfermline supporter’s outrage on the ‘hotline’ whilst failing to consider the action of his teams own fans in recent games between the clubs irritating and naive.

Let’s get some perspective here,

Is what happened wrong? Yes

Should the supporters who threw them be punished? Yes

Is this one of the worst things to happen is Scottish football in recent years as it’s being portrayed? Not even close.

Is Dean Sheils likely to be hurt and seriously offended by the incident? Doubt he even cares.

When are we going to stop all the PC shite and focus on the things that are really damaging our society?

Sorry if you don’t all agree. Just fed up with all of the shite being written everywhere.

Clearly I don’t see mocking a disability as appropriate behaviour and it’s out of order.

However, the reaction in the media and everywhere else is completely disproportionate to the incidents and violence that goes on in our communities related to football in certain quarters most weeks and goes unreported.

If I genuinely though that what was said here is doing real harm to Mr Sheils then I would be happy to apologise.

I just don’t think that he cares that much and the incident, whilst clearly wrong, is being blown out of all proportion and making everyone around our club look like they are part of it, which is clearly not the case.

The “I bet Dean Shiels doesn’t care” doesn’t really sit right with me. I wouldn’t wait to hear what Nat Wedderburn and Myles Hippolyte had to say on recent events before deciding whether or not I was appalled to hear racist abuse shouted at them.

Also, you either think the Shiels incident is unacceptable or you think it’s a load of ‘PC Shite.’ You can’t pretend ‘condemn’ the abuse and then go on a serial rant about how the condemnation is uncalled for.

ETA: Obviously I’m not comparing racial abuse and the abuse that Shiels was given (let’s not go there), but the targeted person not being bothered about it doesn’t mean it’s not offensive.

The “I bet Dean Shiels doesn’t care” doesn’t really sit right with me. I wouldn’t wait to hear what Nat Wedderburn and Myles Hippolyte had to say on recent events before deciding whether or not I was appalled to hear racist abuse shouted at them.

Also, you either think the Shiels incident is unacceptable or you think it’s a load of ‘PC Shite.’ You can’t pretend ‘condemn’ the abuse and then go on a serial rant about how the condemnation is uncalled for.

You clearly need to read again.

I really hate how a few of you have jumped on the term ‘PC Shite’ and jumped to the conclusion that I somehow am condoning the incident.

Rather like our gutter press tend to do I would add. It’s called ‘sound bite journalism’ and continues to be allowed to fester as some form of freedom of the press when what they report is often inaccurate or even downright lies.

For those who don’t get it my point relates to a ‘proportionate response’ to an issue.

The issue is clearly out of order but let’s not condemn it at the levels that it is being portrayed just because it’s deemed politically correct to do so. Particularly when far worse things continue to fester around our sport.

38 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

I'm glad you think that, However I'm a realist as at the moment we would probably struggle to beat Raith or Ayr United, Add to that lower wages, lower crowds, less revenue, No it wouldn't cripple us, But it would certainly put us back a few years and certainly wouldn't say we would just come straight back up. 

Any full-time team relegated to League 1 will come straight back up at the first time of asking. I think Dunfermline are the only recent example  not to. That said, they were unlucky to share the league with a free spending Rangers. Once they were out of the way Dunfermline strolled it the next season. 

2 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Any full-time team relegated to League 1 will come straight back up at the first time of asking. I think Dunfermline are the only recent example  not to. That said, they were unlucky to share the league with a free spending Rangers. Once they were out of the way Dunfermline strolled it the next season

Absolutely not, they finished 7th the following season 

Spoiler

:lol:

There seems to be a lot of people being offended on Dean Shiels behalf. I don't know him but I'd be surprised if he cared. I am in no way excusing it the best outcome is the fans are identified and banned and embarrassed and prosecuted. I'd imagine he was more offended by Kevin O ' Hara's actions as it was a fellow professional abusing him during a game. O' Hara has been given appropriate disciplinary punishment. Social media doesn't tend to be the place where reasoned comments are given the time of day

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Falkirk deserve all the bad publicity due to the shit way they treated the first incident with the two players abusing Shiels. There has been a nasty line crossing minority of shameful arseholes in the falkirk support since I can remember. What goes around comes around and I hope sponsors pull out and leave you relegated.

30yr ago Mark Walters got racial abuse, it seems that Dunfermline are still 30yr behind the rest of Scotland.....

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Hide contents

I thought that was their first season down. I stand corrected.

Dunfermline must be the only full-time side that have not bounced back at the first time of asking following relegation in recent seasons. 

Regardless of anyone's views on the Shiels / throwing situation, I'm sure we can all agree that this kind of publicity when we're trying to attract new players is exactly what we need.

I have no idea what sort of character Dean Shiels is but I suspect that he has been on the receiving end of taunts ever since he first pulled on a pair of boots and fair play to him for overcoming the challenges and making a career in football, albeit as a modestly paid journeyman.
I would also say he has acted with more dignity and restraint than his bitter wee wierdo of a faither has.

40 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

DB2F2464-3D6A-4EB3-BAEE-66F1FCE03232.jpeg

Sure there are a plenty more hearsay moments 're dunfermline like above in recent months without going back to Richard Cadette.

I prefer to deal with the police records, I also seen the video of the said person whom was charged. 

59 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Reveal hidden contents

The most embarrassing and humiliating season in our recent history, and Ayr still finished 14 points behind us. 

Spoiler