The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

From outside, Falkirk seemed to have brought through a good number of decent young players through the past 10 years give or take. Certainly more than us and other similar sized clubs.

Why is that? Better coaching? If so, who has been responsible for that and what are they doing that is so special?

I personally believe that coaching in Scotland is utter rank and that's partially why we have such a shit national team, and that we as a country need to focus more on teaching the right things more.

Or is it that your youth players ard instilled with a workman like attitude and try harder?

We sold Scott Arfield to Huddersfield after the 2009 SC final. Since then I think we've sold the following (in no particular order):

Arfield, Stewart, Flynn, Murdoch, Wallace, Higginbotham, Taylor, Fulton, McGrandles, Kingsley, Blair, Biabi & Vaulks. Don't think I've missed anyone out? Most of these came through the academy. 

I seem to remember that Arfield's fee rivaled Yogi's to Celtic which was £375000 but would have been significantly more with the add-on's that were paid. I believe that the smallest fee on the above list was Murdoch's which I think was a £40000 development fee however the others would have been significantly more and I reckon we're looking at circa £3m (conservatively) without add-on's which would have amounted to a hefty figure too. 

So, without those fees we would probably have been out of business as we're currently running at a loss hence the cost cutting exercise of scrapping the academy which, rather ironically, is exactly what's been keeping us going over the past number of years!

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We sold Scott Arfield to Huddersfield after the 2009 SC final. Since then I think we've sold the following (in no particular order):

Arfield, Stewart, Flynn, Murdoch, Wallace, Higginbotham, Taylor, Fulton, McGrandles, Kingsley, Blair, Biabi & Vaulks. Don't think I've missed anyone out? Most of these came through the academy. 

I seem to remember that Arfield's fee rivaled Yogi's to Celtic which was £375000 but would have been significantly more with the add-on's that were paid. I believe that the smallest fee on the above list was Murdoch's which I think was a £40000 development fee however the others would have been significantly more and I reckon we're looking at circa £3m (conservatively) without add-on's which would have amounted to a hefty figure too. 

So, without those fees we would probably have been out of business as we're currently running at a loss hence the cost cutting exercise of scrapping the academy which, rather ironically, is exactly what's been keeping us going over the past number of years!

I don't get it.

Falkirk get big gates for this division.

Falkirk have received several large development fees.

Falkirk have had cup runs.

How come they run at a loss?

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:
5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
I don't get it.

Because we have some thick c***s on our board of directors.

Specifically though, where have mistakes been made?

Specifically though, where have mistakes been made?

Think the fact we don't own our stadium costs us big time.

I was maybe a bit flippant with my reply but I was at school with one of our current board and he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

Not bragging or crowd wanking here but when you look at the crowds we get, the players we have sold and the cup runs we have been on there is no explanation other than bad management if we are in financial trouble.

I would never claim to be ITK as I'm quite simply not. Although it's quite clear we are unable to maximise the income from the stadium due to a bad deal with a horrible anti FFC Labour run council. This has been the case for years.

Also the South Stand costs us a fortune in repaying/renting from Sandy Alexander.

Likewise I'm not in the know with regards to the stadium costs but the amount of money we spent on one stand when others have spent less on their entire stadium seemed madness to me.

We could have had something similar to St Mirren or Livingston for what we spent on the main stand. Then we wouldn't have needed Sandy Alexander to fund the South Stand.

53 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't get it.

Well, I think the replies that you've already had probably sum it up. I've no idea at all of the specifics but it does appear that the stadium costs are the biggest drain. Hamilton for example apparently make a significant amount (or the Nigerian prince does) from their stadium each year while it appears that ours costs us a significant amount instead.

I would never claim to be ITK as I'm quite simply not. Although it's quite clear we are unable to maximise the income from the stadium due to a bad deal with a horrible anti FFC Labour run council. This has been the case for years.
Also the South Stand costs us a fortune in repaying/renting from Sandy Alexander.

I had hoped the new SNP administration would have been more sympathetic but no sign of that yet. Suppose that they have had other priorities to be fair given the mess left by the Goldie's and their camp followers.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I had hoped the new SNP administration would have been more sympathetic but no sign of that yet. Suppose that they have had other priorities to be fair given the mess left by the Goldie's and their camp followers.

By 'camp' do you mean that they all flounce about with their hand on their hip?

Guest Back Post Misses
We had 400k in the bank at the agm so unless we've done an accies I can't see us going down the tubes for a while yet.

We have had no income since. two months salaries and another month of overhead since. Doesnt leave much

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

We’ve scored 3 goals since 8th October with only 1 of them being from open play.

January can’t come soon enough.

No goals in the last 5 games I think.

Hartley has had 9 games in charge. We've scored 3 goals in that time.

Abysmal does not even begin to describe it. Beyond dire.