The Falkirk FC Thread

Superb "if your granny had baws" argument from Shadwell. You've got to admire the effort.
As for McIntyre, we had steady improvement year on year. We were in some mess when Kenny left and he steadied the ship and got us into the top flight. Falkirk and Rovers fans can cry about money all they want but at least he achieved something. You have the second biggest budget in the league this season and only just won your first match.

Maybe not the thread for it but...

If we had walked away from our debt the same way dunfermline did we would have more money to play with every season. Instead we have been trying to pay it back ever since we were minutes from shutting up shop. It's one of the many reasons we are where we are.

There seems to be a "swagger" that the fans of clubs who have went through admin shafting small business etc take on. It's quite pathetic.

I'd far rather be in our position than dunfermlines, knowing that we will keep trying to pay everything we borrow back. We are just a classier club though in fairness. There's a reason it's black and white stripes for dunfermline obviously...

On topic. Hartley will sort you out. I would expect a few casualties in January but he should bring in a good standard of player to replace them.

paul-hartley-fashion-september-2005-hearts-and-scotland-footballer-b4thy9.jpg

$$$$

No one left apart from Kerr & Wighton who would have been considered youths.
I think he probably had a steady increase in budget along the way. When he lost guys like McAlister, Davo and McBride who didn't fit his style and he was looking for a way to get rid of, we actually found out that those guys were decent enough squad players and weren't improved upon or even replaced.
There was an underlying issue in the squad with the midfield not being strong enough (pretty much no defensive midfielder apart from Kevin Thomson was ever signed by him) and it really just come out to hurt us when we lost the firing power up front (Harkins also being a big part in addition to the two you mentioned). One or two imposing midfielders and he might have survived. Guys like Vincent, Low, Ross etc maybe aren't bad footballers in isolation but we were just so filled with guys who weren't built to play in a deeper role. McGowan was the only sort of guy who we would have seen as a natural fit to play as a ball winner last year and even he is actually a wee attacker who has been moved back.

Good news if confirmed.
Just unfortunate that he always looks like a tramp no matter what he wears.

45 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We finished 3rd, 3rd and 1st in his three full seasons at this level. We went 51 pts, 58pts and then 70 in the title-winning season. Not sure what you count as progress if that doesn't make the cut? 

As for your second point, Falkirk's massive dip in marketing spend and their sheer desperation to agree sponsorship deals with anyone who comes through the front door will tell you exactly how well you're doing financially. The panic sacking of Houston isn't a good look either, especially when they could have waited until the end of the season and got rid of him for free.

Could be a grim summer next year if you guys don't turn things around quickly. Wish you all the best; was awful when we went through similar.

I'd expect any decent manager to guide the squad we've got to a top four finish by the end of the season tbh. Houston was sacked because he lost the dressing room and no amount of 'time' was going to rectify that situation. Happy with the appointment of Hartley, I reckon we'll do well under him and if Kerr becomes a casualty of Hartley's DM policy so much the better 

Unlucky, Bairns. Get ready for dressing room turmoil, stubborn tactics, signing 100 midfielders who play every position but their correct one and Rory Loy getting played at Left midfield. If his Plan A doesn’t work, then there is no Plan B. He insists on doing all his own scouting, so he will get rid of anyone currently employed to do that. He will also burn himself out taking in all these extra games plus your youth matches. I hope you have a few gems in the squad who can save you from relegation. I can confirm now that Danny Williams will be signing for you at the earliest opportunity. Nick Ross will too if he’s not dead. The most important thing is to remember he cannot change a game with his tactics. If you want honest advice, i would give the rest of the season a miss if I was any of you. f**k paying to watch that pish.

11 minutes ago, K.T said:

Unlucky, Bairns. Get ready for dressing room turmoil, stubborn tactics, signing 100 midfielders who play every position but their correct one and Rory Loy getting played at Left midfield. If his Plan A doesn’t work, then there is no Plan B. He insists on doing all his own scouting, so he will get rid of anyone currently employed to do that. He will also burn himself out taking in all these extra games plus your youth matches. I hope you have a few gems in the squad who can save you from relegation. I can confirm now that Danny Williams will be signing for you at the earliest opportunity. Nick Ross will too if he’s not dead. The most important thing is to remember he cannot change a game with his tactics. If you want honest advice, i would give the rest of the season a miss if I was any of you. f**k paying to watch that pish.

Oooft, as the kids say. 

However first time of asking he got us promoted and then the next season a top six finish.

The rest is spot on after the second season

He has set us back years. How many players did he sign as Dundee manager? 60-ish? And how many had to have their contracts terminated early? That’s a genuine question I would like to know the answer to. He wasted an obscene amount of money and almost got us relegated. He admitted himself that he didn’t know how to fix it. Maybe he will do something half decent in the championship. But he will need to have a good squad with a good mentality to begin with. I wouldn’t be happy if I was a Falkirk fan.

He has set us back years. How many players did he sign as Dundee manager? 60-ish? And how many had to have their contracts terminated early? That’s a genuine question I would like to know the answer to. He wasted an obscene amount of money and almost got us relegated. He admitted himself that he didn’t know how to fix it. Maybe he will do something half decent in the championship. But he will need to have a good squad with a good mentality to begin with. I wouldn’t be happy if I was a Falkirk fan.

just as well u aint a falkirk fan then, im more than happy with this COYB

^ ^ ^
Used to hail him 'Pep'.