The Falkirk FC Thread

Although I agree it seems when your behind Shepherd in the pecking order your card is marked.

Is it just me or is Shepherd a big pile of pish?

I've got to agree, he certainly hadn't impressed since the QOS play off, he is far too lightweight

I've got to agree, he certainly hadn't impressed since the QOS play off, he is far too lightweight

His greatest strength was lightning pace. He has taken a stretch and an injury start of last season has seen his pace be of an average nature. I can't remember who was quoted as the fastest Falkirk player was at pre season but a Shepherd of two season ago would've easily been no1

He's never going to make it unfortunately. If anything he's gone backwards from a couple of years ago.

Groundhog day/season to that of his Ross County days it seems. He has more natural ability than Smith and Shepherd but it's hard to say this season as he has hardly featured, but when Shepherd comes on before you, I can only think how he is in training is an issue

I was meaning Shepherd. Cooper I don't mind as a sub/squad player. If we're losing I'd rather see us bring on someone who has the ability to alter a game which Cooper has even if he's not showing it as often as we'd like.

I share the thots with Shepherd now that the pace has gone, he is a grafter and has bottle, thats ok in the midfield but up top you have to have something about you. The coaching staff had a right holler at him on Friday night with his positioning.

A real pity cause with his pace a couple of seasons ago, he changed games for us

Hopefully we'll see a couple of the young boys farmed out on loan. Likes of T. Grant or O'Hara, as they don't seem near the first team but have great potential.

If Miller can teach other strikers how to win half as many fouls as he can then I'm sure we're on to a winner there.

Daily Record states that Falkirk don't expect anyone coming or going today. I'd still like to see a couple of players coming in sooner rather than later though. We've got the basis for a good side and could have a right good season with a couple of decent additions.

Edited by Shadwell Dog