The Falkirk FC Thread

I have seen plenty teams paying 4-4-2 being garbage to watch, lumping the long ball. Holts team to start with.

I understand you don't have much time for Holt and repeatedly blame our shortcomings on him but to say his teams were garbage to watch, is laughable

Holt had a mentality in place that it wouldn't have mattered what system we played, the aim was to score more than the opponent

Systems are not rubbish to watch it is players who make football matches not systems.

I have seen plenty teams paying 4-4-2 being garbage to watch, lumping the long ball. Holts team to start with

Houstie - 2014/15 - 0 goal difference - 48 goals scored
Holt - 2013/14 +26 goal difference - 59 goals
Elvis - 2012/13 +4 goal difference - 52 goals
Elvis - 2011/12 +5 goal difference - 53 goals
Elvis - 2010/11 +16 goal difference - 57 goals
Looks garbage the Holt season....kinda hoping for one like it this season.....
I couldnt care if the Falkirk manager is a dick to me, you or anyone else....if he provides a league season like Holts, ive got my moneys worth.
Show me a nice, Im your pal manager thats successful......?
Our two most successful managers in my time were dicks.....

Remember Houston's total included the 6 goals in one game.

To say we don't need a creative player or striker is condemning us to more of what we saw last year.

TBF Houstie has had Hibs,Rangers and Hearts in the league..

Remember Houston's total included the 6 goals in one game.

To say we don't need a creative player or striker is condemning us to more of what we saw last year.

Who the fcuk said that? Tell me and I'll kick his cnut in!! :angry:

We need a good player to lead the attack with an eye for goal. Bairdy and Smith would provide the ammo. But what we don't need is a player that will upset our current rhythm. The team is playing well for each other with goal coming from all areas ( apart from the forwards! ) and the last thing we need is to try to change the formation too much. At the back we look solid with Grant and Watson. Leahy and Vaulks are doing well at full backs and we have Muirhead coming back. Our holding midfield positions are covered with Kerr Taiwo and Vaulks interchangeable. I would like to see Sibbs given at free role in the hole behind and strikers with Smith doing the wide role. Up front we have Baird and would be laughing if we could get a partner for him who could score. The bench is still full of potential.

A good season is possibleq

Why are so many of our fans bothered about 'completing' the stadium with a fourth stand.

Unless we're packed to the rafters every week and there is clearly a need for more seats then it shouldn't be a priority. Some 4 sided stadiums look daft with no one in them

What would be good is a standing area that fills the whole gap between the two stands behind the goals. A stand that encompasses where the corner pods should be... That would create a brilliant atmosphere... Trouble is I think everyone would want to be there and the other 2 stands for home fans would be empty

Houstie - 2014/15 - 0 goal difference - 48 goals scored

Holt - 2013/14 +26 goal difference - 59 goals

Elvis - 2012/13 +4 goal difference - 52 goals

Elvis - 2011/12 +5 goal difference - 53 goals

Elvis - 2010/11 +16 goal difference - 57 goals

It's no surprise that Holts season was the best since relegation. We were so unlucky that season not to win the league. Roberts being sent off at Alloa helped put the tin lid on that.

Anyway I enjoyed watching Gary Holt's Falkirk!

Edited by bejazz1

Even thought Holts team was entertaining and just narrowly lost out in play offs, I still think Pressleys 11/12 was the best we had in recent in times.

That will stick in some people's throats but some of the results that season, were nothing short of outstanding

I understand you don't have much time for Holt and repeatedly blame our shortcomings on him but to say his teams were garbage to watch, is laughable

Holt had a mentality in place that it wouldn't have mattered what system we played, the aim was to score more than the opponent

I am no fan of our Board but He was offered money to boost his team in the January and decided to sign a LB when we had the best one in the league and a 6'6" striker who took two months before he got it. He was to blame for us failing to go up and should have been sacked for it. We went top of the league when we beat Dundee at home. Then hardly won a game for a month when we should have been drilling home the momentum.

Lots of people forget how garbage we were until Alex Smith and Stevie Crawford went and got Mark Miller in November. We had a good spell then just as we did last season. Who will forget the most embarrassing Falkirk performance in a long time against Aberdeen?

It is about personal opinion. He was route one and got even more so when he signed Beck. We are still in the Championship because of his incompetence.

Even thought Holts team was entertaining and just narrowly lost out in play offs, I still think Pressleys 11/12 was the best we had in recent in times.

That will stick in some people's throats but some of the results that season, were nothing short of outstanding

We finished closer to the bottom of the league than the top and won 4 of our last 18 in the league.

Farid and Higgy were joy to watch at times and the win over Rangers plus the game at Tannadice were excellent, I'll give you that.

We had a great 5 month spell that season but faltered badly after Christmas

Edited by bejazz1