The Falkirk FC Thread

You get the team playing correctly it works a treat and gets you results.

You are right but it's really shit to watch. Football is about excitement, Although I liked Pressley as a person, the football on display sometimes was awful and would not doubt scare more punters away.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think supporters like to see good flowing fast paced football, not a team sitting in, counter attacking and nicking in and scoring a goal...

Edited by bejazz1

You are right but it's really shit to watch. Football is about excitement, Although I liked Pressley as a person, the football on display sometimes was awful and would not doubt scare more punters away.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think supporters like to see good flowing fast paced football, not a team sitting in, counter attacking and nicking in and scoring a goal...

Unbelievable Jeff!!!

Im sure punters want to see their team win first and foremost. I could probably guarantee not one Chelsea fan complained about the manner in which they won the champions league, scraping by teams and sitting in then getting the goal needed to win the games on route to final.

You need to start being realistic. There are top teams in Europe who do not play this fast paced flowing football that every football fan wants to see. Would it be nice to see at TFS, of course it would, will it happen anytime soon, maybe the odd occasion to an extent (taken in context to whom we are playing, spells in the game where this may happen etc) but do I want to see my team be successful i.e. winning as many games as we possibly can as a priority regardless of the amount of tic-a-tac-a on show, too fucking right I do!!

Moan because we don't win, then moan because we win but just not in the style of Barcelona, give it a break bejayz!!

Systems are not rubbish to watch it is players who make football matches not systems.

I have seen plenty teams paying 4-4-2 being garbage to watch, lumping the long ball. Holts team to start with.

I recall a lot of games under Pressley when we played thst system. Farid lead the line well with Duffie bombing forward, Higgy providing ammo etc.

It's the players fitting the system that makes it work.

I recall a lot of games under Pressley when we played thst system. Farid lead the line well with Duffie bombing forward, Higgy providing ammo etc.

It's the players fitting the system that makes it work.

Why are so many of our fans bothered about 'completing' the stadium with a fourth stand.

Unless we're packed to the rafters every week and there is clearly a need for more seats then it shouldn't be a priority. Some 4 sided stadiums look daft with no one in them

So we got a good result!

Woo fabby doo! We had good results last season, and finished 5th, played dull football and had a record number of 1-0 victories at home.

We are more or less relying on St Mirren and Qots to be weaker than us, rather than improving. No amount of system changes can change the fact this is more or less the same team, with minor upgrades at best.

Why are so many of our fans bothered about 'completing' the stadium with a fourth stand.

Unless we're packed to the rafters every week and there is clearly a need for more seats then it shouldn't be a priority. Some 4 sided stadiums look daft with no one in them

You are right that a 4th stand just gives us more empty seats to look at on a Saturday.

It also gives us more Old Firm fans in our ground when they come to town.

Where the problem lies though is the place is far too open.

A 4th stand and 4 corner pods and I feel we can transform Falkirk fans perception of Westfield.

I'm sick of it being a cold, windy, Soulless place to watch football.

To be honest if we could just put 2 pods either side of the West stand, I feel we would change the place dramatically.

Hopefully the talk of the library going down there will involve the start of these as they seem to be on the back burner as far as priority goes.

They should be a priority in my opinion as it will make the place more atmospheric for a start by keeping out the wind and keeping in any noise

So we got a good result!

Woo fabby doo! We had good results last season, and finished 5th, played dull football and had a record number of 1-0 victories at home.

We are more or less relying on St Mirren and Qots to be weaker than us, rather than improving. No amount of system changes can change the fact this is more or less the same team, with minor upgrades at best.

Got to be trolling.

The last sentence is the giveaway.

So we got a good result!

If we win all this season's remaning home fixtures 1-0 then I would be overjoyed

Edited by thelocalcat

Got to be trolling.

The last sentence is the giveaway.

Really? Who has improved us to any great degree?

Is Rodgers much better than MacDonald

Watson much better than McCracken

McHugh better than Loy

Miller better than Biabi

I think that's a debate, but it isn't a massive upgrade and no reason to expect a better season than last.

There can't possibly still be people who believe there will ever be a 4th stand, can there? :unsure2:

There will be.

Really? Who has improved us to any great degree?

Is Rodgers much better than MacDonald

Watson much better than McCracken

McHugh better than Loy

Miller better than Biabi

I think that's a debate, but it isn't a massive upgrade and no reason to expect a better season than last.

Yes.

A bit of food for thought - we struggled to get points of both hearts and rangers last season but done pretty well against Hibs.

Hearts are gone now, and Rangers look like they will be very strong...so if assume for a moment that we get the same results against everyone else we'll be 9 points better of this term.

That's all just hypothetical though of course. The real crux is getting points off of Dumbarton, Alloa etc where we have cocked up frequently in the past.

Yes.

Even if that is the case, I think its debatable at the moment. The main problem last season was lack of goals.

McHugh appears to be a downgrade on Loy. Whilst everyone hopes Miller can recapture his form, its a bit of a long shot, the six month contract shows this.

The only way we improve our league position is other teams getting worse.