The Falkirk FC Thread

If we had played our strongest 11, I'd be concerned. There will 4 or 5 changes on Saturday, its a joke cup till the semis, then u take it serious.

I'm not overly chuffed but positives are Lee Miller faired well, Smiths goal a beauty, created a fair amount of chances and my verdict on Bowman is complete.

I'll be more irritated if we get beat on Saturday

It was a weakened team there is no doubt, although saying that it's not as if we had 4 our 5 kids out there.

Diddy cup comments to me are not valid, who the hell do we think we are? We are simply not good enough to play a weakened team against lesser opposition?

Fair play to Peterhead, well played and well done, here's us looking for a striker and here you have a part time player who rattles in 5 goals right under our noses... Ironic really!

We should be playing every game toi win and let's not kid ourselves here...this is the only thing we are likely to win. You will remember 2 fairly recent fantastic days in the sun at McDairmid and more recently at Almondvale so I'm sure our supporters will not belittle the competition.

I think the whole night was an embarrassment for all connected at FFC and maybe I would not have been concerned if this was a one off result, I've seen every competitive game this season and we are awful to watch, lack urgency and clueless when it comes to tactical know how we are lost. We are relying more on set pieces, as we don't have the creativity to break down defences.

In my opinion what we are seeing is totally unacceptable, How long will this be allowed to continue?

Probably will, but I'm struggling to care.

Really should be incandescent about this, but more mildly amused. A freak performance by the Heid, car crash stuff from us all round.

That must go down as our worst home result since losing to Albion Rovers in 1996?

No the 6-1 reeming by Clyde was worse. What about 3-1 to Arbroath.

Horrible result, wasn't there but I was told we were rank.

Slightly embarrassed but part of me isn't really bothered. We played a weakened side (still should've humped them) and to be honest it's the petrofac cup.

I'm sure hearts got thumped in this competition last year as well. Not saying we're going to win the league but it proves it's not the end of the world.

Let's just get a decent result in Saturday and get a decent league run going.

Slightly embarrassed but part of me isn't really bothered. We played a weakened side (still should've humped them) and to be honest it's the petrofac cup.

I'm sure hearts got thumped in this competition last year as well. Not saying we're going to win the league but it proves it's not the end of the world.

Kind of where I am however their manager had a lot more good will in the bank compared to Houston. They had a fired up support where ours generally has been pounded into submission to an extent.

If it was the league cup or Scottish cup, fair enough....but 5 changes from Saturday and it wasn't the first time we have been knocked out by lower division teams in this cup nor will it be the last.

Move on to Saturday for serious business away from a cup that no one pays much attention till its the semis

Getting knocked out could be a blessing in disguise.

We'd have ended up with Sevco at home AGAIN.

Although that would bring in revenue I prefer the stadium when it's not infested with orcs!!

And let's be honest compared to some clubs were bloody loaded.

Onto Saturday COYB

6-0 defeat v Ayr in Mar 2001 was my worst night as a Falkirk fan.

Was it no 7

****stand corrected.... I wasn't there....but it was when around 7 or so players were told their contracts weren't being renewed

Edited by MrDust

Kind of where I am however their manager had a lot more good will in the bank compared to Houston. They had a fired up support where ours generally has been pounded into submission to an extent.

Totally agree - we're heading in a direction that doesn't feel great. Some folk just seem to have given up hope now. Well depressing!

Are we only talking about smaller teams? I recall being horsed 8-1 by Celtic reserves a few years back...that wasn't pleasant at all.

Don't think they had a single first team player in the squad, a league cup game IIRC.

Edited by BountyBairn

For once Bejizz's tiresome moaning is justified.

It's the diddiest of diddy cups but at home to Peterhead, with all due respect to them, should never end up 3-5.

Strange choice to play Bowman here instead of against East Fife and East Stirlingshire. Has he ever been loaned out anywhere?

I was beginning to like McHugh too, might change my avatar if Saturday isn't an improvement :bairn

Give it a rest. I said a few days ago that something would crop up that gives his relentless bullshit some credibility. He's not suddenly correct. A bit harsh on McHugh too?

It was a weakened team there is no doubt, although saying that it's not as if we had 4 our 5 kids out there.

Diddy cup comments to me are not valid, who the hell do we think we are? We are simply not good enough to play a weakened team against lesser opposition?

Fair play to Peterhead, well played and well done, here's us looking for a striker and here you have a part time player who rattles in 5 goals right under our noses... Ironic really!

We should be playing every game toi win and let's not kid ourselves here...this is the only thing we are likely to win. You will remember 2 fairly recent fantastic days in the sun at McDairmid and more recently at Almondvale so I'm sure our supporters will not belittle the competition.

I think the whole night was an embarrassment for all connected at FFC and maybe I would not have been concerned if this was a one off result, I've seen every competitive game this season and we are awful to watch, lack urgency and clueless when it comes to tactical know how we are lost. We are relying more on set pieces, as we don't have the creativity to break down defences.

In my opinion what we are seeing is totally unacceptable, How long will this be allowed to continue?

You talk some amount of bullshit. What 2 fairly recent fantastic days in the sun at McDairmid are you talking about? The last final we played there was played in November, 10 years ago. Do you mean the drab day in Motherwell in 1997 or the monsoon in Motherwell back in 1993?

And we haven't lost this season until last night. So it certainly has been a one off result.

I reckon some of you guys are getting your online experience confused with what goes on at the games. I didn't hear any dissenting voices on Saturday. Was the 18 game run last season when we lost only 1 game the final straw? The cup final?

If the boo boys couldn't muster a protest against Pressley they'll do nothing now either.

Do you mean the drab day in Motherwell in 1997?

Ah, I remember that one very fondly. You lot had been in the big final a few months before, so I don't suppose it was any big deal, but you still brought decent numbers.

For us it was a huge occasion and we took about 5,000 which seemed almost impossible at the time.

Give it a rest. I said a few days ago that something would crop up that gives his relentless bullshit some credibility. He's not suddenly correct. A bit harsh on McHugh too?

You talk some amount of bullshit. What 2 fairly recent fantastic days in the sun at McDairmid are you talking about? The last final we played there was played in November, 10 years ago. Do you mean the drab day in Motherwell in 1997 or the monsoon in Motherwell back in 1993?

And we haven't lost this season until last night. So it certainly has been a one off result.

Read the post before you comment!

McDairmid 2005?and Almondvale 2012? when we won both games, of course maybe you weren't there...