The Falkirk FC Thread

What a chance to keep a bit of momentum going from Saturday and progress into next round. Some of the goals we conceded were comical. No defence for anyone involved

A slow start last season killed us...

Hold on a second. We started poorly against Cowdenbeath then played Sevco. We have a few winnable games in the league. I'm not overly worried about tonight. It may even turn out to a good thing to happen to us.

I'd be concerned if he had chucked it against any of our Championship rivals.

Probably will, but I'm struggling to care.

Really should be incandescent about this, but more mildly amused. A freak performance by the Heid, car crash stuff from us all round.

That must go down as our worst home result since losing to Albion Rovers in 1996?

Really should be incandescent about this, but more mildly amused. A freak performance by the Heid, car crash stuff from us all round.

That must go down as our worst home result since losing to Albion Rovers in 1996?

The St Johnstone game when we were in the Spl and they were in the first division was one of the worst games I've ever watched.

That or Gretna away.

FALKIRK 3 PETERS' HEAD 5

Right let's keep this positive.

The lads never played so badly, it was just these guys from up north were really rough, tough and got stuck right in.

I was really impressed by our teams second half showing, when we stopped trying to play through the creative midfield and tippy tappy football and resorted to that famous Houston/DU tactic, the hoof!

After all, it was a diddy cup competition and tbf, it was Watson's, McCracken's and Bowman's first start so these lads would need time to gel. It was also pleasing to get LM his first 90 mins and he was desperately unlucky to see his 4 yards out shot scrape the top of the... stand behind the goal, almost a dream start!

Peter will no doubt reflect and keep it real and give praise on FTV to Peters' head for their lucky win and Rory McAlister's 5 fortunate strikes. (five)

It was also nice to hear the 50 or so fans who made the long trip down the road chanting old favorites like we want six, easy easy and that old haunting melody... Championship? Yer having a laugh...

But let's not fret, there were some real positives tonight... We won't have to watch any more Petrofac Training cup ties, after all, we don't appear to need the £60k or so winning prize money as we seem to be well off these days given the amount of money the club have raked in over the past few seasons and decided just to...just keep it...

Roll on Livingston on Saturday, league games are far more important.

Edited by bejazz1

What does BeJizz add to this forum? It's not insight, it's not humour. They've wasted good time and effort on that post, even putting it into paragraphs. Get him banned now #BanTheBeJizz

What's wrong trumpet pants?

Spat your dummy out of the pram?

You criticised me last time for being negative so tried to put a different slant on it and you're still not happy.

Geez, Sometimes you just can't please people

Dear oh dear

If we had played our strongest 11, I'd be concerned. There will 4 or 5 changes on Saturday, its a joke cup till the semis, then u take it serious.

I'm not overly chuffed but positives are Lee Miller faired well, Smiths goal a beauty, created a fair amount of chances and my verdict on Bowman is complete.

I'll be more irritated if we get beat on Saturday

For once Bejizz's tiresome moaning is justified.

It's the diddiest of diddy cups but at home to Peterhead, with all due respect to them, should never end up 3-5.

Strange choice to play Bowman here instead of against East Fife and East Stirlingshire. Has he ever been loaned out anywhere?

I was beginning to like McHugh too, might change my avatar if Saturday isn't an improvement :bairn