The Falkirk FC Thread

Reading between the lines in your post, realistically, are you suggesting that we are hoping QOS are not as good as last year or Raith, Dumbarton or Livvy will be worse than us?

If this is your view, how uninspiring is this? 3000 ST holders will not be impressed. Don't you think we should be spending to make sure we reach the play offs instead of hoping teams are not as good as us and we scrape there by default.

This strategy is piss poor

Your reading between the lines is piss poor. All you've done is make an assumption, attribute it to me and run with it. I'm confident that we are better than the 4 you name. That's not to say it will be a waltz. I'm sure over the course of the season there will be enough performances to keep you relevant.

I was in a party of 14 at the cup final. Not one OF fan among us. 4 were regulars but that number will be 6 for next season. 50% increase, not bad.

#BanBejizz

Ha ha LOL Hilarious

Just because people don't share yours or some of your fellow posters views?

Away and gie yersel peace, I care immensely for this club I've supported with a passion for a number of years.

I'm sorry if my posts offend some on here but I consider myself as an ordinary supporter and I am unhappy with the way my club is being run now and for the last few years.

What have we to do, put up and shut up?

Sometimes just sometimes people can influence change particularly if there is rough with similar views

Bejazz is probably the best Falkirk poster on here, beats the happy clappers and Gav.

I think we are passed the happy clapper brigade, they left when Elvis left the building.

The serial assumption moaners seem to have borrowed his man bag and are dancing round it taking turns to moan about anything from no enough pencils in the club shop to players we are signing that we are not signing.

2 wins and an away draw so far..its been a horrible start....

Ha ha LOL Hilarious

Just because people don't share yours or some of your fellow posters views?

Away and gie yersel peace, I care immensely for this club I've supported with a passion for a number of years.

I'm sorry if my posts offend some on here but I consider myself as an ordinary supporter and I am unhappy with the way my club is being run now and for the last few years.

What have we to do, put up and shut up?

Sometimes just sometimes people can influence change particularly if there is rough with similar views

Whilst I can sympathise with your views and totally agree that some significant investment in the squad is required to get us up I can also empathise with the BOD's prediciment in carefully having to consider when this investment is most likely to pay off.

We are not realistically going to win the league this year as Sevco will romp it. I think with the quality of player that they're attracting, Hibs are likely to get up via the playoffs as well so it makes more sense from a business point of view to delay any significant expenditure until next season when we'll most likely be up against one of Killie, Thistle or Hamilton (Killie would be my pick). If we pay over the odds now they would have to be 2 year deals minimum to ensure that the players recruited are still with us next season and I don't think the board would sanction that or if it would even be within our means.

The assumption last year would have been that Sevco and Hearts would both have been promoted and that may have meant that we would have given it more of a go this term and, yes there's a decent chance that Hibs may still be with us next season as they're good at ballsing it up but it looks like the board are going to take that chance.

Yes, I would love us to be able to bring in much better players so that we would have something decent to watch but I don't think we're going to see that this season unfortunately.

But you have to throw the fans a bone! Fans need to be excited and given at least some hope.

How many supporters might not see next season, you always have a duty to get the best possible team on the park at all times.....none of this Jam tomorrow, pish!

If Houston signed some foreign guys or guys from down south, we'd at least have a bit of hope, instead we know exactly what we've got before we kick a ball and its not pretty.

Unbelievable F**king Unbelievable, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse!

We need pace up front not has beens. This is another half hearted attempt at a signing if true. Well the other 9 teams will be shiting themselves!

This really is taking the piss FFS. If this is the best we can do, it's gonna be a long hard season!

Miller has just turned 32, is that what constitutes a has been these days?

Twas in principle what I was thinking reading posts prior to your one. I'd add that I won't be surprised if Inverness who won it, will see a major increase in crowds and may in fact dip lower than of last season's.

The only thing that will get more bodies in on match day, is if we are riding high on league form beating opposition for fun or have a maverick player who people will pay to see. These two things are hard to achieve even with more money than sense, the maverick player isn't out there in numbers, especially in Scotland and how did it pan out for Rangers last season having the biggest budget....3rd

I don't know how the board could promote the season ahead better than the family thing, I'm not so sure on come and see us not compete financially with two clubs who probably finish 1st 2nd whilst we fail to attract players due to budgets this season. Whilst holding on to cash to push next season,tho we will really try to compete.

Anyone with an ounce of sense, know that is the picture this season

I will moan as I have done about performances so far, I even moaned on a 5-0 win v shire, I won't moan on stuff that I knew about before buying my season ticket, my choice but will continue moan about poor performances, no matter of the budget at any club, it's up to the manager to get a tune out of it.

This notion that we are holding back for next season I just don't buy. What if Hibs are still there? Someone comes down who are bigger than us? St.Mirren are a year stronger and Dunfermilne come up flying? Do we just wait till Hibs go?

I know they want to go up but the longer we stay in this league the war chest that was built up last season will just be frittered away.

Jesus wept, we have played 1 (one) league game. Regardless of who it was against. We have lost one player in Loy that has been a bit of a blow but we had to deal with that for the majority of this calendar year. Its evident Houston knows we need a striker if he giving trials to them. Will he pick the right guy, time will tell, I would love for Miller to come in and do well for us. Either Baird or McHugh playing off his aerial threat could be effective as he is great in the air, (before you start bejizz et al, I not am suggesting we just lump it forward all the time) This is really getting beyond a joke the amount of complete bollocks negativity so early into Houstons real test from the usual suspects.

I am a bit optimistic about this season. Hibs are hibs and do not bother me one bit. I think 3rd should be achievable with our current squad. No idea how St Mirren are going to go, same with QOTS. I'm just glad the footballs back on to take my mind off the knickerwetting of day to day life. Pretty hard with a select few wallopers on here though!

You might be right but I don't understand how a team that came 5th last season by 7 points is suddenly going to end up 3rd this season without any improvement to the squad unless you think that the competition this season is going to be a lot worse than last which I have my doubts about.

I don't really understand what's changed in the last week to shift the mentality of so many people. No one has come in and no one has left.

Last season was passable because of the Cup run, yes that was a great draw but we still got there. Fifth for me is bordering on unacceptable (17th in Scotland with the 8th highest average attendance), but it was a freak season in terms of the second tier.

My gripes are the same as they were at the end of last season - very little effort appears to be made in terms of recruitment, our players aren't being maximised with Sibbald shunted to the wing being the main driver, and the lack of a tempo in many games. At times last year we were brilliant which makes it more frustrating. The 3-2 win at Tynecastle was stunning, we pressed them high up the park for 90 minutes, played the ball on the deck and showed no fear.

I was up for giving Houston this season as he hasn't done a terrible job. I've somehow gone from one of the more negative to one of the more positive on forums within a few days though which is bizarre.

I don't really understand what's changed in the last week to shift the mentality of so many people. No one has come in and no one has left.

Last season was passable because of the Cup run, yes that was a great draw but we still got there. Fifth for me is bordering on unacceptable (17th in Scotland with the 8th highest average attendance), but it was a freak season in terms of the second tier.

My gripes are the same as they were at the end of last season - very little effort appears to be made in terms of recruitment, our players aren't being maximised with Sibbald shunted to the wing being the main driver, and the lack of a tempo in many games. At times last year we were brilliant which makes it more frustrating. The 3-2 win at Tynecastle was stunning, we pressed them high up the park for 90 minutes, played the ball on the deck and showed no fear.

I was up for giving Houston this season as he hasn't done a terrible job. I've somehow gone from one of the more negative to one of the more positive on forums within a few days though which is bizarre.

I'm in the same boat, the negativity on here is definitely over the top this early in a season so it makes you more likely to defend the team than contribute to the avalanche of criticism.

I think Miller is being considered as Baird and McHugh seem like too similar (I've only seen 2 games so far so this could be nonsense). Both come deep to get the ball which leaves nobody in the box and clogs the midfield. We really do need a different option, Houston signing Morgan and looking at Miller suggests he wants a target man in the team which is no bad thing provided we're not just going to lump the ball up all season. I'd probably prefer a bit of a poacher than a target man but not sure who's about that we could sign.