The Falkirk FC Thread

I much prefer it the way it is, the seethe generated by those unaware of how a multi-club forum works is highly amusing.

Yes, they've got a few who really don't like outsiders.

I thought it was us country bumpkins who were meant to be all insular and distrustful of those from elsewhere.

How have Queens been looking in the lead up to this season out of interest? Wasn't familar with a lot of the new players you've brought in. I know it's hard to judge in pre season games but is there a clear difference in quality for the better or worse?

Since this is now a Queens thread due to frequent posters. When and where do buses leave for the next away game and have we got enough seats at the stadium to hold us all?

Edited by Bigbri

In all fairness, Pressley, Holt and Houston have all been much of a muchness really. They've all had highs and lows

Do you never come off at a roundabout ?

I liked Holt and wouldve liked him to stay on, what is there not to like about a manager whose philosophy was to score goals first most.

The semi final with Holt rankles with a lot of folk but easily our best league season back here was under Holt and the best goal celebration at the TFS

Hibs of course DID prise him away from the job once, only for him to return about a year later.

Whilst under disillusion at Ross County and to go to Hibs as an assistant manager, the return to Ross County was his best spell Id say

Jesus more Queens posts on here than Falkirk these days :lol:

I remember it being the same when Morton finished above us for once, we all know what happened the season after :lol::thumsup2

Wait for the St Mirren avalanche once the season starts......its coming........

Do you never come off at a roundabout ?

I liked Holt and wouldve liked him to stay on, what is there not to like about a manager whose philosophy was to score goals first most.

The semi final with Holt rankles with a lot of folk but easily our best league season back here was under Holt and the best goal celebration at the TFS

Whilst under disillusion at Ross County and to go to Hibs as an assistant manager, the return to Ross County was his best spell Id say

Wait for the St Mirren avalanche once the season starts......its coming........

No one can blame Holt for the semi, that would be mental. What a game of football and winning goal was phenomenal. Blaming Holt for that defeat is a bit like blaming Lyle Taylor for missing that chance to put us 4 up.

I liked Holt too but then again he had his share of critics probably because of his links to Killie.

Another main highlight that season was the Blair Alston goal at Hamilton in the SCQF.

What a memory that was...

What was the best FFC goal ever? I'll bet you everyone has a different favourite

Edited by bejazz1

Guest ceast93

McHugh looks like he'll put in some good shifts... both him and Baird played well tonight - albeit against lower opposition

McHugh looks like he'll put in some good shifts... both him and Baird played well tonight - albeit against lower opposition

I thought McHugh looked impressive, great attitude, commitment. Pity he never got more reward for his efforts, pretty jammy with the og though!

No one can blame Holt for the semi, that would be mental. What a game of football and winning goal was phenomenal. Blaming Holt for that defeat is a bit like blaming Lyle Taylor for missing that chance to put us 4 up.

I liked Holt too but then again he had his share of critics probably because of his links to Killie.

Another main highlight that season was the Blair Alston goal at Hamilton in the SCQF.

What a memory that was...

What was the best FFC goal ever? I'll bet you everyone has a different favourite

I will. He was so arrogant that he should have stood aside and allowed Alex Smith to take control. We had won four games leading up to that and Smith picked the side as Holt had been in the door 5 days.

He should have been sacked after failing to get us up. He was offered a war chest in January and decided to sign a left when we had the best LB in the league and a 6'6" CF who took two months to get the hang of it. Three or four good signings in January and we would have won the thing.

He was a cock of a man to boot

When I said I liked Holt, I was meaning we were good to watch at times but then we had McGovern, Kingsley, McGrandles, the two Fultons, Millar, and Thomas Grant they were all doing well.

What I absolutely hated about him was his body language, he seemed to show little emotion was a bit like a cardboard cut out at times, similar to the one that stood behind the goals at Perth