The Falkirk FC Thread

Biabi is injured. If it's a bad one it might kill the interest from Swansea stone dead. Concerning that Duffie has missed another pre season as well

Duffie being unavailable at any time isn't concerning. He's pish.

Duffie being unavailable at any time isn't concerning. He's pish.

Still our best full back and gives it much needed width, especially if TT is playing on the right of midfield. I don't think he's necessarily went backwards as a player over the years. He's became a better defender IMO but our systems under Holt and Houston doesn't allow him to bomb forward at will. He's another example of how Pressley got us playing in a system that suited our players at the time

Think for the last two seasons i've said that you need 3 decent strikers in order to get out of this league and for once it might actually happen. Hearts had sow, keatings and zeefuik. Hamilton had scotland, keatings and curier/andreu. Partick had Doolan, erskine and craig. I'm not too keen on housties 'experienced striker' approach as surely with baird at 29 that's experienced enough. We don't have a aerial presence at present upfront but that doesn't mean he has to go out and sign a big lump ie Lee Miller surely theres a promising striker down south that we could bring up on loan.

Think for the last two seasons i've said that you need 3 decent strikers in order to get out of this league and for once it might actually happen. Hearts had sow, keatings and zeefuik. Hamilton had scotland, keatings and curier/andreu. Partick had Doolan, erskine and craig. I'm not too keen on housties 'experienced striker' approach as surely with baird at 29 that's experienced enough. We don't have a aerial presence at present upfront but that doesn't mean he has to go out and sign a big lump ie Lee Miller surely theres a promising striker down south that we could bring up on loan.

Seeing as Zeefuik and Scotland only came half way through a season, and neither Andreau and Erskine are strikers, I'll not take too much notice of your post. What about Dundee when they actually won the league, did they have 3 good out and out strikers?

Edited to add, didn't even realise your point was over the last 2 seasons. Where Thistle weren't even involved in the second tier over the last 2 years.

Edited by Trump

Regardless of what point in the season they came in it still gave them 3 decent strikers. Dundee were an exception and tbh the league was p!ss poor that season anyway. Erskine and Andreu are midfielders but were both used more playing off the striker hence why I mentioned them. My post wasn't focussed on the last two seasons I just mentioned that I had been saying it for the last two seasons.

Biabi is injured. If it's a bad one it might kill the interest from Swansea stone dead. Concerning that Duffie has missed another pre season as well

He has not missed the full Pre season. I was at the stadium the Friday before they left for Ireland and he was training. He got injured that day I believe Edited by Back Post Misses

Best wishes to Gordon McFarlane a true Falkirk man who is in hospital,get well soon G.

I spoke to the family last night and he is improving slowly. The big man lives and breaths Falkirk. All the best big G. Edited by Back Post Misses

Still our best full back and gives it much needed width, especially if TT is playing on the right of midfield. I don't think he's necessarily went backwards as a player over the years. He's became a better defender IMO but our systems under Holt and Houston doesn't allow him to bomb forward at will. He's another example of how Pressley got us playing in a system that suited our players at the time

If Duffie is our best full back then we're fucked. He's most definitely went backwards. He might provide width but he's useless going forward and is caught out of position more than any other defender. The lack of competition at RB over the years might have contributed to him not improving, but he should have been replaced a long time ago.

. The lack of competition at RB over the years might have contributed to him not improving

There was a season under Elvis and partially under Holt, where it was a case of turn up and I'm playing no matter what.

He is capable and has shown flashes of it, just not over a period in the last 2-3 yr.

Hopefully if fit again will improve, Muirhead won't want to give up on playing at right back easily, if that's where his best option is to start...decent competition in the backline