The Falkirk FC Thread

Similar to Baird going to Falkirk a good number of our fans will be disparaging about this signing based on his time with us.

FWIW, like Baird, I think he`ll do well with Falkirk.

He'll do well if he stays fit. The issue with McHugh over the last couple of years has been he's spent longer on the treatment table than being available for selection. Even in his three month loan spell with us he was injured for a chunk of it. He's not a star but he'll lead the line well for a Falkirk team and if they create enough opportunities for him he'll get them goals. I suspect Baird might pair up quite well with him too, McHugh leading the line and Baird just in behind.

I wouldn't put money on it. I think we'll get more interest just before the season kicks off. I am sure there are players out there who have had offers and are weighing them up hoping for a bigger and better deal somewhere else. Most of the agents will be encouraging them to hold out til the last minute.

I must say I'm disappointed so far, was expecting better activity like most real fans.

I'm optimistic and hoping for a surprise trialist or two for the Hamilton friendly.

any news on how much they are letting him go for. Hopefully they will put some clauses in the deal.

£150k with all the add on trimmings probably. Hopefully we can get him loaned back as well. As I've said previously, we should stick the whole lot on a new contract for Sibbald, a far more valuable asset.

What's the point in these trial periods if he's just going to sign them regardless of how well they do? Just offer the contracts and stop messing about if that's the case.

You are 100% right here, it seems every player we give a trial to eventually signs anyway, Boulding and Taylor spring to mind.

I hope McHugh if he signs, works out to be a good acquisition, Houston will not be allowed to make the same mistakes this season as he did last. If he can get it wrong with Boulding AND Taylor, what is the point?

Does anyone know about Sibbald and Leahy, are there still rumours circulating?

Edited by bejazz1

£150k with all the add on trimmings probably. Hopefully we can get him loaned back as well. As I've said previously, we should stick the whole lot on a new contract for Sibbald, a far more valuable asset.

This is one of the problems with FFC, we are far too eager to part with our young players far too easily.

I would like us to tell them thanks but no thanks and I'm sure we get a better offer after the player has forged his way into the first team.

A team that parts with potential young talent in comparison to signing the likes of Heffernan is a team that lacks ambition.

Has Houston ever came out and told everyone what is his actual long term plan is?

I know the new chairman spouted out about returning to the top flight and finishing off the stadium, so far, I have seen little evidence of this and I see no ambition or imagination to make this happen, words are cheap it's not as if we are skint!

Just saying

This is one of the problems with FFC, we are far too eager to part with our young players far too easily.

I would like us to tell them thanks but no thanks and I'm sure we get a better offer after the player has forged his way into the first team.

A team that parts with potential young talent in comparison to signing the likes of Heffernan is a team that lacks ambition.

Has Houston ever came out and told everyone what is his actual long term plan is?

I know the new chairman spouted out about returning to the top flight and finishing off the stadium, so far, I have seen little evidence of this and I see no ambition or imagination to make this happen, words are cheap it's not as if we are skint!

Just saying

1. Selling Botti for 150k is a steal IMO, especially if it's with add ons meaning if he does become a player, we could still get something from it.

2. Heffernans on trial, he hasn't been signed yet, so what are you talking about

3. Agreed not much has been seen yet but we're still in pre season, so I'll be waiting till the week before the season kicks off before I make any judgements

You are 100% right here, it seems every player we give a trial to eventually signs anyway, Boulding and Taylor spring to mind.

I know.

Just trying to remember the last player we've had on trial that we didn't sign and you have to go back 5 or even 6 days since Chris Johns was sent back to Southampton without a deal.

I know.

Just trying to remember the last player we've had on trial that we didn't sign and you have to go back 5 or even 6 days since Chris Johns was sent back to Southampton without a deal.

Ok... He was up here for 2 days and returned back very quickly, how do we know we didn't offer him a deal, maybe a deal was up to his expectation?

Can you remember any others?

I know.

What's all this about you pinching my shtick, away and get your own patter.

Ok... He was up here for 2 days and returned back very quickly, how do we know we didn't offer him a deal, maybe a deal was up to his expectation?

Can you remember any others?

Why don't you post that entirely comprehensive list you have of every player that the club has assessed and had on trial? That would make it easier for us.