The Falkirk FC Thread

how? I would and i wouldnt think twice either, i didnt buy it to watch duffers like heffernan and McShug, we arent a skint club so we shouldnt be signing more people that masquerade as footballers, we already have David Smith doing a sterling job of that.

To be fair I think everyone was expecting better. A few on here are suggesting we don't need many changes, I don't see it like that.

Yes we reached the SC final but we were awful to watch in the league at times. We finished 5th, lost as many goals as we scored. Basically got rid of the younger player strategy and brought in some'experienced' players plus a some truly uninspiring signings.

So far this season, we are continuing in the same vein, we have not seen Rogers, McHugh or Heffernan (if they sign), so how do we know how good they'll be?

For a club that have money in the bank, we continually appear to be penny pinching and shopping in the bargain basement even considering we have lost McDonald, Loy and constant rumors surrounding Vaulks, Sibbald, and Leahy.

My reflection so far is really one of disappointment and very similar to last season when we waited far too long to react and basically run out of time to find the players required to compete.

I know there is time before the season starts but I'm not sure I trust Houston to deliver the goods. His record so far is not great in the transfer market.

Are we thinking this season we ain't gonna get promoted so why spend decent money?

I think our supporters deserve better than they are getting at this time.

Just met Harvey Jordan in Costcutters in Grangemouth - he says Russell Latapy is joining as back-up goalkeeper and his dad is heading round to Housties house this afternoon for a BBQ and a trial.

That is true. Russell brought 40 embassy regal and his dad brought some jerk chicken and coconut rice for pudding

I will wait and see regarding Heff.

Why do we need a new striker when Smith is coming on to a game. Mark my words this is his big season with those two goals just I spit in his goal total bucket. SMITHY SMITHY

From what I've heard this weekend we've offered contracts to 4-5 forwards who would have been"big" signings. For whatever reason they've turned us down, I'm of the opinion we need to get behind whoever we sign and enjoy the season ahead. COYB

Yes i will. Heffernan should not even be near our club, old pals act with Maybury and McDonaugh. The guy has done nothing of note since his Killie days, i see no reason why he will be any good for us, and he has had his fair share of injuries. We deserve better than him. I dont mean a Kris Boyd but surely there are better than a 33yr old freebie has been.

post-15328-14361321572288_thumb.jpg

To be fair I think everyone was expecting better. A few on here are suggesting we don't need many changes, I don't see it like that.

Yes we reached the SC final but we were awful to watch in the league at times. We finished 5th, lost as many goals as we scored. Basically got rid of the younger player strategy and brought in some'experienced' players plus a some truly uninspiring signings.

So far this season, we are continuing in the same vein, we have not seen Rogers, McHugh or Heffernan (if they sign), so how do we know how good they'll be?

For a club that have money in the bank, we continually appear to be penny pinching and shopping in the bargain basement even considering we have lost McDonald, Loy and constant rumors surrounding Vaulks, Sibbald, and Leahy.

My reflection so far is really one of disappointment and very similar to last season when we waited far too long to react and basically run out of time to find the players required to compete.

I know there is time before the season starts but I'm not sure I trust Houston to deliver the goods. His record so far is not great in the transfer market.

Are we thinking this season we ain't gonna get promoted so why spend decent money?

I think our supporters deserve better than they are getting at this time.

Yawn....

We have signed one player...

Have you not got some fife pencils to sniff

Yawn....

We have signed one player...

Have you not got some fife pencils to sniff

Really, have we only signed one player? Oh well, that's good but then again we don't need too many. So it's win win...ya fud!