The Falkirk FC Thread

His strengths are fairly few. Remarkable that a Falkirk fan can't recall him though. His only meaningful contributions came against you in the biggest games.

Exactly, and I think this is what those who think he would be a hit are basing their opinions on.

I've not seen anything to suggest that he would be our main goal threat which is the player we should now be signing. I've nothing against the lad at all but I just don't think he would be any better than what we already have. If we sign him though then I'll give him my full backing!

To be fair I'm hopeless at analysing opposition players performances. If someone tells me out opponent's right midfielder has had a great game, I'm more likely to be found bemoaning our left back for having a shocker.

I'm also struggling to recall much about McHugh myself and I was at the majority of his appearances. I doubt I would recognise him if he passed me in the street.

I'm the same.

But there's a difference between that and not even registering the name of the guy who put three past you in play-off matches.

Exactly, and I think this is what those who think he would be a hit are basing their opinions on.

I've not seen anything to suggest that he would be our main goal threat which is the player we should now be signing. I've nothing against the lad at all but I just don't think he would be any better than what we already have. If we sign him though then I'll give him my full backing!

This entirely. Definitely falls under the category of lazy Houston signings like Boulding, Cooper, Smith and Tudor Jones, none of which are good enough to play regularly in the first team.

McHugh will be signed as a back up striker and I think we can expect a more prolific scorer signed before the window closes. Just a feeling and a bit of whispering at present but it is coming

We've got 3 back up strikers, we don't need another.

More importantly, did we give St Mirren permission to use a photograph of the Bairnabeu on the front of their fanzine? We should be suing them for their entire parachute payment imo

11693822_1091119440901774_21012573498325

I see they've announced ST sales of 2300 to date. Their early bird offer ends on Sunday, but went on sale before ours iirc

Dear Peter,

Please try to give Falkirk fans a few new faces to look forward to soon. All we have to interest us at present are women playing football and Andy Murray. We need something to get us in the mood for next season now our tickets are bought. Even a few daft wee rumours would help

Hmm. Without one or two 15+ goal scorers in your team your fairly competent squad will struggle to compete with us for 4th. You could even come up against RRFC and MFC for 5th & 6th. Sign a goal scorer and you could do well.

Hmm. Without one or two 15+ goal scorers in your team your fairly competent squad will struggle to compete with us for 4th. You could even come up against RRFC and MFC for 5th & 6th. Sign a goal scorer and you could do well.

Thankyou for your extremely insightful post.

Tell me, in your expert opinion would having a competent defence lessen your chances of conceeding goals?

Possible fishing trip from you, but I will bite.

What makes you think you will be fighting for fourth? You've had the heart ripped right out of the settled (good) squad you have had over the past 3 years. Unless the players coming in gel quickly, then you may struggle.

We have a relatively settled squad and haven't got 4 and 5 going out like we did in years gone by.