The Falkirk FC Thread

So what's the legality of the council building a car park that's free to the public then another company charging people to use it?

It seems you are allowed to change yer mind like the weather about whether a car park is free or not.

I still want an answer as to where all the £4s go on a match day?

Baird, Botti, McHugh plus one more for next season.

Not like us to have more than one striker to start the season.

If we start with those 3 up front we'll have scored maybe 14 goals by Christmas time!

We need proven quality and experience up front or an unknown who can pull off a Taylor or Farid type effort. I'm a fan of Baird as he's a hard working wee guy but he's not going to score a huge amount of goals IMO. I would be happy if he kicked off the season on the bench as that would mean that we would have at least one striker in who Houstie rates higher.

What's the score with Doolan at Partick? I understood that we were looking at him. He's a proven goalscorer who should do well at this level. There surely should be money available as well given the cup run and the saving on McDonald and Loy's wages?

If we start with those 3 up front we'll have scored maybe 14 goals by Christmas time!

We need proven quality and experience up front or an unknown who can pull off a Taylor or Farid type effort. I'm a fan of Baird as he's a hard working wee guy but he's not going to score a huge amount of goals IMO. I would be happy if he kicked off the season on the bench as that would mean that we would have at least one striker in who Houstie rates higher.

What's the score with Doolan at Partick? I understood that we were looking at him. He's a proven goalscorer who should do well at this level. There surely should be money available as well given the cup run and the saving on McDonald and Loy's wages?

We struck it lucky with Farid, Taylor and Loy, I could mention 6 or 7 or more strikers in the same time we didn't get so lucky with.

Scottish football right now is either circulation of players in the league's or loan deals from England as none of us can match wages and probably ambitions of the players down south.

I can't think of a signing made yet in Scotland that has made me think wow/well done. Rangers apart, all signings in this league are a circulation of players whom either played in this league last season or below. I hope we do have tabs on someone who will excite me, but when was the last player we signed managed to create that kind of buzz....?

McHugh may do the business, Botti and O'Hara hopefully step up and hopefully we start the season well as we have decent fixture start compared to last season

I find it interesting (I'm a boring, sad c**t????)that we get the Aberdeen goalie on loan who in turn get the Liverpool goalie on loan and we all have the same plan.

Now all we need is a diddy to take our Bowman and we complete the domino

Must admit McHugh would be an uninspiring signing. 5 goals in 70 games at Motherwell and 2 goals in 13 games at Queens.

In saying that what did we say about Farid, Taylor and Loy?

Not sure where you get 2 goals in 13 games from. He got 2 in less than 45 minutes against you in the playoffs and another in the second leg. I think he got 5 or 6 for us in total. He did ok. Not startlingly good but not bad either. If his fitness is ok after a long layoff I wouldn't have minded us going for him.

Not sure where you get 2 goals in 13 games from. He got 2 in less than 45 minutes against you in the playoffs and another in the second leg. I think he got 5 or 6 for us in total. He did ok. Not startlingly good but not bad either. If his fitness is ok after a long layoff I wouldn't have minded us going for him.

What's his strengths as a striker, I can't really recall him at anytime last season? I'm of the opinion that successful teams should have 4 strikers who all have different strengths.

McHugh would be an extremely good signing if he's coming in to be 3rd choice pushing for starts. Not a replacement for Loy though.

Don't think so.

I was thinking, 'what's the point of another youngster when we've got Botti, Sheps and O'Hara'? Then had a look on Wiki and see that he's 24 next month! It's unlikely that he'll become the goalscorer that we need given he hasn't managed to tie down a first team spot thus far. Obviously, I hope I'm completely wrong if we do end up signing him though.

surprised at Biabi rumour tbh, don't think he's remotely close to that level;

his too-infrequent impact moments - ie goal v Hearts & flashes v ITC - to me are offset against never looking like he's got the ball fully under control, he's not very tall, or very fast, and far too easily knocked off the ball so lacks decent 'presence'; but hey, other than that, he's a good prospect, Swansea - show us the money...

The jury is out on McHugh but looked fairly decent in last season's play offs but if I remember correctly he was against McCracken and Johnny Flynn but really struggled at Motherwell

Maybe I am wrong but if he signs I will feel a wee bit underwhelmed and disappointed. I thought given we are not that short of cash I was expecting a bit better. I don't feel this type of signing as very inspirational and won't add much value to the ST sales

Hope I am wrong!

Edited by bejazz1

I'll blame Wikipedia for that one. The fact you're saying you wouldn't have minded going for him says it all I think .

Biabi would be worth that money to Swansea purely due to potential, he has all the physical gifts to be a beast in future but is lacking technically even for our level just now imo. Load the deal with add ons and take it.

McHugh as third choice or to compete with Baird might be alright, reasonably certain we know what we're getting and he'd probably get 8-10 goals. Not hugely inspiring but solid enough. Taking him in addition to more of a gamble/punt could be a good shout. If he's bring brought in to play alongside Baird with Biabi or O'Hara off the bench I'd be disappointed.