The Falkirk FC Thread

I wanted 22 Dunfermline pencils from their club shop, they only had 21..... I won't be back

Unbelievable Jeff

Trust me mate... You must have been at the wrong ground, you could have bought 122 pencils and still bought the same again... No problem!

Trust me mate... You must have been at the wrong ground, you could have bought 122 pencils and still bought the same again... No problem!

I've pissed on it at 3am on a Sunday morning, I know clearly where it is....

So we must have stock that doesn't sell and open a club shop on a monday where you'd be lucky if two people came in...

Surely with this business acumen, I'm in the company of millionaires who could buy the club and make these changes....or maybe not

We should start trying to be like Dunfermline Athletic. They're the best ran club in Scotland at this moment and in the financial peril that we are in we should be doing a lot more.

Drinking on a Sunday doesn't appeal to me.

We should start trying to be like Dunfermline Athletic. They're the best ran club in Scotland at this moment and in the financial peril that we are in we should be doing a lot more.

Lol, no stop being silly!

I was merely suggesting their shop was much better stocked than ours and into the bargain the staff were far more friendly.

We should not over react, sometimes we have to concede that some teams just do things a bit better than us.

Some, we could learn from.

That's all I'm saying!

Lol, no stop being silly!

I was merely suggesting their shop was much better stocked than ours and into the bargain the staff were far more friendly.

We should not over react, sometimes we have to concede that some teams just do things a bit better than us.

Some, we could learn from.

That's all I'm saying!

Woolworths were well stocked....what happened to them ?

Woolworths were well stocked....what happened to them ?

Yes Mr Dust, they were mismanaged and didn't invest in the future and found it difficult to compete in a very competitive market. You see they didn't want to be the market leader we they were happy to finish 4th in their own category of shop, they weren't bold enough to get a new decent manager, making sure they had a good grip on the retail sector... Basically weren't interested in competing with the big boys... Sounds familiar to you does it?

You only get out what you put in!

Yes Mr Dust, they were mismanaged and didn't invest in the future and found it difficult to compete in a very competitive market. You see they didn't want to be the market leader we they were happy to finish 4th in their own category of shop, they weren't bold enough to get a new decent manager, making sure they had a good grip on the retail sector... Basically weren't interested in competing with the big boys... Sounds familiar to you does it?

You only get out what you put in!

I think you'll find Woolworths couldn't cope with the world wide web activities of how people now shop.

I'd be surprised if club shop sales is a major part of the expected budget income of 90 odd % of clubs in Scotland.

We have over the years had shops in town, then at the tfs shop had staff cuts in that department as it wasn't making money

Outside a cup final appearance our shop isnt a huge major input to our budget but if unsold stock of pencils, rubbers(handy for doctoring the books) and other tatt that's on the shelves of DAFC float ur boat, I suggest you head of there or Asda/tescos etc.

You seem happier in that enviroment

I think you'll find Woolworths couldn't cope with the world wide web activities of how people now shop.

I'd be surprised if club shop sales is a major part of the expected budget income of 90 odd % of clubs in Scotland.

We have over the years had shops in town, then at the tfs shop had staff cuts in that department as it wasn't making money

Outside a cup final appearance our shop isnt a huge major input to our budget but if unsold stock of pencils, rubbers(handy for doctoring the books) and other tatt that's on the shelves of DAFC float ur boat, I suggest you head of there or Asda/tescos etc.

You seem happier in that enviroment

There you go again frightening off the club's supporters. I will be potentionally buying a ST this year again, we have few enough fans committing to the club for 2015/2016 season so stop scaring people off, the club will not thank you for it!

Here's an idea. Why don't we hand our merchandising to Mike Ashley and Sports Direct. That is bound to help!

^^^this^^^

Sports direct is always stocked up with the latest fashion and sporting goods. Always open as well and pay their staff minimum wage on zero hour contracts so we know the club will be squeezing every profit out of this deal.