The Falkirk FC Thread

We never do our business early. It seems to be the younger/newer supporters that are getting their yfronts in a knot.

Aye and maybe last summer had a world cup and referendum to keep you occupied and there's nothing this year.

When announcements go wrong:

St Mirren snap up short-term deal for former Leeds star Ian Harte
Feb 5 2009

ST MIRREN have pulled off the shock free-transfer signing of former Leeds and Sunderland left back Ian Harte.

The 31-year-old had arrived in Paisley for talks with Buddies boss Gus MacPherson over a possible move to the SPL side.

And Harte put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him with the Scots' side until the end of the season.

With clubs from the English Championship, as well as other SPL teams, showing an interest St Mirren moved quickly to get their man.

Despite a huge gulf in finances between the Championship and SPL, Harte's agent Willie McKay said personal details were never going to be a stumbling block.

McKay said: "It will be a coup for them. Celtic were prepared to pay £2m for him two years ago.

"Ian has had a great career. Money is not the objective. He wants to play football and to play for a team that wants him.

"He has been playing well for Blackpool and Gus was first on the phone when he left there.

"He was just filling in there because their other two left-backs were injured, but they are coming back now and they could not afford to keep him."

P&B Explodes = http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/100777-ian-harte-maybe-signs-for-stmirren/page-1

edited cause link didn't work

Edited by Ned Nederlander

Was browsing through some other team's websites and came across this and I thought what a great idea...A ST counter to keep the fans informed.

Would this be a good idea for our club to take on board and put on put on our club post-55267-14354031079298_thumb.jpgwebsite?

I read comments on forums from FFC fans wondering how the ST's are shaping up

Edited by bejazz1

Now you are winding me up... Why should we shut up or put up with it? I think this is one of the problems we have shut up far too long. This is nothing to do with signing players, it's about communication with the fans... Maybe you should read the thread before you come in here dishing out your unsavoury comments...i have no desire to support any other team but should have the right to pass comment when I am not happy regarding certain issues.. So as Houstie had said in the past 'deal with it'

The club can't announce anything until we've signed the person and everything's been done. Your overreaction to this makes you seem like some sort of wain who gets what the want when they want it. I don't like this wait either for signings and I'd rather the club had all their business done. But they don't. So as houstie said 'deal with it'

Seems most supporters have been desensitised to how actual transfers work and have became use to sky sports news shoving 'news' down people's throats when clubs show a sniff of interest in a player. I don't see what the club has done wrong here. Everyone was on holiday, they've came back now, we've signed a keeper and have been told we're close to signing players. Get a hobbie m7

Was browsing through some other team's websites and came across this and I thought what a great idea...A ST counter to keep the fans informed.

Would this be a good idea for our club to take on board and put on put on our club attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1435403104.528399.jpgwebsite?

I read comments on forums from FFC fans wondering how the ST's are shaping up

I'm at work and can't really be arsed looking but did the club not state how many ST had been sold very, very recently and also state that the buyer of the 1876th ST would win a holiday!?

You're just trolling now.

Well done to the pars reaching that in june

They must be about £50 in that league....!!

It's quite a sad thing to have on Ur site, why not have a day counter to their big derby game with cowdenbeath....

Noticed on the bbc gossip page that apparently sam stanton's free to find another club. If it's not just paper talk i'd like to see us in for him especially if sibbs goes this summer although it also mentions dundee are rumoured to be interested in him.

Noticed on the bbc gossip page that apparently sam stanton's free to find another club. If it's not just paper talk i'd like to see us in for him especially if sibbs goes this summer although it also mentions dundee are rumoured to be interested in him.

Probably not a bad player but I don't think I could deal with anymore rejects from Edinburgh.

No club with an ounce of professionalism is going to publish "news" about having nearly signed someone. Club websites can only really report what has already happened generally. They aren't going to play out a negotiation in public and they can't give credence to every piece of idle speculation by commenting on it. In the "old days", even as recently as 4 or 5 years ago maybe, this wasn't a problem. Supporters, and usually the media unless it was very high profile, found out about signings or important developments when clubs had finalised them and announced them. Now however we have blanket internet coverage, social media, agents deliberately leaking who their players are talking to and it's very difficult to keep things under wraps. So they come out into the public domain before anything is sealed and the only real difficultly is sorting out the ones that are genuine from the ones which somebody made up for laughs to see who would believe them. And the clubs end up being criticised and looking like they are at the tail of the story when they really can't say anything any earlier as they'd look an awful lot more stupid if they did and the deal collapsed. This isn't unique to Falkirk and you are kidding yourself if you think other clubs are any different. Of course some clubs are sharper than others. Raith Rovers are very good recently at pre-announcing when there will be news and building it up with fan interaction. But none of them are going to report someone signing until there's a signature on a piece of paper if they have any sense.

This x10.

When a club releases the news that they are trying to sign a player all it does is alert the others that the players is up for a switch ( Brian Graham last year being a prime example ). Houston is correct to keep all contract negotiations under wraps till signed. Agents on the other hand greatly appreciate leaks as it bumps up the fee available. Loan moves are also dodgy as the same applies but surely our past experience of developing young players could be used as a deal clincher for bigger clubs to use us.