The Falkirk FC Thread

What makes Falkirk fans think that the club have a duty to tell the public who they're trying to sign and were they are with negotiations for players. What a load of nonsense.

How many other clubs practice this?

I take your point however the point I'm trying to make here is why do we find out most of our info from social media. We are hearing that FFC have signed a goalkeeper on loan from Aberdeen why does the website not confirm? That's all I'm saying... The website should be the first for breaking news

calm down ya radge!! what a completely toys out the pram post.

Radge... Lol

It's not toys out the pram it's let's gets the communication channels sorted and tell the punters what's going on... Look at the big splash last year unveiling 5 players at once... Why can't be proactive early to get punters buying ST's?

I take your point however the point I'm trying to make here is why do we find out most of our info from social media. We are hearing that FFC have signed a goalkeeper on loan from Aberdeen why does the website not confirm? That's all I'm saying... The website should be the first for breaking news

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/goalkeeper-signs-on-for-new-season/

Radge... Lol

It's not toys out the pram it's let's gets the communication channels sorted and tell the punters what's going on... Look at the big splash last year unveiling 5 players at once... Why can't be proactive early to get punters buying ST's?

Do you think they've secretly signed players and aren't telling us?

Away and support the old firm you miserable b*****d.

Ha ha love your passion... You have your opinion and I'll have mine. I don't think the club would want you scaring away their ST holders. Just for the record, I'm not miserable just pissed off about the way my club is being run. It should be better so toddle on!

This is exactly my point, this is old news was reported everywhere yesterday

The club isn't going to say anything till a contract's been signed, they aren't in the business of passing on rumours about confidential assessments and negotiations, that's why they don't usually name trialists on team sheets. You're whining about the club behaving professionally.

What is the script with info in our club? Supporters seem to be the last to know or on a need to know basis. I have never seen the likes before. You would have thought a football team would like to keep their customers up to speed. Wish they'd stop pissing about in the website advertising this n that and tell the people who incidentally fund the club what the hell is happening. Usual Falkirk Football Club...treating supporters like shit!

When are they gonna wake up and realise our supporters deserve much better. Still not bought my ST and refuse to part with my cash until I see what new players purchased for next season, I will not be conned again!

maybe a redesign of your website is needed, Dumbarton's has been the best football club site I've come across for information, with player interviews and the like, we also have our in house Dumbarton terrace doing amazing work keeping us up to date, you'll see the links on son's sorrow. Clubs should check it out

The club isn't going to say anything till a contract's been signed, they aren't in the business of passing on rumours about confidential assessments and negotiations, that's why they don't usually name trialists on team sheets. You're whining about the club behaving professionally.

Yes again I take your point. You must admit the club's website needs to be better. The info coming out from the club is desperately slow. Supporters rely on club communication so they know what is happening on all fronts. I've said on here before, supporters will be more interested in theme days, merchandise, corporate events etc but first and always foremost you can never take away the importance of the actual team on the park. Get the combination right and supporters will back the club to the hilt, may even have more money plus more supporters. I know there is a need for marketing it's just our club could be much better at it. You also mention the club acting professionally... Have a look at some other club websites, you will notice some of these are also run'professionally'

So you can have both!

.. Have a look at some other club websites, you will notice some of these are also run'professionally'

So you can have both!

Examples please

Ur wittering on about a nothing area, I'm sure spfl site said we had agreed terms with Aberdeen earlier, the player could've said no

Ur complaining it's old news and don't know the full facts,then complaining there's no news when there is no news.

Every club in Scotland could do more but nothing is an open book in football. Ok we haven't signed 4,5,6,7 players, the ones that have, I can't say I'm jealous of any of the signings. We need minimum goalie and two strikers, I'm sure when there actually signed, we will know asap, after all we are a club who have had in the past live signings.....

Really....

Yes again I take your point. You must admit the club's website needs to be better. The info coming out from the club is desperately slow. Supporters rely on club communication so they know what is happening on all fronts. I've said on here before, supporters will be more interested in theme days, merchandise, corporate events etc but first and always foremost you can never take away the importance of the actual team on the park. Get the combination right and supporters will back the club to the hilt, may even have more money plus more supporters. I know there is a need for marketing it's just our club could be much better at it. You also mention the club acting professionally... Have a look at some other club websites, you will notice some of these are also run'professionally'

So you can have both!

To be fair on the guys who run the website, if there is no info to put up then it is not their fault.

Massive overreaction IMO

Shut up and put up with it

We'll sign folk stop whinging

f**k up or go support one of the Ugly sisters xx

Now you are winding me up... Why should we shut up or put up with it? I think this is one of the problems we have shut up far too long. This is nothing to do with signing players, it's about communication with the fans... Maybe you should read the thread before you come in here dishing out your unsavoury comments...i have no desire to support any other team but should have the right to pass comment when I am not happy regarding certain issues.. So as Houstie had said in the past 'deal with it'

For the first time in years, we have a relatively settled team with only a few tweaks required.

The likes of Raith and Livi sign a new team every season. That's not the way I would wanted.

The season after we went down and lost 18 players whilst signing 9 was maybe exciting for some, but for me, continuity is what's required.

Add to that, I would rather the club advise us of signings once they have signed on the dotted line.

Those needing the club to.tell us we are looking at players need to get a grip. It's blatantly obvious that is what will be happening.

No club with an ounce of professionalism is going to publish "news" about having nearly signed someone. Club websites can only really report what has already happened generally. They aren't going to play out a negotiation in public and they can't give credence to every piece of idle speculation by commenting on it. In the "old days", even as recently as 4 or 5 years ago maybe, this wasn't a problem. Supporters, and usually the media unless it was very high profile, found out about signings or important developments when clubs had finalised them and announced them. Now however we have blanket internet coverage, social media, agents deliberately leaking who their players are talking to and it's very difficult to keep things under wraps. So they come out into the public domain before anything is sealed and the only real difficultly is sorting out the ones that are genuine from the ones which somebody made up for laughs to see who would believe them. And the clubs end up being criticised and looking like they are at the tail of the story when they really can't say anything any earlier as they'd look an awful lot more stupid if they did and the deal collapsed. This isn't unique to Falkirk and you are kidding yourself if you think other clubs are any different. Of course some clubs are sharper than others. Raith Rovers are very good recently at pre-announcing when there will be news and building it up with fan interaction. But none of them are going to report someone signing until there's a signature on a piece of paper if they have any sense.

No club with an ounce of professionalism is going to publish "news" about having nearly signed someone. Club websites can only really report what has already happened generally. They aren't going to play out a negotiation in public and they can't give credence to every piece of idle speculation by commenting on it. In the "old days", even as recently as 4 or 5 years ago maybe, this wasn't a problem. Supporters, and usually the media unless it was very high profile, found out about signings or important developments when clubs had finalised them and announced them. Now however we have blanket internet coverage, social media, agents deliberately leaking who their players are talking to and it's very difficult to keep things under wraps. So they come out into the public domain before anything is sealed and the only real difficultly is sorting out the ones that are genuine from the ones which somebody made up for laughs to see who would believe them. And the clubs end up being criticised and looking like they are at the tail of the story when they really can't say anything any earlier as they'd look an awful lot more stupid if they did and the deal collapsed. This isn't unique to Falkirk and you are kidding yourself if you think other clubs are any different. Of course some clubs are sharper than others. Raith Rovers are very good recently at pre-announcing when there will be news and building it up with fan interaction. But none of them are going to report someone signing until there's a signature on a piece of paper if they have any sense.

Exactly this

For the first time in years, we have a relatively settled team with only a few tweaks required.

The likes of Raith and Livi sign a new team every season. That's not the way I would wanted.

The season after we went down and lost 18 players whilst signing 9 was maybe exciting for some, but for me, continuity is what's required.

Add to that, I would rather the club advise us of signings once they have signed on the dotted line.

Those needing the club to.tell us we are looking at players need to get a grip. It's blatantly obvious that is what will be happening.

Agreed.

You can understand folk getting impatient though, this feels like the longest close season in history.