The Falkirk FC Thread

Hope he buys some decent players for a change and not turn the clock back.

There is too much talk about returning players, get them to f#!&... They left for a reason and the likelihood of them coming back is because they're either past it or have few options, that tells its own story so no to Hill, Miller (Lee), Stewart, Barr, Craig, Scobbie, El Aligui, Higgenbotham.

We need new blood not jersey fillers like last year's although I'm afraid I wouldn't trust Houston with any of the club's money. Maybe we should use some of the money to get a decent manager? Just putting it out there

Hope he buys some decent players for a change and not turn the clock back.

There is too much talk about returning players, get them to f#!&... They left for a reason and the likelihood of them coming back is because they're either past it or have few options, that tells its own story so no to Hill, Miller (Lee), Stewart, Barr, Craig, Scobbie, El Aligui, Higgenbotham.

We need new blood not jersey fillers like last year's although I'm afraid I wouldn't trust Houston with any of the club's money. Maybe we should use some of the money to get a decent manager? Just putting it out there

I'm not going to go through the individual players on your list but your point is flawed.

Players outgrow clubs in all countries and at all levels - and most of these players drop down a level or two towards the end of their careers - it would be utter folly and a complete nonsense for a club like Falkirk, or indeed any other club, to pass up on a player than can do a job at their club because they once left to advance their careers.

Your policy would have seen Crunchy and many more players miss out on important second stints at the club - would you turn down Arfield or Fulton should they need a club in the future?

Danny Rogers signs on loan from Aberdeen for.season. 21 year old goalie.

Outstanding signing, best 'keeper we've had at the club in years (although that ain't saying much). Pretty disappointed that he's not getting a chance at Pittodrie, probably better than Brown and Langfield.

Outstanding signing, best 'keeper we've had at the club in years (although that ain't saying much). Pretty disappointed that he's not getting a chance at Pittodrie, probably better than Brown and Langfield.

Aye, probably the logical step for Rogers. Won numerous player of the year awards for us last year. Is young so will make a mistake here or there but on the whole should be an excellent signing.

Rodgers is an outstanding goalkeeper, he saved something ridiculous like 8 or 9 penalties last season. Surprised aberdeen are loaning him again tbh.

Cheers chaps - reasonably upbeat about this having read your comments.

We've done well with loan keepers in the past so hoping this one goes along with the trend. Not sure what it says about Bowman that they've got a younger keeper on loan but encouraged we haven't gone down the usual suspects ie Cuthbert. Time will tell.

Our keepers have been signed on a season contract since pre McGovern, so the loan for a season is no real difference.

He has by all accounts performed well in this league and maybe we have got a decent deal in regard to the percentage of his wage we pay too.....win/win

Cannot remember much about this keeper from last season and I watched the 4 encounters v. Dumbarton. Nice to see sons fans on here giving him plaudits.

Although I would prefer us to have our own keeper, I think the defence needs to settle with a regular between the sticks, my point here is the back four will find out how this guy performs and the suddenly Aberdeen have a keeper crisis and he's off... We need our own No 1

I know its quite trivial but what happened to the new mascot we were supposed to be getting? Fed up looking at F@ckface the Fox - the Thistle one has brought great media exposure and the fans love it. Weren't McDonalds or someone having a competition to design it? Anyway, a couple of good signings and play with two up front, and this season should be better than last :thumsup2