The Falkirk FC Thread

wait untill the fixtures announced. if the first game of the season isnt against hibs or rangers make it £5 adults and free for kids. while the cup final is still fresh in folks memory and the weather is (hopefully still nice) also look at giving local kids teams cub scouts youth clubs etc etc free tickets , even in the north stand if nessesarry. if its marketed properly it could be a success.

forget previous debacles £10 against cowdenbeath in january is only going to make it cheaper for folk who go anyway. no one ever gets hooked going to a pish game against pish teams in misreble weather.

Still absolutely destroyed, the way I’m feeling just now I don't know if I’ll ever be able to watch another game of football never mind go back to the TFS.

This is the worst I've felt by a mile after a Falkirk game.

Still absolutely destroyed, the way I’m feeling just now I don't know if I’ll ever be able to watch another game of football never mind go back to the TFS.

This is the worst I've felt by a mile after a Falkirk game.

Shut up. Falkirk will get their day at Hampden again.

I think the club has done a fantastic job promoting the final, and all the kids I saw, my own included, had great days.

This is the kind of positive feedback that needs to be applauded and highlighted. :thumsup2

Commiserations for Saturday. Winning goal must have been crushing. The worst thing that can happen is for your team to give you hope, then chuck it away - and your equaliser against ten men was, for me, reminiscent of the dead club going down to 9 men against us in the LC final in 2010. As soon as you dare to believe, you are opening yourself up to all sorts of heartache.

It'll be no consolation whatsoever to have me, some twat on the internet, saying that it was a real achievement to reach the final, but it really was. Great performance. Bring on next season.

Shut up. Falkirk will get their day at Hampden again.

Whilst I'd love to be negative right now and disagree, you're probably right. We've had 7 trips to Hampden in 6 years. Every club our size would bite their hands off for a run like that. If you go back a couple of years we also had a LC Semi against Killie, although that was played at Fir Park.

Dunfermline - SC Semi - 2009

Rangers - LC Semi - 2009

Rangers - SC Final - 2009

Celtic - LC Semi - 2012

Hibs - SC Semi - 2013

Hibs - SC Semi - 2015

Inverness CT - SC Final - 2015

You could say we've been spoiled in the past few years. Not many games in there I'd have expected to win beforehand though, with 3 OF matches and 2 games against clubs in a higher division, but can't complain with a record like that.

Whilst I'd love to be negative right now and disagree, you're probably right. We've had 7 trips to Hampden in 6 years. Every club our size would bite their hands off for a run like that. If you go back a couple of years we also had a LC Semi against Killie, although that was played at Fir Park.

Rangers - LC Semi - 2009

Celtic - LC Semi - 2012

Hibs - SC Semi - 2013

Hibs - SC Semi - 2015

You could say we've been spoiled in the past few years. Not many games in there I'd have expected to win beforehand though, with 3 OF matches and 2 games against clubs in a higher division, but can't complain with a record like that.

Indeed. You lads are always kicking about cup semis and finals. Doubt that will stop anytime soon.

Rangers - LC Semi - 2009

Celtic - LC Semi - 2012

Hibs - SC Semi - 2013

Hibs - SC Semi - 2015

One of my mates doesn't go very often but has been to most of those - missed only the Pars game and the Hibs semi this year. There is a common theme to the games he's been at...

Posted on the match thread but thought I'd post on here too, what a fucking noise when Grant scored by the way. Was in the wee neutral area down beside the Inverness end and the noise gave me the chills. Know yous will still be gutted at the result, but if its any consolation, Grant sticking his noggin on the end of that cross gave me one of my favourite football experiences to date. The fact that Falkirk had over half the town's population at that game has proven that the game up here's no as dead as some folk seem to think.

One of my mates doesn't go very often but has been to most of those - missed only the Pars game and the Hibs semi this year. There is a common theme to the games he's been at...

Murder him. Murder him in cold blood.

Posted on the match thread but thought I'd post on here too, what a fucking noise when Grant scored by the way. Was in the wee neutral area down beside the Inverness end and the noise gave me the chills. Know yous will still be gutted at the result, but if its any consolation, Grant sticking his noggin on the end of that cross gave me one of my favourite football experiences to date. The fact that Falkirk had over half the town's population at that game has proven that the game up here's no as dead as some folk seem to think.

Cheers - I read the other post you mention as well ... both posts have actually cheered me up a bit.

My brother-in-law filmed us celebrating the goal ... I'm an absolute and total mess in it - I think, as others have mentioned, it was almost like we were destined never to score in any of these bloody games - to actually do it late on and at our end was utterly unbelievable.

Reads like MacDonald will be away from what he's saying, possibly something announced this week ("I'll look at it on Monday or Tuesday" were his words). Rumours are a deal is in place for Sibbs to be on his way as well.

New Keeper

Duffie McCracken Grant Leahy

Kerr

Taiwo Vaulks

Alston

Baird New Striker

Assuming we don't lose one of Leahy/Grant/Vaulks I'd guess that's how we'll start the season. I'd loan Biabi out and try to bring in another striker who is maybe a bit of a Farid-esque punt. Not overly happy with Alston in that position but I like us in that diamond and I think he's shown enough to merit being given a go there if/when Sibbs moves on. We're still wasting wages on Smith and Cooper next season aren't we?

Reads like MacDonald will be away from what he's saying, possibly something announced this week ("I'll look at it on Monday or Tuesday" were his words). Rumours are a deal is in place for Sibbs to be on his way as well.

New Keeper

Kerr

Taiwo Vaulks

Alston

Baird New Striker

Assuming we don't lose one of Leahy/Grant/Vaulks I'd guess that's how we'll start the season. I'd loan Biabi out and try to bring in another striker who is maybe a bit of a Farid-esque punt. Not overly happy with Alston in that position but I like us in that diamond and I think he's shown enough to merit being given a go there if/when Sibbs moves on. We're still wasting wages on Smith and Cooper next season aren't we?

What are the chances of that?

Then kill him to death.

Indeed.

New Keeper

Kerr

Taiwo Vaulks

Alston

Baird New Striker

For every "Farid-esque punt" there's a Taylor Morgan, a Kjartan Finboggason and an Enoch Showunmi.

If we can't get a forward that has scored in this league before then we should bring in 3 or 4 strikers and play 4-4-2 with the hot hand. Last time we won this league we had Darryl Duffy (17 goals), Danny McBreen (13), Andy Thomson (9) and Pedro Moutinho (4 goals despite missing a large chunk of the season), plus Latapy chipped in with 7 goals from midfield.

Time before that we had three forwards all in double figures

Goals win this league

Leahy and Vaulks have both been watched by English Championship sides at the very least. Grant has been fantastic and will have caught the eye of anyone watching on Saturday.

I can see Falkirk and Queens being in fairly similar situations over the summer. We've already lost two of our bettter players with another three as likely to go as stay. Falkirk will be doing well to hold on to one or two of those four (including Sibbald)