The Falkirk FC Thread

Heard were looking to beef up our under 20s for next season.He will probably do a decent turn

Having seen your under 20's last night they are pish, you have nothing coming through there. As for Sibbald, signed until 2017 and he will only be going south or to Spain, unless he gets someone younger than him pregnant, then it will likely be Dundee.

Kenny_Jnr, on 25 Feb 2015 - 22:27, said:

Have you heard of Leigh Griffiths?

Either you're comparing Leigh Griffiths to Rory Loy or you're trying to say that signing Griffiths from Livi (A deal we actually made a profit on even despite admin) caused us to go into admin OR you're saying we're signing LG from Celtic.

In either of the three scenarios, you're an idiot.

Local paper up here has a Wednesday filler regarding what other players in the Championship Hartley might be interested in bringing to Dens.

Your man Sibbald was one that was quoted.

What's his contract situation

Contracted til 2017 I believe.

We would be looking for a transfer fee of around £400,000.

Either you're comparing Leigh Griffiths to Rory Loy or you're trying to say that signing Griffiths from Livi (A deal we actually made a profit on even despite admin) caused us to go into admin OR you're saying we're signing LG from Celtic.

In either of the three scenarios, you're an idiot.

I'm not comparing the transfers of Griffiths and Loy.

Whether you made a profit or not, Dundee went into admin because they were living outwith their means. The fact Dundee exited administration through a six pence in the pound cva deal proves this. Spending 100,000 on a "championship striker" a few months earlier is a clear example of Dundee spending money they couldn't afford at the time, therefore it can be taken to be part of the reason for going into administration. Whether Dundee made a profit from selling Griffiths or not, doesn't change the fact Dundee went into admin on the back of signing a championship striker.

Anyway, that was just a we side point. Yeah, I have it on good authority Paul Hartley is in the latter stages of talks with Ronnie Delia over Griffiths but then again, i'm just an idiot.

Whether you made a profit or not, Dundee went into admin because they were living outwith their means. The fact Dundee exited administration through a six pence in the pound cva deal proves this. Spending 100,000 on a "championship striker" a few months earlier is a clear example of Dundee spending money they couldn't afford at the time, therefore it can be taken to be part of the reason for going into administration. Whether Dundee made a profit from selling Griffiths or not, doesn't change the fact Dundee went into admin on the back of signing a championship striker.

Anyway, that was just a we side point. Yeah, I have it on good authority Paul Hartley is in the latter stages of talks with Ronnie Delia over Griffiths but then again, i'm just an idiot.

Nae bather. :lol:

We've turned him in to a midfield maestro Ludo. We could do you a deal for McCracken though? 10 pence ONO.

We'll give you Loy back if you promise not to offload McCracken on us?!

So what was your point of bringing up Leigh Griffiths? We were certainly living outwith our means, like many clubs have done and continue to do. We spent money on Griffiths almost a year before and received a 'reduced rate' fee for him once we were in admin which was a profit for us and one of the main reasons we survived said admin. You state, 'doesn't change the face Dundee went into admin on the back of signing a championship striker' with this statement, it's clear you're trying to compare the situation between Griffiths and Loy OR you were just trying to be a dick with a wide comment in retort to Deefiant, either way, you're an idiot!

Yep, I agree, you are.

You can have your thread back, unfortunately you can't have Loy back and I'm pretty sure quite a lot of you will struggle to get your dignity back following the head explosions from the more sensitive Falkirk fans.

Good luck with the rest of your seasn and I sincerely hope Loy remains professional and continues to perform for the remainder of his deal. Dees remember Derek Lyle only too well and it's a shiter of a situation.

Edited by Deefiant