The Falkirk FC Thread

http://bit.ly/1DhfANl

At least we have referee observers who know how a linesman should really perform...

That b*****d will never be forgotten for what he done to us

I'm not one for keeping tabs on refs or linesmen....

I'm just looking for a reminder what the linesman has cost us..

It was a truly horrendous display, two goals and a clear penalty. The goal difference probably won't matter in Aberdeen finishing 2nd but it may effect a Hamilton position

Ross County are a village team and are where they are because they have a guy worth c£500m pumping money into them.

ICT are a franchise, as are Livingston.

At least QOS don't have that ignominy.

For being best ignored you bite plenty

"Bite". Oh Jesus, you're going for that tired old angling metaphor. What age are you again?

Post shit, have it challenged and exposed, then claim some type of victory. Dear, oh dear!

Ross County are a village team and are where they are because they have a guy worth c£500m pumping money into them.

ICT are a franchise, as are Livingston.

At least QOS don't have that ignominy.

For being best ignored you bite plenty

Well there we go MT I make ONE comment and I bite plenty. Some boy bpm

Guest Back Post Misses

"Bite". Oh Jesus, you're going for that tired old angling metaphor. What age are you again?Post shit, have it challenged and exposed, then claim some type of victory. Dear, oh dear!

I posted my opinion. You don't like or agree with it. What is you problem with someone having an opinion that you don't like?

You have exposed nothing. My opinion is my opinion. I think QOS are fundamentally a Seaside League team. You don't. I can live with that and actually respect you for standing up for your club. Good on you.

Because I am over 25 are opinions not allowed?

I posted my opinion. You don't like or agree with it. What is you problem with someone having an opinion that you don't like?

You have exposed nothing. My opinion is my opinion. I think QOS are fundamentally a Seaside League team. You don't. I can live with that and actually respect you for standing up for your club. Good on you.

Because I am over 25 are opinions not allowed?

I'll not be seeing twenty five or even thirty five again myself. My point was that you're old enough to know better; not that you're too old to deserve a voice.

Anyway, lots to play for between our sides over the remaining weeks, with at least two big head to heads within the next six weeks or so.

Looking forward to it.

I'll not be seeing twenty five or even thirty five again myself. My point was that you're old enough to know better; not that you're too old to deserve a voice.Anyway, lots to play for between our sides over the remaining weeks, with at least two big head to heads within the next six weeks or so. Looking forward to it.

Imagine bpm's seethe if his team lose out on a scottish cup semi final appearance and the play off berth to nothing more than a seaside league diddy club, I await it with excitement.

Edited by Broony88

Guest Back Post Misses

Imagine bpm's seethe if his team lose out on a scottish cup semi final appearance and the play off berth to nothing more than a seaside league diddy club, I await it with excitement.

The reality is we have every chance of losing both games as well as winning them. I am pretty realistic about where we are as a club in the last few years. If we lose we lose I will be gutted but I don't tend to seethe.

For what it is worth I think the league game is probably the one I think we are more likely to win. However if Reilly's injury is going to keep him out I will be more optimistic.

The reality is we have every chance of losing both games as well as winning them. I am pretty realistic about where we are as a club in the last few years. If we lose we lose I will be gutted but I don't tend to seethe.

For what it is worth I think the league game is probably the one I think we are more likely to win. However if Reilly's injury is going to keep him out I will be more optimistic.

Which one would you rather win, given the choice?

I'd personally rather win the cup game and then what will be will be regarding the league.

A crack at another semi and indeed a final would be excellent. Some Falkirk fans could never see us win the Scottish Cup but promotions have and will come about.

That said, the best I thought we could get this season in the summer was 4th and it's still a possibility, even if we lost the league tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I'd personally rather win the cup game and then what will be will be regarding the league.

A crack at another semi and indeed a final would be excellent. Some Falkirk fans could never see us win the Scottish Cup but promotions have and will come about.

That said, the best I thought we could get this season in the summer was 4th and it's still a possibility, even if we lost the league tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Yes, I suppose I meant which competition would you choose to do better than us in, if you could only have one?

I'd pick the Cup too.

Guest Back Post Misses

Which one would you rather win, given the choice?

Cup tie as defeat in the league would not necessarily mean we would miss out on the play offs. The reality is we will probably prevail in one of the games. The teams are pretty close so I would be surprised if we go 5 games against you this season without a win.

Cup tie as defeat in the league would not necessarily mean we would miss out on the play offs. The reality is we will probably prevail in one of the games. The teams are pretty close so I would be surprised if we go 5 games against you this season without a win.

Right, I'll re-word it to avoid confusion.

Would you rather reach the Cup semi-final, or the play-offs?

DEV LGE – CELTIC 2 – 0 FALKIRK

Celtic sent out a strong team with Liam Henderson, Stefan Scepovic, Callum McGregor and Alexsander Tonev all drafted in to face the Bairns who had David Smith and Alex Cooper in the line-up. Loanees Scott Shepherd and Thomas Grant got starting berths.

The home side started at a furious pace and Falkirk were hemmed in for the first five minutes. Tonev made space on the left for a cross but sent the ball spinning behind the goal to the groans of the Celtic support. The same player cracked a shot past Bowman in 10 minutes but the flag was raised for offside.

Falkirk had fought off the Celtic onslaught and David Smith had a good shout for a penalty when Kelleher’s high kick floored him in the box but the referee was having none of it.

Some poor defending by Celtic after 25 minutes saw the ball bounce around their six-yard box but none of the Bairns forwards could capitalise. The move finished when Blair collected the loose ball and rattled a 20-yarder high and wide of goal.

The game was still being played at a furious pace and Celtic impressed with some neat one-touch football but the Bairns rearguard was giving nothing away.

Botti was spoken to for downing Henderson on the half-hour mark and from the resultant free-kick, Bowman dropped the ball but recovered to grasp it at the second attempt as Thomson threatened.

Tonev came close again with a low shot which scraped the outside of the post but the teams went in level at the break.

There was no let up from Celtic as they continued to play at a high tempo and the Bairns were riding their luck within minutes when Lindsay shot over with the goal at his mercy Biabi took a head knock and had to leave the field for treatment but returned albeit looking rather groggy.

Substitute Miller rattled a shot off the crossbar as the pressure soared again and it was no surprise when the home side went in front after 61 minutes. Scepovic was the creator, running clear of the Bairns defence before unselfishly squaring for CALVIN MILLER to sidefoot past the exposed Bowman from eight yards.

Cooper set up Biabi within seconds of the restart in a show of defiance but the striker took way too long to get his shot away and Kelleher blocked.

It was 2 -0 in 75 minutes. Tonev tricked his way to the byeline and his powerful delivery was superbly guided home by the head of STEFAN SEPOVIC.

Again, the Bairns threatened straight from the restart. Ryan Blair crossed to the back post and Kevin O’Hara’s delightful header beat the ‘keeper but rolled agonisingly inches wide of the upright.

Seconds later, in an almost identical move but from the right wing, Biabi headed wide from a Thomas Grant cross. It wasn’t Falkirk’s night.

There was just time for Miller to rattle a ball home from Tonev’s pass but it was ruled out for offside. 3-0 would have been cruel on the Bairns.

FT CELTIC 2 -0 FALKIRK

CELTIC : Fasan; Fisher, Waters, Kelleher, McCart, Henderson (Miller 45), Thomson, Lindsay, Scepovic, McGregor (Duffy 45), Tonev. Subs not used : McCabe, McIlduff, Breslin, Hendry, Lafferty

FALKIRK : Bowman; Finlayson, Gallagher; Blair, Maybury, Dick, Smith (Blues 72), T. Grant, Shepherd (O’Hara 75), Biabi, Cooper (Langton 83). Subs not used: Fairbanks (GK), Hamilton, Martin, Johnson

What happens once we reach the play-offs/semi? Or is that not determined?

The rules are that you just have to take your chances there regarding a semi final draw, or who you'd get in the play-offs. Let's assume though that the play-off qualifier does so in 4th place, at the expense of the other side, who miss out altogether.

On those terms, which would you prefer?

Guest ceast93

The rules are that you just have to take your chances there regarding a semi final draw, or who you'd get in the play-offs. Let's assume though that the play-off qualifier does so in 4th place, at the expense of the other side, who miss out altogether.On those terms, which would you prefer?

Cup win... The fans and team seem to respond better to cup success. Will be an entertaining game for sure.