The Falkirk FC Thread

It's the way players move or things they do off the ball that can give you an idea of how good they are. Lots of people are in love with the idea of having a tall striker for some reason, doesn't matter how good he is just chuck him on for 20 minutes. If people genuinely think him running about a bit and committing a couple of fouls at Easter Road was "excellent" then I despair.

Comparing him to Stokes is hilarious. Stokes looked like he knew what he was doing straight away as Ned says and was on loan from Arsenal. Morgan is on loan from a team in the Swedish second tier.

Hopefully it's a case of him needing games to learn a bit more.

It's the way players move or things they do off the ball that can give you an idea of how good they are. Lots of people are in love with the idea of having a tall striker for some reason, doesn't matter how good he is just chuck him on for 20 minutes. If people genuinely think him running about a bit and committing a couple of fouls at Easter Road was "excellent" then I despair.

Comparing him to Stokes is hilarious. Stokes looked like he knew what he was doing straight away as Ned says and was on loan from Arsenal. Morgan is on loan from a team in the Swedish second tier.

I can't for the life of me see how you can say he looks horrendous on the two occasions he's been on the park for us. He showed he was up for it at Easter Road, closing them down with a good turn of pace. Last week was not his fault in the slightest, he never got one single decent delivery after Houston made his crazy substitutions.

You're right about giving away free kicks, that is going to be very frustrating to watch as our referees will give him nothing even when he should get one as that's all part of his game. Fcukin sure I wouldn't like to be a centre half up against him.

Just a wee heads up for travelling Bairns fans ahead of the game today.

I was driving in town yesterday, and tried to cross over from Murrayfield to Gorgie Road, but had to make a detour, as Russell Road was closed.

Not sure if it's still closed today, or what effect it might have, if any, but just a wee heads up, as I say.

The mists of time must be affecting my already dodgy memory 'cause as I remember it you could see Stokes was a player right from the off !?

If my memory is still ish there, I remember it as being a run of the mill 3pts for rangers for a time when they had big time players who performed, we also either started with john Stewart or he came on that day.....take from that how we performed....

Judging a player from sub appearances is also pretty ludicrous, here is 10/15 mins make it happen is probably the hardest thing to do. Morgan showed application in probably both sub displays, more so at Hibs as there was the space to do so and that's good enough for me.

I like to see players making their first appearance to have that extra 10% or so, keen to make an impact and a lot have over the years. This years Smith and OTJ have been the worst debuts I've seen for a long time, both seemed to be going through the motions

Guest Back Post Misses

You must have been away having a shite. He certainly did more than that. Your view, which you are entitled to, is clearly in the minority or at least an unfair judgement based on the game time he has had. Lets move on and see how the lad develops or not.

Genuine question, no wind up intended, is Loy good enough for the Premier?

With Falkirks last few top notch strikers, being Farid and Lyle Taylor, I've recognised they were exceptional at this level. For some reason Loy just strikes me as the type of player that 'fits' at a certain club. There's probably a case for saying Farid fits that profile more than Loy but just a question I wanted to pose to Falkirk fans.

Loys work rate is absolutely incredible. He fights for every ball. When he was playing the loan striker role his big problem was that he went too deep to get the ball leaving us without a front man. With two up top he would do well in the top league and will do so when we win the play offs