The Falkirk FC Thread

Just out or curiosity, how many Falkirk fans invade the Queens thread?

Strange use of the word "invade".

It's a multi-club forum and guess what, a transfer window is open. Already this has seen a player leave Queens and roll up at Falkirk, while another may be making the same switch. Meanwhile, Queens have been linked with a player who is very well known to Falkirk fans.

Is visiting each other's threads really a problem for you?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Guest Back Post Misses

What a surprise John Baird has signed for you mob! Hope you give him game time or it'll be toys out the pram again!! Look forward to seeing him sitting on the bench on the 17th ha!

^^^^ seeth

Think we all know the reason - Jim Thomson

Edited by Back Post Misses

What a surprise John Baird has signed for you mob! Hope you give him game time or it'll be toys out the pram again!! Look forward to seeing him sitting on the bench on the 17th ha!

Any word on contract length? Would hope it's 18 months and then we can review his squad position if we get promoted.

We lost McGrandles and Kingsley over the summer so I feel your pain to some extent.

Guest Back Post Misses

Any word on contract length? Would hope it's 18 months and then we can review his squad position if we get promoted.

We lost McGrandles and Kingsley over the summer so I feel your pain to some extent.

end of season I think

Hope its a 18 month contract, seems we are building for next season with these signings.

Correct me if i wrong but we would have the following signed up for next season

Bowman

Rowan

Vaulks

Grant

Dick

Muirhead

McGeever

Sibbald

Kerr

Alston

Taiwo

Blair

McNabb

Baird

Botti

Sheppard

MacDonald and Loy are out of contract and not sure that Maybury will be on the playing squad next season.

end of season I think

Does that not strike you as bloody idiocy on Baird's part. Falkirk's title/playoff ambitions aside he's swapping 18 months for 6 months job security. Were things really that intolerable at Queens? Was there really so little chance of him forcing his way back into the Queens team?

Does that not strike you as bloody idiocy on Baird's part. Falkirk's title/playoff ambitions aside he's swapping 18 months for 6 months job security. Were things really that intolerable at Queens? Was there really so little chance of him forcing his way back into the Queens team?

Things must have been bad considering two senior players have asked too leave

Two different cases - I suspect Kerr wanted the vacant Asst Manager role and was seriously upset when he was overlooked for that position. Clearly I cant comment on his suitability or otherwise for that role. I can only judge him as a player for Queens and I thought he was excellent.................very good football brain AND a hard grafter. If we go for Mark Millar his reputation worries me -not a great trainer, not playing well in Div 2 (a good player should be a stand out at that level)and could be a hothead on the pitch.

Baird in my view is a good player but Reilly and Lyle were playing better than him although I am sure if he had displayed a decent attitude he would have become a first pick and done well for us. He was NOT hard done by in any way - he should have been big enough to acknowledge the contribution of his fellow strikers and buckled down. Not sure that it will any easier to get a regular start at Falkirk but time will tell.

If it had been down to me I wouldn't have let either player leave but perhaps the club had no alternative!!