The Falkirk FC Thread

Seriously think the championship is his level.

I completely disagree, he's on course for a 20 goal season and he was phenomenal last year. He may not be exceptionally quick or incredibly strong but he's a fantastic all rounder and he's got a great football brain.

I'd easily take him over Lyle Taylor and, dare I say it, possibly Farid as well.

I completely disagree, he's on course for a 20 goal season and he was phenomenal last year. He may not be exceptionally quick or incredibly strong but he's a fantastic all rounder and he's got a great football brain.

I'd easily take him over Lyle Taylor and, dare I say it, possibly Farid as well.

Steady on. I rate him as just above average. The fact Loy is our best player by a distance shows the current squad isn't really great.

Yep I'd go along with that. Out of the 3 of them I would definitely say Loy was the better 'footballer' and also the best finisher.

The thing with Loy is he's at his best when he's got someone who will stay up front and then that let's him have a free role in behind to drift out wide or come deep and get the ball. Like has been mentioned his football brain is ridiculously good and the only real criticism I can have from him is he's poor in the air and he's prone to the occasional dive (see Saturday)

He's proved he's more than good enough to go up to the Premiership but he might fancy another crack at it down in England. Either way he's too good to be playing at this level.

LA la la la la la la la la la la (with fingers in my ears). Agree about Taylor though.

To label Loy a championship player is quite insulting. If he does leave us, it's clearly going to be for a bigger team

It's hard to compare him with the likes of Farid and Taylor. All 3 are different players and Pressley had a successful system which got the best out of a lone striker

Why are you so desparate to sign Baird? He aint first pick at QoS (no wonder when we have Reilly & Del Boy) and I can't see that changing at Falkirk with Loy and other striker coming in unless Houston knows Loy is offski.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Why are you so desparate to sign Baird? He aint first pick at QoS (no wonder when we have Reilly & Del Boy) and I can't see that changing at Falkirk with Loy and other striker coming in unless Houston knows Loy is offski.

Loy will be off but Baird would suit our team tbh.

Who says we're desperate to sign him?

I think the board would probably accept a derisory offer for Loy rather than lose him for nothing later but I don't see Baird as a replacement and hopefully Houstie doesn't either. He would be acceptable back up though.

As stated I don't think we are desperate.

We've just signed a striker and have Loy.

Some players work at some clubs.

Baird worked very well at Raith but not so good at Queens.

Now we will see at Falkirk.