The Falkirk FC Thread

With regards the completion of the stadium, I think it is the right thing to do for the long term benefit of the club, especially as we are now 100% located there, training and all.

I don't believe for a second the club want to waste money on 000s more seats but to actually use the East side for money generating facilities and dare I say it in hope, a safe standing area.

I'd like to see a moderate covered terrace, maybe 1500 or so, with a gym and indoor facility either side of it. You only need to look at Broadwood now to see how they maximised that empty land.

Along with the new cafe/bar/lounge being already created on the 1st floor of the South stand the club would finally, other than the 4G pitch start to make money and full use of the stadium.

Let's remember we currently see no income from;

5 a side pitches

Office rental

Westfield Lounge

The bulk of income generated from the hospitality lounges.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

With regards the completion of the stadium, I think it is the right thing to do for the long term benefit of the club, especially as we are now 100% located there, training and all.

I don't believe for a second the club want to waste money on 000s more seats but to actually use the East side for money generating facilities and dare I say it in hope, a safe standing area.

I'd like to see a moderate covered terrace, maybe 1500 or so, with a gym and indoor facility either side of it. You only need to look at Broadwood now to see how they maximised that empty land.

Along with the new cafe/bar/lounge being already created on the 1st floor of the South stand the club would finally, other than the 4G pitch start to make money and full use of the stadium.

Let's remember we currently see no income from;

5 a side pitches

Office rental

Westfield Lounge

The bulk of income generated from the hospitality lounges.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

What was actually discussed about the stadium, other property, etc? Was it left vague?

Glad we gave Hearts half the ground otherwise that main stand would've been awfy embarrassing on the tele.

Thanks to all the stay away watch on the Tele brigade.

Yes I'm one of them st holder but decided that530 is a shite time for a football match .... Ruins your Saturday in my opinion if you have plans ...so watched the game with a glass of Pinot Grigio and guess what we were garbage

I've not seen much of us this season and from what I watched last night it's a good thing. We don't have one player that can change a game and houstons got us playing so defensive you would have thought you were watching scotland away to the czech republic with levein in charge. Second half was a wee bit better and it showed that had we actually went at hearts from the start we might have had a chance. Tactics ruin football.

I've not seen much of us this season and from what I watched last night it's a good thing. We don't have one player that can change a game and houstons got us playing so defensive you would have thought you were watching scotland away to the czech republic with levein in charge. Second half was a wee bit better and it showed that had we actually went at hearts from the start we might have had a chance. Tactics ruin football.

^^^this^^^

Are you talking about Mark Millar? What was said exactly?

From the guy I sit next to, seemingly it was said he came in overweight at the start of his DUFC career and Millar said he would sign the contract on offer at FFC but wanted a longer holiday and would be as far as I remember over a week late for pre season.....this is when Houstie jumped and removed the contract.

The rumours that have bounded around, is that he isnt one of the best in training as in application...but heyho, he is a determined wee feck on a matchday and I personally would have him in front of all our centre mid options, no coincidence our run of good form started when he arrived. A lot of managers though wouldve been put off though if the training rumours are infact correct, especially if he is attempting to win a contract like he did with Hamilton and Im sure St Johnstone only to be left with Peterhead

Edited by MrDust