The Falkirk FC Thread

Funny I thot as I was bored on Tuesday, that why couldnt we have built smaller stands ala St Mirren all around the pitch other than ones to match the size of main stand, ok most weeks probably would only require two stands open, but in that case it couldve been more flexible for the one bus supports than what our main stand is doing for now as it wasnt designed for housing two seperate supports.

I dont think it will ever happen in my time, the fourth stand and I dont think its required

We should have built a stadium on par with Livingston's, with 10,000* seats. Two 3,000-seater stands on the West and East, and two 2,000-seater stands on the North and South.

*I actually have a degree of sympathy for the club, as the stadium was began when the ridiculously stupid 10,000-seater stadium rule was in place for the SPL. But even with this rule in place, the club should have realised aiming for a 12,000-seater stadium was folly. Our main stand is far too extravagant for our needs.

Edited by Gaz

no we gave away a ground we owned & let a supermarket chain build on it for nothing.apparently it was the most generous thing ever done by a football club & I believe it allowed us to register as a charity. I've also heard that the real purpose behind this move was to build a world class stock car track with a tinderbox stand ...but we will need the council to pay for this pipe dream

I'd be shocked if you weren't registered as a charity. Kinda makes you look stupid now eh.

Has a penny of the clubs money been used to build any of the other 3?

Sandy Alexander, who owns Schuh, gave us a good chunk of cash to build the South Stand, might even have been the full amount, I can't remember.

I suppose technically you could say the club's money built the Main Stand, as we 'sold' Brockville and its land to Morrisons, used the money to pay off some debts, and built our main stand.

Will try to dig up some details on the plan.

Nah, at the stadium. Was meant to be in the room downstairs but so many of us turned up we had to move outside to the stand. The rep from Bairnstrust was there and gave a pretty poor account of himself.

Never made that 1.

I was at a good few in BTW and was always unimpressed.

Guest Back Post Misses

Sandy Alexander, who owns Schuh, gave us a good chunk of cash to build the South Stand, might even have been the full amount, I can't remember.

I suppose technically you could say the club's money built the Main Stand, as we 'sold' Brockville and its land to Morrisons, used the money to pay off some debts, and built our main stand.

Will try to dig up some details on the plan.

SA sold Schuh years ago. His property company built the SS and the training building at Stirling Uni now used by the FVFA and St.Johnstone I think. The club pays a hefty rent for the SS each year. We own the NS as part of the deal that came about after the JVC which we formed with FC when we sold Brockville, went wrong.