The Falkirk FC Thread

Mcgrandles away by the looks of things and all we'll probably see in are a couple of journey men or some cheap loan signings. Fans would take it better if we were reinvesting this cash back in the team but history tells you that wont be the case and we'll be worse off again

Anyone else think Holt had this planned. Signs McGrandles up to 2017 and then months later the team he is assistant at signs him.

Holt will have known how much was needed, it must've come up in discussions.

We're not likely to know the ins and outs of this, but surely Falkirk could've leaked this bid somehow to try and get someone else to come in instead of just accepting tonight?

McGrandles will be a miss, we seen this tonight. He's a player than can turn anything into something. He doesn't get outmuscled easily and is very composed on the ball. He is also starting to develop his skill as well. I just wish we could have kept him for a wee bit longer and see him develop further and better. Houston will now need a defender, midfielder and striker. Should have the money.

I tried very hard to get an idea of the fee tonight from a Director. Didn't even have the courtesy to say sorry but I can't tell you. Just swerved the question and talked about trust in "your Board"

I have no issue, like everyone, about us selling our players if they re-invest it in the club/team. Over the last four years we have had a rake of fees in and our side has got weaker and weaker season after season. If we got £1m fair enough. Be surprised if it is anything like that though and if Houston will see much of it. That is my issue!

As many have said we saw tonight what we will get this season without him. It was dross.

I follow my club to see it do well, to see it progress and have ambition to do both. I can't stand us being happy to potter along, sell a few players and go nowhere. It has made me so disillusioned. Tonight felt the same as when I heard McCall had left. We had just thumped Hearts and we were on a bit of a high. Saturday we beat Hibs and hopes were high for us to really progress this season then this. Gutted. I wanted to see this lad progress even more in a Navy Blue jersey and feel cheated I won't get to see that. He is only 18 FFS.

Tonight felt the same as when I heard McCall had left. We had just thumped Hearts and we were on a bit of a high. Saturday we beat Hibs and hopes were high for us to really progress this season then this. Gutted.

That's exactly the comparison I made.

It shouldnt happen though when youve got money in the bank and hes got a decent amount of time on his contract. Hamilton werent rushed into selling mccarthy and they eventually got over a mill for him and sold him at the right time for them. Im fed up with us selling players the first time anyone comes in for them.

If we get a decent amount of money for him (and if we put in decent sell on clauses) I have no problem with him going. Problem is we'll probably never know.

It's disappointing but we are a selling club, as is everyone in Scottish football when Championship level English clubs come sniffing round, even the likes of Celtic. The money will repay the soft loans for the pitch, which will in turn increase our wage budget.

Good luck to the lad if/when he goes, he's been great for us. I hope to see him in a Scotland jersey at some point.

We will get the usual platitudes from Directors. "The player wanted to go" "it was money this club can't afford to turn down"

And? Both these statements are likely to be true. Conor has the chance to go to a higher level, a bigger club with better coaching and the small matter of increasing his income by a hefty amount.

This guff about the board of directors wanting to sell any player at any opportunity is nonsense, even though some people want to believe it. Barring an elite number of clubs in the world, everyone is a selling club and that's the way the game has went unfortunately.

The difference between Falkirk and most of the rest of the clubs outwith the "elite" is that we have guys like Old Man Smith getting wheeled out to the press to talk about interest in our players.

Here's a question for you - do you think the BoD are hoping no bids come in and we can keep our players, or do you think they're wanting to cash in asap?

The difference between Falkirk and most of the rest of the clubs outwith the "elite" is that we have guys like Old Man Smith getting wheeled out to the press to talk about interest in our players.

Here's a question for you - do you think the BoD are hoping no bids come in and we can keep our players, or do you think they're wanting to cash in asap?

They'll be hoping to cash in at the right price. What they'll be dreading is a bid of £100k. McGrandles will rightly want to go and therefore it will be difficult for the BoD to turn down - and six figures is a big sum to FFC, like it or not - but a bid of that level undervalues the player.

What is the problem with "Old Man Smith" as you put it.

Of course they want to keep our best players and hope no bids come in but when a bigger club comes calling, then you have to cash in at the right price.