The Falkirk FC Thread

Been told that Joe Chalmers and Brian Graham are the 2 signings we are looking to bring in and could happen this week.

Chalmers doesn't really fit in with what Houstie has said, "Experienced player to cover injuries and suspensions". Completely picking this out of thin air but Tim Clancy would be the exact player we should be looking at.

Na it was just tongue in cheek mate.but Linlithgow are playing falkirk seniors tonight.well in saying seniors there will probably be about two playing from first team.

Must be our under 20s as we played Saturday and are playing on Friday.

I would imagine we would have Bowman, Leahy ect playing.

Joe Chalmers can GTF, decided a jolly with Tony Watt in Marbella was more important than watching us in the play offs when he was still a signed player and had the whole summer to go away.

Correct, the fact he was bang average as well doesn't help him. How many times are we going to sign young old firm players on loan at the detriment of our young players trying to break through? Marr, Perry and Chalmers.

With the fact that Chalmers played in Celtics youth teams and Houston being at Celtic last season is the only reason we would sign him, not for me having sometime to think about it.

Although Clancy has been shaky in the past i would much prefer him to Chalmers.

Been told that Joe Chalmers and Brian Graham are the 2 signings we are looking to bring in and could happen this week.

Also heard this, also that we're looking to bring in another attacker (as well as Graham).

Won 3-1 tonight. Rory Boulding played again and scored.

Interesting. Other scorers? Any other trialists?

3-1 FT. Both teams made it a cracking friendly IMO. Boulding didn't have many chances and i thought he was isolated for large parts of it, although he took his goal very well. I thought our Peter Grant was superb at the back and organised well. Sibbs hardly touched the ball first half and was subbed at HT with friday in mind. First half only lasted 40 mins or so as a man took ill in th crowd and the physio's from both teams were needed along with an ambulance. He walked away with the paramedics so i hope he is ok. Team - Bowman, Leahy, P.Grant, McGeever, Rowan, McNab, Blair, Sibbald, Boulding, Shephard and Botti.

Anyone at the game tonight?

Went along with my son and I must say it was quite enjoyable for a friendly. Seen the teams and thought we'd struggle with the physically but our boys were getting stuck in! Back four were very good tonight and dealt with the long balls very well! 2nd time I've seen leahy play left back now an 2nd time I've been impressed. Be good battle this year between him and dick. Peter grant impressed me also, commanding and won every header ! If Vaulks does go peter grant is more than ready to step up in my eyes.

Hope the fan who got took unwell is fit and healthy!

Went along with my son and I must say it was quite enjoyable for a friendly. Seen the teams and thought we'd struggle with the physically but our boys were getting stuck in! Back four were very good tonight and dealt with the long balls very well! 2nd time I've seen leahy play left back now an 2nd time I've been impressed. Be good battle this year between him and dick. Peter grant impressed me also, commanding and won every header ! If Vaulks does go peter grant is more than ready to step up in my eyes.

Hope the fan who got took unwell is fit and healthy!

Thanks, who else scored for Falkirk?