The Falkirk FC Thread

Pretty poor there's no seating option for away fans at Awfulview next Saturday.

I love terracing and can't wait to get back on it but some fans, especially the elderly will struggle to stand for over 90mins or will not be able to attend at all.

I'm not being funny, but Shire won't need 700 seats in that main stand, some - even just 150 - should be made available to FFC.

On another note, I heard at the game last night we are just shy of having sold 2,650 season tickets. A great figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Edited by RC55 FFC

I love terracing and can't wait to get back on it but some fans, especially the elderly will struggle to stand for over 90mins or will not be able to attend at all.

I'm not being funny, but Shire won't need 700 seats in that main stand, some - even just 150 - should be made available to FFC.

We've decided to give away fans the terracing and no seats this season for the big teams. Your lot will get some seating.

Three of us Sunderland fans were at the game on Friday as part of a three game mini tour of Scotland over the weekend and I would just like to post our thanks for the hospitality we received both at the ground and in the pubs of Falkirk on the night. Its nothing less than we have come to expect in Scotland mind but thanks to all who crossed our paths.

Regarding the game I also thought Rotherham's tactics were a little bit basic, but they are actually a good side and probably should have won comfortably in all honesty (see the earlier post re the comical open goal miss) although Falkirk played some good stuff and the first goal in particular was excellent. Its difficult to assess sides at this stage of pre season mind especially with mass substitutions etc and the two championships are at very different standards. For what its worth I think Rotherham will have their work cut out to compete this season as its a league I know very well and its ultra competitive and I don't think they have the quality that will be required but that's just my opinion. No doubt your lot will enjoy the season with the 'big three' being in there and it should be a very exciting division and I wish you well. I saw Hibs today at Stirling Albion and I don't think you have too much to fear there.

What really struck me though was the pitch. I am a traditionalist and I am not a fan of plastic pitches and I had heard stories of how much better the one at Falkirk was and was skeptical. Not any more. Its by far and away the best artificial surface I have seen a game on and I have seen a few going back to the notorious 'car park' at QPR in the 80'S. My biggest issue with other ones I have seen is that the ball runs away if a pass is not precise to feet. The one at Falkirk however behaves more like grass and the ball will slow down and players can run on and pick up a miss placed pass like they do on grass.

Anyway, thanks for being the first part of an excellent three part mini tour and all the best for the coming season.

PS - My fellow Roker Rovers were also seriously impressed by the aesthetic qualities of the three barmaids in the lounge on the third floor and I also have to admit they were top notch (don't tell the wife). Congratulations to whoever is in charge of recruitment in the bar.

Edited by Roker Rover

With houston saying on ftv that hes after a striker and hopefully two others(with the boards approval) what positions do you feel need strengthened ? Imo we need two strikers and a right winger. We have an abundance of talented midfielders but we don't have a winger of sorts(yet to see cooper). Mcgrandles, alston, sibbs, taiwo and olu are all better when played more centrally. We desperately need more pace in our team

With houston saying on ftv that hes after a striker and hopefully two others(with the boards approval) what positions do you feel need strengthened ? Imo we need two strikers and a right winger. We have an abundance of talented midfielders but we don't have a winger of sorts(yet to see cooper). Mcgrandles, alston, sibbs, taiwo and olu are all better when played more centrally. We desperately need more pace in our team

What, Houstie getting in pre-emptive stuff, before he moans about the board not backing him?

Unprecedented.

Three of us Sunderland fans were at the game on Friday as part of a three game mini tour of Scotland over the weekend and I would just like to post our thanks for the hospitality we received both at the ground and in the pubs of Falkirk on the night. Its nothing less than we have come to expect in Scotland mind but thanks to all who crossed our paths.

Regarding the game I also thought Rotherham's tactics were a little bit basic, but they are actually a good side and probably should have won comfortably in all honesty (see the earlier post re the comical open goal miss) although Falkirk played some good stuff and the first goal in particular was excellent. Its difficult to assess sides at this stage of pre season mind especially with mass substitutions etc and the two championships are at very different standards. For what its worth I think Rotherham will have their work cut out to compete this season as its a league I know very well and its ultra competitive and I don't think they have the quality that will be required but that's just my opinion. No doubt your lot will enjoy the season with the 'big three' being in there and it should be a very exciting division and I wish you well. I saw Hibs today at Stirling Albion and I don't think you have too much to fear there.

What really struck me though was the pitch. I am a traditionalist and I am not a fan of plastic pitches and I had heard stories of how much better the one at Falkirk was and was skeptical. Not any more. Its by far and away the best artificial surface I have seen a game on and I have seen a few going back to the notorious 'car park' at QPR in the 80'S. My biggest issue with other ones I have seen is that the ball runs away if a pass is not precise to feet. The one at Falkirk however behaves more like grass and the ball will slow down and players can run on and pick up a miss placed pass like they do on grass.

Anyway, thanks for being the first part of an excellent three part mini tour and all the best for the coming season.

PS - My fellow Roker Rovers were also seriously impressed by the aesthetic qualities of the three barmaids in the lounge on the third floor and I also have to admit they were top notch (don't tell the wife). Congratulations to whoever is in charge of recruitment in the bar.

Ah, that explains why the bairn was adamant he saw 3 guys in Sunderland tops

On another note, I heard at the game last night we are just shy of having sold 2,650 season tickets. A great figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Grossly over stating ST sales.

It is similar to last year the number I understand.

Now i know why i seen someone kicking about in a Sunderland top!