The Falkirk FC Thread

Mark Roberts and Scott Crabbe were always at the end of a few shouts from me when they came back to play against us.

c***s.

I probably gave Crabbe even more stick when he was still with us. Mostly for diving if I remember right.

Not too bad. We are still short though. We need a striker badly and a centre half. I was encouraged with Dick. I haven't fancied him before but he looked good last night. Confidence maybe what was lacking. Olu had a decent game and Shepherd was decent when he came on. Alston was great second half.

As for the new signings I liked the keeper and Taiwo. Cooper was poor and Maybury steady.

Overall encouraging but still short of players

How hilarious was their miss at 1-1? That number 10 of theirs was easily the worst forward I've seen in ages. Couldn't pass, head, trap or control the ball. The goal he scored was an absolute sitter that he still looked like missing.

Think we need to go 4-4-2 with Biabi from the start and Shepherd as an impact sub. I like Ollie playing further forward, Taiwo giving him the freedom to do so

McD

Duffie-McCracken-Vaulks-Maybury

Taiwo

McGrandles-Ollie-Alston

Loy-Biabi

Looked to me like the first half would be out line up against the likes of Rangers, Hibs and Hearts whereas the second half more attacking possibly the line up against the rest of the league.

Wouldn't surprise me if we don't get any more signings in now but maybe go for a couple last minute loan signings. Looks to be the way we're going seeing as we've had no more trialists.

Edited by TheFalkirkBairn

The way we set up in the first half wouldn't have worked with Millar in the team. Taiwo was releasing the ball quick and on a number of occasions we outnumbered their defence.

There wasn't a lot of Hughes or Pressleyesque, tippy tappy pish.

Still short of a couple of players though.

Whats the views on Mark Millar folks? He's apparently playing as a trialist for us today.

Very good player, his signing turned our season around last year. We used him as a sitting midfielder but I feel he's better when he's getting box to box. Good passer of the ball, likes to get stuck in, decent shot on him and good with set-pieces. Only real negative is he does love a booking.

He didn't get much of a chance at Dundee Utd a few years ago but there's no doubt he's good enough to make the step up.

Ross Perry has just signed for us, some very negative comments about the guy already, what was he like playing for you guys

?

My 1st question when I seen him was "are we sure he's a Rangers player?"

My second question was "is he a football player?"

I also told a bunch of Gers mates "he will never play for Rangers as he's pish"

Says it all Ally played him

Edited by Gaz FFC

Re Ross Perry. His time Falkirk was far from brilliant. One of those guys that you cant point to and say "he was good in this respect, but really bad at something else". He was utterly non descript most things. Big laddie, but maybe because he was on loan, he didnt exactly get stuck in, and nothing li,e as imposing in the air as you might expect.

Might make up the numbers for you, but if it had been the Bairns who had signed him, I wouldnt exactly be thrilled at the prospect. Definitely one of those guys destined to be your average run of the mill journeymen footballers, and I would say Championship level will be a stretch for him.