The Falkirk FC Thread

Roman Wallner was the fella we signed whilst in Vaduz wasn't he?

It was Danijel Marčeta that was signed the day before the away leg I remember reading that he signed when I was in Basel on my way to Vaduz

Decent performance tonight against a reasonably good side. It's clear the players are still short of sharpness which is understandable and it looks like Housty is going to be flexible with the team.

The first half would appear to be the system that we will play away from home especially against the bigger sides. Only downfall in the setup is that you will be lucky to get 60 mins out of Loy. Thought wee Tam had a good game and could be a player for us this season

It was Danijel Marčeta that was signed the day before the away leg I remember reading that he signed when I was in Basel on my way to Vaduz

I was in London that morning I got the text.

Needless to say on my way to Vaduz.

Happy days the summer of 09

Good game tonight against Rotherham.

They looked average compared to us, long balls over the top at every opportunity and fouled anyone that tried to go passed them.

Olu was excellent and could hear Houston encourage him to get a bit further forward and got a great goal.

Looking forward to next Saturday now.

Quite enjoyed the game tonight to be honest.

Thought the defence looked better in the most part (on the viewing of the Woking highlights) and we certainly looked dangerous when we went 2 up top.

Olu had a decent game in the middle and took his goal really well.

Cooper was poor but Shepherd came on in his place and for into some good positions as always.

Encouraging, bring on the Shirey Pirey next Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

My brief thoughts of the game

Very decent performance and result against strong opposition. Players like Loach, Arnasson, Milson, Tidser & Newton would breeze our Championship (and are on wages we could only dream of offering).

Still not a fan of 4-2-3-1 (Loy too isolated) but in Houstie I trust.

Taiwo good. Cooper trying too hard. Hopefully McCracken is ok and Sibbs and Duffie are back soon. Dick did well and although McDonald was a little indecisive is clearly a quality keeper. Good to see Biabi, Shepherd, Rowan, McGeever et al getting a run out. Maybury hopefully only to act as cover for Duffie/Rowan.

Two strikers please and a left back. And Millar.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Enjoyed what I saw tonight. Had to leave with about 5 mins to go so missed their 2nd and our equaliser though. Liked the way we lined up in the first half and it could easily be effective as it leaves enough players back to put pressure on the ball and allows McGrandles to take it and find Alston/Cooper on the breakaway. However, I do think the 4-4-2 we played after we brought Shepherd (who I think made a difference today with his pace on the counter, will be important for us this season) on looked a lot better and more dangerous. As for Rotherham, they're no doubt a good side and their players are immaculate physically but f**k me, how could you watch that on a weekly basis. Tackle hard and kick it long to the big strikers. Not exactly difficult to manage although it's effective I suppose.

Notable performances: I thought Taiwo looked tidy, not as imposing or energetic as Millar but confident enough on the ball, composed and a good passer. Ollie looked good again, can dwell on the ball but good enough. Big, physical guy which is what we need. Maybury looked OK, capable back up but I don't think he makes it into a full strength first team. Not fast enough or good enough in the air for me.

Also, I did notice how animated Houston was on the touchline in comparison to Holt.

All in all an enjoyable experience, plenty to talk about and has left me looking forward to Saturday a lot. Bring on the Shire.