The Falkirk FC Thread

Thomas Grant has only just started running/training again and Shepard posted a pic on twitter during the week of his ankle on ice.

Not surprised either didn't play. Not sure about the others though.

Am I right in thinking this is our current squad;

GK

Jamie MacDonald

Graham Bowman

Gregor Amos

DEF

Kieran Duffie

Alan Maybury

David McCracken

Will Vaulks

Peter Grant

Liam Dick

Ryan McGeever

MID

Olu Durojaiye

Tom Taiwo

Blair Alston

Craig Sibbald

Connor McGrandles

Alex Cooper

Luke Leahy

Thomas Grant

FWD

Rory Loy

Kevin O'Hara

Botti Biabi

Scott Shepard

Lewis Small

Crying out for an experienced striker to play alongside Loy. Can see a LB getting signed too.

The striker doesn't have to be experienced but I think you should always have 3 first team strikers I said this last year and we ended up paying for it when roberts was suspended and when loy was injured for one of the play off games. We need to allow small,sheppard,biabi and now ohara time to develop in the u20's before there ready for the first team.

Tim Krul the hero. He learnt his trade at Falkirk so we are to be thanked

When he was with us I'll be honest, I thought he was good (better than the majority of the 768 keepers we had under Yogi), but not outstanding - certainly not at Mallo's level.

I've never seen him make a mistake for Newcastle though - though his defenders are often chronic. And he managed not to dislocate his shoulder during the pens, which is a step forward!

When he was with us I'll be honest, I thought he was good (better than the majority of the 768 keepers we had under Yogi), but not outstanding - certainly not at Mallo's level.

I've never seen him make a mistake for Newcastle though - though his defenders are often chronic. And he managed not to dislocate his shoulder during the pens, which is a step forward!

Yeah Danni Mallo was a class act there's no doubt about that. But in my opinion even he was not as good as Michael McGovern who I rated better than Krul, Schmeichel and Mallo. He is the best I can ever remember in a Falkirk goalies jersey.

Sorry to question Sir Houstie...but why do we have a trialist keeper? We already have MacDonald and Bowman is a pretty decent backup (on a low wage).

Good to see Grant starting though.

ETA: Good to see Botti with a hattrick, saw him last season at Forfar and hope he gets his chance this season

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

I think Botti is alright, he just needs to work on his strength a bit and I think he'll be a decent player for Falkirk. He's quite good in the air, fast and can finish, I hope he gets a chance.

Just needs a bit of confidence I think. Looked quite nervy when on as sub. He is very young so only to be expected. Will get a bit of confidence from today's game. His first in a league or cup game will be good for him.