The Falkirk FC Thread

On Farid and Taylor, I was at Uni through in Stirling a couple of years ago and you'd always see Farid around the town. On the pitch, he came across as a class act who would score goals. He was popular with the fans for a good reason.

Taylor came across as a total knobend. We beat Falkirk at the start of last season, when they'd taken a 1-0 lead at the end of the first half. At half time, he then was trying to wind up our fans. Come the end of the game, and he's hurrying off the pitch to much amusement.

I'm not sure whether Farid or Taylor would work well with Loy. Beck was very good folly for Loy as he'd pull defenders away being the big b*****d that he is. Taylor might be more effective as he can make very intelligent movement off the ball. I guess Falkirk fans will know better though given they've seen them more often!

Falkirk could net as much as £850,000 with various add-ons as full-back Stephen Kingsley prepares for a move to Swansea. (Daily Express)

And Falkirk are ready to bring in experienced former Hibs and Hearts full-back Alan Maybury as a player-coach. (Daily Express)

Falkirk could net as much as £850,000 with various add-ons as full-back Stephen Kingsley prepares for a move to Swansea. (Daily Express)

And Falkirk are ready to bring in experienced former Hibs and Hearts full-back Alan Maybury as a player-coach. (Daily Express)

I am sure they said that about Arfield "with various add ons". We got 50k extra and was freed. Get the cash up front and a sell on clause

If we sold players with the intention of investing some of the money we get in our squad then I would be more than happy for us to sell kingsley this summer for at least 500k upfront with liam dick filling his boots but we know with our board thats not going to happen.

As the OS page suggests, Cooper is a left footed attacking midfielder. Not as technical as Sibbald but still skillful, yet more quick and direct. Has a reputation of bit of a diva but it's not evident on the pitch. He's played across the midfield and played a bit at left-back on loan at Elgin a few years ago, and that's where he played in the Liverpool youth teams when they signed him from County for £100k along with Gary MacKay-Steven, but like GMS he was released after a succession of injuries hampered his progress. Nonetheless, I'm sure he sees himself as on the left or the middle of the '3' in a 4-2-3-1.

He rarely started last season and a surprise inclusion in the New Year derby against ICT which he scored. It was a bit of a flukey finish I thought, maybe I'm doing him a disservice but I thought he dribbled himself into a blind alley and was lucky that his shot went the only way it could for him to score.

He started the next derby too, a few months later out of the blue, but was so much out of his depth against more experienced players it hindered the team. I guess he has been playing so much of an impact sub role that he wasn't able to read the play of the game when there wasn't a clear counter-attacking plan, but the impression he often gives is a player that needs specific instructions to get the best out of him.

He's really quite dangerous on the counter attack and flashes quick, low crosses along the goal. He started this counter against Kilmarnock and was so unlucky to finish it, just as well Killie are laying an artificial surface.

deleeuw3.gif

He should be playing in the Championship I think, but despite being a few years older I don't think he's much more developed any more than Falkirk's current crop, because he hasn't had the same amount of starts. I reckon he might be just about ahead of Sibbald on the development curve and might realise his potential, but he needs a good season as a first team regular to see if he's actually got it. I'm not sure he'll get that at Falkirk ahead of Sibbald, McGrandles and Alston, but he's definitely a more direct alternative to Sibbald. I hope he does well in the trial and gets a gig.