The Falkirk FC Thread

I have known George for 20 years +.

He is a nice guy but is another who wouldn't know a football from an orange. I have no doubt he can set up Academy structures after all he has had plenty practice but he ain't the most organised guy in the world.

When he was at Falkirk, Dempster was one from other clubs who he spoke to a lot. Clearly got something to do with this.

As I said he is a nice guy. Not everything he did a Falkirk was wrong. He was poorly managed with us which was a big part of the issue.

Am with you 100%. He wasn't a football man as such but he knew his job and he carried out very well IMO. Barring the sour ending which there was a number of factors, including him, he was our MD at our most successful period.

I don't know the ins and outs of the Back the Bairns thing but from the outside, I seen a Falkirk man doing everything in his power for his team

Skacel is one Houstie's worked with previously. Wouldn't say no but, as I've said on onef, if true, make sure he doesn't take the 51 squad number, can't be doing with that pish.

Start that & he can about turn and head straight out the door, for me. His concentration would need to be 100% on the club employing him.

Henry, Ferguson, Coyle, James and Hagi. 0.5 players away from half a team.

Im sure we had McFarlane as good as signed in some capacity as he recovered from Injury, but he jumped onwards to Hearts after he got fit

You're right. I was pleased with the appointment of Gus. It just shows how wildly misplaced, optimism over the appointment of someone who's a bit of a twat but has a reasonable record at a higher level, can be.

Of course, McCall joined us in different circumstances to those surrounding when he took charge of you. I never suggested otherwise. I just remember being pleased because he had a track record and someone said something similar about Houstie.

I was merely looking for some common ground with you fine fellows, but you just won't have it.

Most hurtful.

I predicted that Gus would get Queens relegated....sorry Queen of the South....(your touchy on nicknames)....all of this before a ball was kicked.

Please remind me what happened that season .......

I dont get the decent record at a higher level with Gus.......Mr 11th at St Mirren and did he not lose a cup final against 9 men......

Whereas Houstie has had three top 6 finishes, with weaker teams each season and won a national cup.

Im as happy as Larry and excited for the season as we dont have someone who is learning their trade for the first time in many a year, the interview posted with him, is what you want to hear from a manager, no bullshit, no agendas and straight to the point. I actually liked Holt for some of his interviews, tho his inexperience reared its head on many occasions, we definitely wont suffer that this season.

I really cant understand your loitering around something that really isnt a great deal for you to be concerned about, ok you have made your point that in your mind we will go backwards and you reckon QOS now have a better chance of finishing above us.......time will tell on that, but move on.....unless you are looking to replace VT in some sort of diluted fashion to be this seasons fandan

Good luck on that......you have my vote.........

Jamie MacDonald is one of the handful of keepers in Scotland I'd say is better than Mick, I'd be fucking delighted with him signing. Same goes for Skacel. Sadly, I think it's unlikely. Source for these rumours?

Any ideas on the player-coach Houston's targeting?

Alan Maybury

"Maybury signed on for another year at Easter Road in the summer of 2013 in a player/development coach role. The club was relegated at the end of the 2013–14 season, after which Maybury was released from his contract."

Jamie MacDonald is one of the handful of keepers in Scotland I'd say is better than Mick

Because he played for Hearts doesn't mean he's better than McGovern. They were the whipping boys last season so of course McDonald was always going to stand out. He's still a decent goalkeeper and will be a reasonable signing for us but he isn't as good as McGovern