The Falkirk FC Thread

Houston would be a rubbish appointment. Did he not leave Dundee United because he felt the club would go backwards if they focussed on nurturing young talent? Certainly, there were stories of him being a bit of a bully. You also have to wonder why a man who won the Scottish Cup with Dundee United and achieved top six football has struggled to find a club.

Surely Holt was on more at Norwich than we gave him

Aye probably, but what a career jump he got, from kiddy coach to assistant manager in a year. Houston walked out on Dundee Utd when they wanted to cut his wages as part of a cost cutting exercise, and when asked if he was interested in the vacancy that Holt filled he said Falkirk were too wee for a manager of his calibre.

Most of my mates who are United fans were delighted when he left. Said something daft about how he couldn't take them any further with the players he had then Macnamara came in a brought through Gauld and Souttar. Don't think he was too keen on giving youngsters a chance which is surely what Falkirk are after? Also the Scott Allan story from the Sun springs to mind - I think Falkirk can do better!

Pieter Huistra? wtf?

Looked him up, he's had two managerial roles in the Netherlands and did abysmally in both. Plus side would be his contacts and records with youth teams.

I'm assuming the Scotsman story that linked him with us was some sort of translation error.

Huistra's last game in Scotland was against us IIRC and he grabbed a couple of goals - I also remember him getting booked at Brockville for suggesting that one of our players had dived .. a suggestion he made by throwing himself to the ground like a complete and utter fud - I think the Falkirk player in question might have been Eddie May !? (might even have been in the same game)

Even if, as we've both suggested, the link to the managerial position is bollox he can still GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

Looked him up, he's had two managerial roles in the Netherlands and did abysmally in both. Plus side would be his contacts and records with youth teams.

I'm assuming the Scotsman story that linked him with us was some sort of translation error.

From memory he did not bad in his first season at Groningen and they were actually up challenging at the early part of the season but it sort of bottomed out for him after that. I notice he was youth coach at both Ajax and Groningen so maybe not the worst appointment in terms of where we are just now with the youths.

Still, a bit out of left field and I agree with Ned, surely only come about due to chinese whispers.