The Falkirk FC Thread

Given the removal of the east side advertising boards I assume we've went with the temp stand.

Yipee, more Sevco fans.

The boards have just been removed in preparation for the Rod Stewart concert, nothing to do with whether or not we go for a temp stand.

Its going to be Houston and Moss both at Celtic know each other and have ties to the club and have the backing of a majority of the fans. That said would Houstie want Moss as his number 2 and would Moss accept that role ???

I wouldn't be averse to that combination.

The longer time goes on and the more stories about Houstie, the more sceptical I am with regards to his appointment. Still think it's set up for him and if given the job, I hope he is a success.

What stories?

What stories?

Although it's all about results and hes had reasonable success, his training sessions and methods at United we're extremely mundane. His attitude towards the young players was also questionable, not just big headed Scott Allan. Was his success at United down to the fact he was still feeding off Leveins team?

As I says earlier, I want him as manager and to be successful but he's going to have to change his ways.

McGovern has signed for Hamilton. Not good news at all.

Hopefully we look at bringing someone else in instead of going with Bowman, although in fairness he hasn't really done anything wrong on the pitch.

Yip - it goes without saying that this is an absolute key position and can make a massive difference over a season - even more reason to get a manager in tout fucking suite.

... and even more reason to get an experienced fella in.

I'd take Housty and be willing to give him a chance but there's something about this that makes me think of John Lambie. I hope I'm wrong.

FWIW I was actually quite pleased when we appointed Lambie - I think it was mostly down to a couple of lengthy interviews I'd heard him give previously where he'd talked an awful lot of sense !

That optimism lasted until the first interview he gave as Falkirk manager though where he stated that his goal for the team he'd inherited that had just finished 5th in the top flight was to avoid relegation - a goal he didn't fuckin manage to achieve - the interview was accompanied by a picture of him puffing on a cigar on the Brockville pitch <_<

If only there was some way I could thank the fella that tried to run him off the road ^_^:P

Kevin Cuthbert is leaving us now that McGovern has signed . Would you guys take him as a replacement? He's been a very good signing for us over the last two seasons.

Seems a bit of a kick in the teeth for Cuthbert. Saw his interview after the play off final and for him to now not get the chance in the top league must be gutting.

Very sad about Mcgovern leaving.